Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member 982 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FORD: Americas Dumbest company?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Here's the link....

https://seekingalpha.com/article/417...umbest-company

There is Sordove a silver lining point made though in the article.... At least they aren't done completely making their vehicles everywhere! Which means it could be revived when the mistake is seen that everyone doesn't want a God damn SUV OR TRUCK.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TyphoonFiST; 09-09-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No mistake....simply business.

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

America's dumbest company would be any number of Silicon Valley venture capital firms. But I agree, the discontinuation of all small and fuel efficient vehicles in America is a remarkably myopic strategy, especially because gas is already starting to creep up towards $4/gallon again.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Gas mileage is not the reason people are not buying small cars.....the price of gas always goes up in the summer historically. Of our six adult children three drive SUV's because they feel with the majority of vehicles being large and heavy on the road that they and their kids are safer in an SUV. The other three have no kids yet and drive a built Trans Am and BMW's. As to pick-ups that is to me just a redneck/male thing other than the few actual work trucks owned by individuals. These cars will be built for the rest of the world and they can be brought back if things change. Just a smart marketing move that is being done by GM also. No more Buicks and they are dropping many cars. Ford owns the truck market and will concentrate on their most profitable line. GM stopped production of 'Vettes earlier this year due to poor sales and Toyota stopped Camry production due to poor sales but resumed later. 'Vette never did........

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Honestly it doesn't matter anymore, I will simply buy somewhere else in the future. Goodbye Ford you will not see any money from me. I will not own a SUV. I cannot afford one of your trucks new, without Financial harm. Oh also your advertisement sucks it's almost as bad as Chevy, well it might be just as bad. I am disgusted by the SUV crowd boring lifeless sheep is all they are.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jmrtsus View Post
    Gas mileage is not the reason people are not buying small cars.....the price of gas always goes up in the summer historically. Of our six adult children three drive SUV's because they feel with the majority of vehicles being large and heavy on the road that they and their kids are safer in an SUV. The other three have no kids yet and drive a built Trans Am and BMW's. As to pick-ups that is to me just a redneck/male thing other than the few actual work trucks owned by individuals. These cars will be built for the rest of the world and they can be brought back if things change. Just a smart marketing move that is being done by GM also. No more Buicks and they are dropping many cars. Ford owns the truck market and will concentrate on their most profitable line. GM stopped production of 'Vettes earlier this year due to poor sales and Toyota stopped Camry production due to poor sales but resumed later. 'Vette never did........
    Ummm the corvette isn't out of production... they shut down production for renovations to the plant and I suspect an overhaul of tooling for the next generation that will be mid engine.

Also, yes gas prices historically go up in the summer, but they never dropped off at the end of last summer. Therefore they are increasing on top of last summers increases.

Only time will tell but in my opinion this is ultimately a bad long term decision as they now need to make up for the 500,000 CAR sales in 2017. They will either need to do this via increasing profits on the existing customer base (most likely) or by luring in new customers and convincing them that they want SUVs. Given that the 500,000 people that bought CARS had the option of an SUV I'm guessing the second option will be a tall order. At a minimum the car should have been viewed as a marketing tool. Get young people to by a new compact/midsize out of college and then get them to trade up into the SUVs/crossovers as they have kids, make more money, etc. and develop a brand loyalty. Ford will not have a true entry level vehicle in 2020 (ironic cause that's what hindsight is). Sure, I guess the Ecosport is "entry" level but you could pick up a Fusion (which is larger) for about the same coin.

The funny thing about this entire thing is that at the shareholder meeting where they made the announcement many shareholders voiced concern over this decision...I wonder why that is...

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    HI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zanethan View Post
    Ummm the corvette isn't out of production... they shut down production for renovations to the plant and I suspect an overhaul of tooling for the next generation that will be mid engine.

Also, yes gas prices historically go up in the summer, but they never dropped off at the end of last summer. Therefore they are increasing on top of last summers increases.

Only time will tell but in my opinion this is ultimately a bad long term decision as they now need to make up for the 500,000 CAR sales in 2017. They will either need to do this via increasing profits on the existing customer base (most likely) or by luring in new customers and convincing them that they want SUVs. Given that the 500,000 people that bought CARS had the option of an SUV I'm guessing the second option will be a tall order. At a minimum the car should have been viewed as a marketing tool. Get young people to by a new compact/midsize out of college and then get them to trade up into the SUVs/crossovers as they have kids, make more money, etc. and develop a brand loyalty. Ford will not have a true entry level vehicle in 2020 (ironic cause that's what hindsight is). Sure, I guess the Ecosport is "entry" level but you could pick up a Fusion (which is larger) for about the same coin.

The funny thing about this entire thing is that at the shareholder meeting where they made the announcement many shareholders voiced concern over this decision...I wonder why that is...
    Exactly my thoughts. Seems a very poor long-term decision. Even if they build more economic and/or smaller SUVs they are abandoning a huge market of cars. Stupid move!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Staff Team Staff Team 1404 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I spoke to a co-owner of a very large Ford dealership yesterday.
    I was told they never had any problems selling sedans or smaller type cars.
    Additional comments were that, they also were not too happy with Ford's decision.
    However, there was nothing that they could do about it either.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D1JL View Post
    I spoke to a co-owner of a very large Ford dealership yesterday.
    I was told they never had any problems selling sedans or smaller type cars.
    Additional comments were that, they also were not too happy with Ford's decision.
    However, there was nothing that they could do about it either.

Dave
    They sell a ton of Ford focus's where I live. I see a lot of Ford car's new and old. So yeah sucks for the dealers for sure.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I see far more Ford cars than trucks/SUVs/crossovers where I am too.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast