Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help in NC

Does anyone know of a competent Ford dealership in the triangle area that has at least heard of Mountune? I would like to get the mp215 upgrade installed on my Fiesta ST. However, my local dealership does not seem to know what I am talking about, even after showing it to them on the Ford performance parts website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

haste

1000 Post Club
Good luck, dude. I wouldn't trust a soul in NC to touch my car.

IF I were to call any dealer in the area I live in would be Lee ford in Wilson, NC. They do seem to care about the "specialty" cars that roll through their shop.

Avoid Capital Ford at all costs.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Take it to an independant shop with an ASE certified mechanic....does NOT have to be a Ford dealer to install it.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You don't have to use a Ford dealer. Any ASE certified mechanic can do it.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #5
I went there specifically because of the closest dealers to me, they at least had a tech that owns a FoST on lowering springs. I used to be a diesel technician for a couple major construction equipment dealerships. I hate dealerships. However, I suppose if I want the warranty I have to play the games.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I did know that a ASE Tech would be ok. I also wanted to go to the dealership so they could address a TSB about the problem I have been having with my climate control system. I was hoping to knock out two things with one trip. I guess I was just expecting things to be smoother taking it to the dealership...I don't know what I was thinking. I have the car scheduled with them for the HVAC fix next week. I told them to forget the MP215. Guess I will be looking for a good non dealership shop around here.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My dealer had never heard of it, either, but they installed the airbox and shift kit for me. The tech wouldn't flash the car, because it identified my '17 as a '16. I called Randy at mountune, and he told me the tune was the same for all years, so I just flashed it myself. No problems.

Took it for a little spin, and it felt a lot quicker right away. The tune isn't warranty-friendly for '17 or later, but I don't care. They've had zero issues with it.

I don't beat on it. I just like the extra torque and top end power.

https://imgur.com/1jQPlcH

https://imgur.com/GjU3pe3

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
My dealer had never heard of it, either, but they installed the airbox and shift kit for me. The tech wouldn't flash the car, because it identified my '17 as a '16. I called Randy at mountune, and he told me the tune was the same for all years, so I just flashed it myself. No problems.

Took it for a little spin, and it felt a lot quicker right away. The tune isn't warranty-friendly for '17 or later, but I don't care. They've had zero issues with it.

I don't beat on it. I just like the extra torque and top end power.

https://imgur.com/1jQPlcH

https://imgur.com/GjU3pe3
Did you try to register it? Seems to me someone said Ford Performance entered it into the system for their '17. I think Mountune does not do it because of CARB and them being in Cali. Have a feeling the Ford performance folks don't really care. All they do is add them MP-215 to a list of included equipment for coverage.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #9
So, just a quick update. I got an apology from the condescending service writer at the dealership. I was also told that the dealership I was at did not sell or install Ford Performance parts. I was told I would have to go to Capital Ford of Rocky Mount. I did manage to get my HVAC reprogramed, after going back to into the shop and showing them the problem and breaking it down in Barney language. Looks like I will be shopping around for a good shop staffed by ASE techs in my area.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
ASE is so overrated the best technicians I've ever seen have never concern themselves with that certification. The best technician on YouTube South Main Auto Repair does not have his ASE certifications that man could fix anything. He also has the best diagnostic ability I've ever seen. Someone who went to school for 2 years could not get his ASE certification. Someone that works at Jiffy Lube who changed oil can get his ASE certification, because the employer can sign off on work history. You pick oil changer with ASE certifications, vs someone who went to school and learned diagnostic with no ASE certifications, because they don't have the necessary 2 years of work experience, that the employer has to sign off on.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
ASE is so overrated the best technicians I've ever seen have never concern themselves with that certification. The best technician on YouTube South Main Auto Repair does not have his ASE certifications that man could fix anything. He also has the best diagnostic ability I've ever seen. Someone who went to school for 2 years could not get his ASE certification. Someone that works at Jiffy Lube who changed oil can get his ASE certification, because the employer can sign off on work history. You pick oil changer with ASE certifications, vs someone who went to school and learned diagnostic with no ASE certifications, because they don't have the necessary 2 years of work experience, that the employer has to sign off on.

You still have to pass the ASE certification tests to get certified its not just getting stuff signed off.....at least it was when I got mine....but maybe its that way now in the everyone gets a trophy era.....[bootyshake]

OP
Z
Thread Starter #12
I also need a tech with ASE cert...or go to a ford dealer. If I don't do one of those two, no warranty. If I go that route, I may as well do it myself. I was a Diesel Tech for 20 Years and have two degrees in the field. I am sure I could figure out how to install an air box and flash the ECU. The whole point of buying the MP215 kit was the fact that it was warranty friendly. I started car shopping for a cheap economy car with a warranty. I just talked myself into the ST because...well....why not?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You still have to pass the ASE certification tests to get certified its not just getting stuff signed off.....at least it was when I got mine....but maybe its that way now in the everyone gets a trophy era.....[bootyshake]
What I'm trying to say is someone could come out of school take the test, but they can't actually get certified because they don't have the work experience to get signed off on. Everyone's got their own opinion, but the test I took in school were all based off of ASE test so if you can get through school, you could pass all the ASE test.