Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Completely stock PSI?

Hey every one i have been looking around and see a lot of peoples set ups with after market wheels and tires. I am going to my first autocross event. I will be running the stock POTENZA RE050A. I was wondering what is a good starting point for tire PSI. Also any other tips and tricks would be great i have included a link to a a video of the course i will be running at Myrtle beach. And a soapy pic of Snapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyj58jtBxtA

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-JUK8IACWT2KY.jpg

When I had my stocks, I found 40/40 front/rear worked well for me. Relax, look ahead, use smooth inputs, and try to get a feel how the car rotates when you modulate the throttle around the sweepers. Tighter to the cones with no drama is faster and easier on tires than flooring it and sliding around everywhere. If senior drivers offer ride-alongs, definitely use them. Get a feel of how these events go, socialize, ask a ton of questions, and have fun!

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
When I had my stocks, I found 40/40 front/rear worked well for me. Relax, look ahead, use smooth inputs, and try to get a feel how the car rotates when you modulate the throttle around the sweepers. Tighter to the cones with no drama is faster and easier on tires than flooring it and sliding around everywhere. If senior drivers offer ride-alongs, definitely use them. Get a feel of how these events go, socialize, ask a ton of questions, and have fun!
Awesome. Thats my basic plan for now a buddy of mine is helping me through what to take but he's doing it from the other side of the country haha. Really excited for this thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk