Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What have you guys been paying for 2018s?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Plus the time spent doing the setup of the camera and wiring. Time is money even if you think it is not. Also the fact that if he plans to keep the car a long time down the road? When he does sell it the fact that it was a 18 and quite possibly the last of the last? Could make it a litle more desirable ans special. Seen this with other car over the years. Last year of the Datusn 510 73, Last year of thr Nissan 240sx Kouki S14 etc...for example.
So $750 is not that much savings in the bigger picture. You would spend at least $250 of it in time effort and money putting in your own backup camera. Ya I don’t know about you but my time is worth ar least 35-55 an hour. So even if I did it fast it will still be almost $200 so you only save $500-$550 hmm year newer car last of the last $500 more even smaller difference.
Absolutely fair to point this out, I even came from a car with a rear camera and only missed it for about a week with such a small car, but I'm sure you could probably have it all installed for $100 and have the dealer flip the switch in ForScan for you for free... When I got mine there was $1000 difference in rebate and very little '18 stock in the whole area, and they gave me the $1250 dealer discount on top of the rebate too... now, 4 months later, I would say yeah, go for an '18 unless they give you a mind-blowing deal on a '17, then why not if you are trying to keep your payment down, all the mechanical improvements were done by '17 anyway, but definitely would be nice to have the final year for cult status and possible resale later!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
We're going too far off-topic here, there is a thread HERE you can check out.. and yeah, it takes some labor to do too, but I'm sure you can probably have it done for $100 if you are willing to get one of those guys off Craigslist, lol, but then you can do the ForScan part yourself or your dealer will do it for you.

I didnt think 2018's were coming to the US, did I miss something?
Last of a dying breed unfortunately. The 2018's are the final Fiesta STs we will get here (until further notice). We are not getting the new generation one with the 3 cylinder, but an extra year of the old 4 cylinder. I just picked mine up a week ago, and love every minute of driving it.

TemecFist

Thanks for the response. I didnt think we were even gonna get the carried over version for 2018.
I just picked up my 2017 in Feb, I thought those were gonna be the last of them.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the response. I didnt think we were even gonna get the carried over version for 2018.
I just picked up my 2017 in Feb, I thought those were gonna be the last of them.
Huh, they have had them around for months, I got my '17 in Feb. as well and chose the '17 over the '18's because of the $1k higher rebate at the time when literally the only difference at all is the legally required rear camera for '18...

I read somewhere that the 2018's we have are unsold 2017's... After thinking about this for a few minutes, it makes sense since it has been discontinued here in the US. My sticker on my door panel says my FiST was made on 1/2/2018 or something just after NYE so even though I bought at "2018" model, I'm almost 99.99% sure its the exact same as the 2017 model. I want to say the only difference in 2017 & 2018's are the burnt orange color....

I didnt think 2018's were coming to the US, did I miss something?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I read somewhere that the 2018's we have are unsold 2017's... After thinking about this for a few minutes, it makes sense since it has been discontinued here in the US. My sticker on my door panel says my FiST was made on 1/2/2018 or something just after NYE so even though I bought at "2018" model, I'm almost 99.99% sure its the exact same as the 2017 model. I want to say the only difference in 2017 & 2018's are the burnt orange color....
2017 had the Orange Spice as well. The only difference like was said earlier the U.S. 2018 has the backup camera added.
Our 2018’s indeed are most likely built from left over 2017 parts,

Truthfully we did not get the real 2018 as it has a new body, newer nicer interior and came with a 3 cylinder putting out more HP and TQ than our old generation 4 cylinders . It also comes with a Quaife dif and launch control.

TemecFist

Does your 2018 have led headlights, taillights, etc? I think the only difference in "our" 2018 is the back up camera (and led's if you have thenm).

No LED lights, yes my 18' has a backup camera. I actually tried to look for a set of LED headlights but they're like $800 or something... I'd rather spend $800 on an AP, FMIC or new set of tires to be honest

Does your 2018 have led headlights, taillights, etc? I think the only difference in "our" 2018 is the back up camera (and led's if you have thenm).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
No, they are freshly made, strange how one person's "theory" starts spreading when the '18's have the appropriate current build dates... I can confirm that literally the only difference AT ALL is the added camera, and while not sure exactly when the ST model will be stopped, the Fiesta will be made until May of '19, as it's made in Mexico... The Focus, which was made in Michigan, production already stopped and they are converting to making more trucks.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
2017 had the Orange Spice as well. The only difference like was said earlier the U.S. 2018 has the backup camera added.
Our 2018’s indeed are most likely built from left over 2017 parts,

Truthfully we did not get the real 2018 as it has a new body, newer nicer interior and came with a 3 cylinder putting out more HP and TQ than our old generation 4 cylinders . It also comes with a Quaife dif and launch control.
European market is a new generation for '18 yes, sadly we are completely different market, but this kind of stuff happens all the time.. but they are still being made in Mexico, whether it's "left over" parts or not, who knows...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
No LED lights, yes my 18' has a backup camera. I actually tried to look for a set of LED headlights but they're like $800 or something... I'd rather spend $800 on an AP, FMIC or new set of tires to be honest
It's $800 to order the Euro headlights that have a projector lens... you can always try cheap aftermarket LED's, but very, very few are narrow enough at the tip and are 4 sided to work in our reflector lenses... THIS is one of the very few that has gotten talk on some hard core enthusiast FiST groups that I am going to try when I have the budget... THESE are another one that look shorter and may work even better, again keep in mind they have to be that narrow tip and 4 sided to work in our crappy reflector housings...

TemecFist

I have HID headlights and foglights, and swapped all the other bulbs out to LED's.
It's a shame we cant get the 3 cylinder version, or the 2 door hatch.

No, they are freshly made, strange how one person's "theory" starts spreading when the '18's have the appropriate current build dates... I can confirm that literally the only difference AT ALL is the added camera, and while not sure exactly when the ST model will be stopped, the Fiesta will be made until May of '19, as it's made in Mexico... The Focus, which was made in Michigan, production already stopped and they are converting to making more trucks.
You are correct. As far as I have read, the FiST and FiST-Line will be coming to the US for the 2019 MY (at least until May '19). That would indicate that they are continuing to produce parts for these cars and not just "using up the leftovers".

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You are correct. As far as I have read, the FiST and FiST-Line will be coming to the US for the 2019 MY (at least until May '19). That would indicate that they are continuing to produce parts for these cars and not just "using up the leftovers".
Yes, that is correct as well, the news came out after I posted that the ST and new ST line will be made through May '19 as final MY '19 cars! :)