Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    C'mon what does Mr Mackey say at the end of every sentence?
    I did not get it M'kay.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Magnetic 2017 Fiesta ST

Fswerks catback exhaust.
    ST200 airbox.
    Turbosmart EM BOV Dual Port VR2.
    Whoosh brand Hi-Flo hot side intercooler pipe

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    ND
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumbest company? No, simply a business gamble. However, I do agree with the Hooniverse podcast on this subject. The first sign of a dip down in the economy and a good portion of those who bought a little too much car for their budget will want to offload that loan for something a little more financially feasible. In my opinion it's more of a risk to the consumer than the company.

Member 77 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a little off-topic, but it's definitely dumb in my opinion: I ordered a magnetic oil drain plug from Mountune. I ordered the FiST part and they accidentally sent me the FoST part. Two different parts? Yes, the FoST part was smaller, different threads, wouldn't work. Can't Ford standardize something as simple as an oil drain plug?
    - Mountune RMM, Quick Shift kit, SS brake lines, radiator, exhaust hangers, induction hose, FMIC
    - Koni Sport struts, Swift springs, Enkei RPF1s, Conti ExtremeContact Sports
    - StopTech slotted rotors, Carbotech 1521 pads
    - Pierce 2-pt chassis brace
    - Hotchkis rear anti-roll bar
    - Green air filter
    - Ford carbon fiber shift knob
    - Radium catch can

Senior Member 417 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovrnghtprts View Post
    Dumbest company? No, simply a business gamble. However, I do agree with the Hooniverse podcast on this subject. The first sign of a dip down in the economy and a good portion of those who bought a little too much car for their budget will want to offload that loan for something a little more financially feasible. In my opinion it's more of a risk to the consumer than the company.
    It's a risk to the consumer because the company has already made the final sell. The cars are still being manufactured. They're just not manufactured and sold here. So in the inevitable event of another market shift, they have the option to (not so simply) start importing them.

Does it seem as though some other higher reputation manufacturers care more about what happens to the* vehicle after the sale, maybe warranty period?

* (not "your" vehicle, just "the")

Quote Originally Posted by green_henry View Post
    This is a little off-topic, but it's definitely dumb in my opinion: I ordered a magnetic oil drain plug from Mountune. I ordered the FiST part and they accidentally sent me the FoST part. Two different parts? Yes, the FoST part was smaller, different threads, wouldn't work. Can't Ford standardize something as simple as an oil drain plug?
    It's a different engine, but agree none the less. Something as simple as an oil drain plug should easily be standardized across engines with similar specification oil pan fill capacity.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_henry View Post
    Sounds like the dopes are Mountune.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada S
    1971 Vespa 150 Super
    2017 Honda CB1100 EX

Member 77 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    Sounds like the dopes are Mountune.
    Mountune made a one-time shipping error. Ford made a design/logistics error that's been repeated for every Focus or Fiesta that's rolled off the assembly line. Mountune's mistake is understandable; Ford's mistake is a head scratcher

If anybody in the Bay Area (esp. Walnut Creek) has a FoST and wants a Mountune plug, PM me.
    Last edited by green_henry; 01-13-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    - Mountune RMM, Quick Shift kit, SS brake lines, radiator, exhaust hangers, induction hose, FMIC
    - Koni Sport struts, Swift springs, Enkei RPF1s, Conti ExtremeContact Sports
    - StopTech slotted rotors, Carbotech 1521 pads
    - Pierce 2-pt chassis brace
    - Hotchkis rear anti-roll bar
    - Green air filter
    - Ford carbon fiber shift knob
    - Radium catch can

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I understand the point you’re making and I have never change the oil on any model Focus. But keep in mind that some oil pans are cast aluminum while others are stamped steel and others may be made of other materials. In addition, as time goes by there are engineering improvements built into new designs. The FiST is the first car I’ve owned with a captured rubber seal in the drain plug. Most cars use crush washers and lots of bikes use captured traditional o-rings. Every single aspect of a motor’s design is a balance between performance and cost. When the second of the 2 engines was designed, the Ford engineers had good reason not to use what they already had in the parts bin.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada S
    1971 Vespa 150 Super
    2017 Honda CB1100 EX

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567