Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vudu shift plate fitment issues.

OP
P
Thread Starter #21
The fitment may be different from car to car. The shift arm is cast piece so you will have a variance in ridges or casting marks. Due to the nature of this part tight tolerances are a requirement. You may need to remove some of the extra casting material to get it to fit properly.
I figured this much due to the roughness of the piece. The piece would have to be re-coating then wouldn’t it?

I doubt it. You wouldn't be removing that much material, we're talking maybe a millimeter at most. Only lightly finessing the casting mark that's causing the interference, this would be done with a small hand file.

When you remove the kit from the shift arm you should see where the interference is due coating being missing. You should have a similarly matching mark on the short shift adapter as well.

redmoe

So crazy question here: Do the two half’s really need to be completely contacting each other? I seriously doubt the design/load limits are accounting for contact between the two halfs. As long as the bracket is not leaning to the forward or back and not dragging on anything a small gap should not be an issue. Given the variation in casting on the shift arm the bracket would have to be designed to the max expected arm thickness yielding a loose fit on arms on the lower end of thickness.

The pivot ball shaft diameter is close to the same size of the mounting hardware. If the full surface area of the bracket interface was needed the stock ball would sheer off. Also the socket and ball interface allows for some variation in bracket angle.

This is very timely as I just installed the same vudu ss on mine! Baring any weird casting flash can confirm it tightens flush, I tightened a bit at a time going clockwise using a hex socket and a long extension. Unplugged the plug directly above the passenger side corner bolt and moved the linkage back to get on it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
This is very timely as I just installed the same vudu ss on mine! Baring any weird casting flash can confirm it tightens flush, I tightened a bit at a time going clockwise using a hex socket and a long extension. Unplugged the plug directly above the passenger side corner bolt and moved the linkage back to get on it.
thank you
this part fits very well and is of high quality
I have sent 2 emails to the OP with no response since this thread from yesterday
I'm sorry but this will have to be booked as installation help needed and I have offered to send a local Fiesta owner to do just that

-Ron

Got my vudu plate installed today. Was a pain working around my injen intake tube, but I removed the battery and tray. Fit very nice and snug. Forgot to put locktite on the ball, anyone had any issues with theirs coming loose over time?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got my vudu plate installed today. Was a pain working around my injen intake tube, but I removed the battery and tray. Fit very nice and snug. Forgot to put locktite on the ball, anyone had any issues with theirs coming loose over time?
No and I Have had both the Fswerks and now the mountune short throw shift adapter. just tighten it up and good to go....[wrenchin]

Just installed it yesterday and other than everything being a tight fit (everything is on this car really) it was easy to install and fits perfectly. The first time I tightened it, I had a similar issue as OP, but you just need to make sure you don't tighten too much the front or the back before the rest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

redmoe

I've had the FSWERKS for ~2yrs never an issue, it fits flush. I'd never settle with gap or ill fitting parts regardless of brand if I couldn't get it to fit right myself.

Maybe the angle of the picture but it looks like the bracket is wearing on the transmission sensor.

redmoe

Lol, looking again I think this is silver paint from the factory check. Just realized that the part is not a collar but part of the plastic connector. My eyes were playing tricks on me.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Lol, looking again I think this is silver paint from the factory check. Just realized that the part is not a collar but part of the plastic connector. My eyes were playing tricks on me.
Yes, it' the factory check mark. it's hard to get a camera in there, but here's a slightly different angle showing plenty of clearance. I went through ever gear after the install to make sure there were no interference with anything. My main concern was the extra fuel line for my e85 gauge right above the shift cable, because the cable got lifted up closer to the line with the bracket in place. But it all clears, if I had a gap with the short shift bracket causing interference with the line I'd chuck the bracket, LOL.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I have the Vudu on my '17. I had absolutely zero issues, no gap, no cinching down. Slide the two halves on and they fit great and instantly seated themselves how they were supposed to be.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
i ordered the vodoo one from whoosh hopefully i can get my big ass hands in there is it that tight?
you'll be fine
I just installed the VUDU on our shop car #2 2018 Magnetic
literally takes a few minutes

do not remove the battery or anything, just the induction hose
you run into any snags give me a call or text