Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal Evoluzion ST1 - anybody try them?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The Evoluzion ST1 is one of Federal's newer tires and based off the proven 595 series. They're available im 205/40-17 at a great price but I can't seem to find any reviews of the tire on any car. What have y'all heard or what do y'all think?

http://www.federaltire.com/en/products_detail.php?class=UHP&products_detail_sn=38

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like it's probably developed from the 595EVO; it's listed in their Performance Tires, probably more for street.

In looking at their site, though, I did see a new Extreme Performance 200 wear tire, the 595RS-PRO that looks like it's for track. It has an 8" tread in 215/40ZR17.

http://www.federaltire.com/en/products_detail.php?class=UHP&products_detail_sn=42

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Under their street tires, it's listed 2nd from the top and it looks like they have them listed in order from best to worst:

Evoluzion F60
Evoluzion ST-1
595RPM
595EVO

So I'm hopeful that these won't suck. They are developed off the 595 series so it can't be bad right? haha. If they're at least as good as the 595 Evo, I'll be happy. And with a treadwear rating of 300 (compared to 240 on the 595 Evo and 140 on the stock Potenzas that I have now) I should be able to get 25k out of them. My stock Potenzas are at 24k and just about bald.

I've been shopping tires the past few weeks and the 595 Evo was my #1 by a large margin. I missed out on a set for $262 shipped on eBay but found the Evoluzion ST-1 listed for $308. I had never seen that tire for sale until today. So I bought it (205/40-17) and they'll be here Wednesday. :p

kevinatfms

Under their street tires, it's listed 2nd from the top and it looks like they have them listed in order from best to worst:

Evoluzion F60
Evoluzion ST-1
595RPM
595EVO

So I'm hopeful that these won't suck. They are developed off the 595 series so it can't be bad right? haha. If they're at least as good as the 595 Evo, I'll be happy. And with a treadwear rating of 300 (compared to 240 on the 595 Evo and 140 on the stock Potenzas that I have now) I should be able to get 25k out of them. My stock Potenzas are at 24k and just about bald.

I've been shopping tires the past few weeks and the 595 Evo was my #1 by a large margin. I missed out on a set for $262 shipped on eBay but found the Evoluzion ST-1 listed for $308. I had never seen that tire for sale until today. So I bought it (205/40-17) and they'll be here Wednesday. :p
Dont think they are listed by Best to Worst since the tire sizes are quite different for each. The Evolution tire is specifically marketed for large wheel applications(20"+) while the Evolution ST-1 is more oriented as a flagship UHP tire. I wish they made the Extreme Performance tires in our stock size as id like to try them in an auto-x application.

I run a set of 595EVOs, and have been for about a year now. I don't really have any complaints other than the initial soft feeling when compared to the stock potenzas.

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
What do you mean by soft? It's common for new tires to feel soft or squishy when you put them on because you're going from a bald tire with no tread squirm to a new tire with lots of tread squirm.

Anyway I'm already committed as the tires will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not gonna put them on right away but I'll keep this thread updated.

What do you mean by soft? It's common for new tires to feel soft or squishy when you put them on because you're going from a bald tire with no tread squirm to a new tire with lots of tread squirm.

Anyway I'm already committed as the tires will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm not gonna put them on right away but I'll keep this thread updated.

All I meant, was that the sidewall on the Federals offer a lot more flex on turn-in. My OEMs were nowhere near bald, however they were getting down to the wear bars. I got about 26k out of those Potenzas.

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
They're here! Holy cow they have really deep tread

Date code on them is 3917 so they're pretty dang new. There's so little info out there on these tires. I think they just hit the market and the date code would suggest that as well. 39th week of 2017 is the end of September.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
They're here! Holy cow they have really deep tread

Date code on them is 3917 so they're pretty dang new. There's so little info out there on these tires. I think they just hit the market and the date code would suggest that as well. 39th week of 2017 is the end of September.

Let us know how u like them

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Got them mounted a few days ago. Initial impression is good. They're squirmy but that's probably due to the really deep tread compared to my old tires which were worn past the indicators. Grip is as good if not better than the Potenzas. I believe they're about 1.5lb lighter and man I can feel it. These have a treadwear rating of 300, where the Potenzas are at 140. Considering they cost less than half as much, I'm very pleased so far with these Federals.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Interested to see these 205/40s on a 17x8 wheel. Or if they offer a 215/40 then I'd like to see that as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got them mounted a few days ago. Initial impression is good. They're squirmy but that's probably due to the really deep tread compared to my old tires which were worn past the indicators. Grip is as good if not better than the Potenzas. I believe they're about 1.5lb lighter and man I can feel it. These have a treadwear rating of 300, where the Potenzas are at 140. Considering they cost less than half as much, I'm very pleased so far with these Federals.

Have you had them on the highway yet?

I am curious as to whether or not they are relatively QUIET, unlike their sticky 200 tread wear donuts (which is to be expected, given their rigid construction, and 'cut slick' tread pattern). ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interested to see these 205/40s on a 17x8 wheel. Or if they offer a 215/40 then I'd like to see that as well.
Federal DOES offer these in a 215/40-17, as they do MOST of their performance models (UNLIKE most other manufacturers), to their CREDIT! [twothumb]

Now, if I can just convince them to make a 225/40-17, which NO ONE AT ALL makes in a 'streetable' (NOT a 00-50 tread wear full race SLICK) tire. :(

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I would like a 225/30-17. But anyway, yes I have had them on the highway and they are pretty quiet. They are certainly not as noisy as my bald bridgestone's. These things have so much tread depth and grooving for the rain. I can't wait to try them in the rain

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would like a 225/30-17. But anyway, yes I have had them on the highway and they are pretty quiet. They are certainly not as noisy as my bald bridgestone's. These things have so much tread depth and grooving for the rain. I can't wait to try them in the rain

Yes, they look like a VERY impressive, 300 tread wear tire, and UNLIKE the Michelin and Conti 300/340 tread wear donuts, they do NOT shun us FiST drivers by NOT making anything in a size we can use, and DO produce sizes which we can ACTUALLY USE!! [thumb]

Where did you order them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Ebay, seller tires-easy

CSM

1000 Post Club
Looks like a tire to move to after the OEMs wear out. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you drive more miles on them!