Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM on 1.0L SFE

juugcatm

I installed the Mountune RMM on my Fiesta SFE this afternoon and oh boy the vibration! I realize that a 3 cylinder by design is a rough idler, but it seems as though the RMM is *SO* stiff versus the stock part and the remaining side mounts, that the engine wobbles like crazy in the engine bay. I fear that the stiff RMM has focused the energy into the two remaining mounts and their durability will be greatly reduced (let alone the additional vibration load on all the hoses and such). Anyone have experience with an aftermarket RMM on their 1.0? Are there any up-rated side motor mounts available?

KKaWing

The mounts needs a few days to break in. Give it a week or two to settle and see.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
It could be possible that the mounts are different to help counter 3 cylinders, but I’m not really sure. It’s cool that you’re modding the 1.0 though.
[MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION]

OP
J

juugcatm

Thread Starter #4
Next day review: Still lots of shaking but all aspects of power delivery are much more responsive. There was some lag and "disconnected" feeling to the way power applied and I feel like that is significantly reduced. I'm now looking for folks who have uprated side mounts available. Any leads?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It could be possible that the mounts are different to help counter 3 cylinders, but I’m not really sure. It’s cool that you’re modding the 1.0 though.
@BRGT350
Actaully Mountune UK sells a different uprated mount for the 1 liter among other performance goodies for it. You cannot find much if any 1liter stuff on the Mountune U.S. site.
I talked to Mountune U.S. amd they said the reason is the U.K. Version uses a different ecu. Because of that and the fact that 1 liter ecoboost Fiestas were marketed purely as Super Fuel Efficient they do not have stuff for it.
Ya I looked into it because twice now I have considered offing my 2012 Focus SE daily for a 1 liter ecoboost car. I am currently cosidering a Candy Blue 2015 with 32k on it I could probably get for a great price.

Ya I might be deep in Fiesta’s but like my friend said there could be a lot worse things than owning a pair of Fiesta’s lol.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Actaully Mountune UK sells a different uprated mount for the 1 liter among other performance goodies for it. You cannot find much if any 1liter stuff on the Mountune U.S. site.
I talked to Mountune U.S. amd they said the reason is the U.K. Version uses a different ecu. Because of that and the fact that 1 liter ecoboost Fiestas were marketed purely as Super Fuel Efficient they do not have stuff for it.
Ya I looked into it because twice now I have considered offing my 2012 Focus SE daily for a 1 liter ecoboost car. I am currently cosidering a Candy Blue 2015 with 32k on it I could probably get for a great price.

Ya I might be deep in Fiesta’s but like my friend said there could be a lot worse things than owning a pair of Fiesta’s lol.
I see; makes since. I remember a few years back reading about a guy who dynoed the 1.0 Fiesta, and had an increase in power by removing the muffler and adding premium fuel.

I actually wouldn’t mind owning the 1.0 Fiesta so long as it wasn’t a sedan.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I see; makes since. I remember a few years back reading about a guy who dynoed the 1.0 Fiesta, and had an increase in power by removing the muffler and adding premium fuel.

I actually wouldn’t mind owning the 1.0 Fiesta so long as it wasn’t a sedan.
Ya I drove a Sedan it was horrible. They do handle differently than the Hatch. I would not touch a Sedan woth a ten foot pole.

OP
J

juugcatm

Thread Starter #8
I have the hatchback but I really wish it went a step futher and was a 2 door like the UK models. I really enjoy the 1.0 - It's by no means fast, but I loved the fact that I could get a turbocharged motor in such an inexpensive car. I'll look into those mountune mounts. Maybe they fit the US car just fine.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have the hatchback but I really wish it went a step futher and was a 2 door like the UK models. I really enjoy the 1.0 - It's by no means fast, but I loved the fact that I could get a turbocharged motor in such an inexpensive car. I'll look into those mountune mounts. Maybe they fit the US car just fine.
There is no reasom it would not. They also have a larger intercooler, exhaust,intake plus a few other things

My 1.0 really woke up with a tune. Have an Airtec fmic that is waiting for me to install. Makes for a fun commuter car that gets 40 mpg with me driving it hard. Have gotten 44 mpg driving a steady 70 mph lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 1.0 really woke up with a tune. Have an Airtec fmic that is waiting for me to install. Makes for a fun commuter car that gets 40 mpg with me driving it hard. Have gotten 44 mpg driving a steady 70 mph lol

Where can you get a tune for the 1.0 in the States?

Where can you get a tune for the 1.0 in the States?
OETuning.com. Check out my thread on the FiestaFaction Custom Tunes Available for North American Fiestas
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forums/showthread.php?t=55226&share_type=t Their customer service is lacking, pricing is high but negotiable. They do have a dealer network. I would never even think of going back to stock. Game changer for the little 3-banger lol

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
My brother was going down the route of modding his SFE manual. He added the Mountune filter, Mountune shifter, ST springs, and ST wheels and tires. RMM and intake was next on his list, but never got around to it. He has something around 120,000 miles now and starting to think about a Focus ST instead. The 1.0L is a great engine and I found it to be a lot of fun with a manual. Great to see somebody modding theirs!