Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Recaro Seats vs Focus ST Recaro Seats

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
On the Focus forum I belong to, one of the admins over there owns both the Fiesta ST and Focus ST...interesting to see that both seats are about the same size with the FoST being slightly more comfortable to him. If you look at the two pictures they seem identical in size.

Here's my completely unofficial response after doing a sit-in with both cars parked next to each other-they're really close and very similar. So much that I'm not 100% sure if my impressions are real or if they're just in my head. My butt is only calibrated for power information, so this was a very different experience.

The FoST seats feel just a touch larger. The padding seems a bit softer as in the seat feels more comfortable. I don't know if that's because of the leather vs cloth or if it actually has a touch more padding.

The FiST feels slightly narrower with a tiny bit less bolstering. The seats don't feel like they're trying to engulf me in the same manner. They also seem slightly more flexible as though they give a little more when I get seated.

For all I know I'm completely wrong, completely right, or somewhere in-between. They are indeed very similar seats. I got in and out of each one quite a few times and each time I thought 'maybe this' or 'maybe that'. Despite them being so similar I can very easily say that (seating-wise) I would rather take a road trip in the FoST. To me they just feel more comfortable in general.

I also took these pics so you can see the difference between the shifter placement between the two vehicles (and compare cockpits in general). Both pics were taken with the phone on the headliner.

I really need to get some ambient lighting pics, FiST for its youthful demand and FoST for its grownupadultishness. Maybe tonight.

Yeah when I bought my FiST I was there to purcahse a FoST instead. Ended up sitting them both side by side and testing out the seats and the FoST did seem a bit larger in that regard. They didn't seem to hug me quite the same way the ones in the FiST do. Then again i'm 5'10 and 165 so i'm sure it's subjective mostly.

I love the Recaros in my FiST...but I am going to have them modded by an upholstery shop...going to widen them up on the bottom(thighs) and where my latissimus dorsi get's squeezed..btw 6' 205 lbs...I'll pay to have it changed, but I would never order the stock seats...IMHO, I wish Ford made the seats adjustable, width wise, with a dial...but wtf, we have a friggin' nut job of a car for under 25k...and oh...I can hear the fuel pump...it's the fuel pump..hhhhmmmmm...or not..I may be on drugs...let me know

Personally I'd love to swap in some the of the seats from the Titanium Fusion. Those seats are fantastic. Just the right amount of bolster for a daily driver in my opinion. Although getting seats like that in cloth would be preferred. Leather is just too high maintence, especially in a seat with bolstering that I guarentee will be extremely worn by 80k+ miles.

XuperXero

I actually disliked the FoST seats... Felt awkward especially the bottom where it's slanted backward to what felt like 45 degrees. FiST seats were SO much more comfy.

HaveBlue83

going from a FST to a FiST after two years, I feel no real difference except a narrower feel in the FiST.