Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New here. Sync 3 black screen

Chad

Just bought the car less than 24 hours ago. Set up WiFi, everything working fine. Scan for downloads, tries to download and stops at about a 25%. Leave that screen, come back to it again and it says nothing is downloading. Still Sync 3 V1. Try again. Same thing. Get annoyed. Go take a shower. Come back with the hopes of trying again. Start car. Sync system is black screen. Won’t turn on. Car runs fine though. Everything else is working just not Sync system. Tried resetting fuses for it. Tried negative terminal disconnect. Nothing. Just a black screen no matter what I do. Haven’t even had it 24 hours and I’m already not happy.

Why did you not have the dealer do the first update for you? That is what I did. Other than that, get back to the dealer, make them fix this ASAP.

OP
C

Chad

Thread Starter #4
Probably should’ve mentioned I bought it from a friend. Still under factory warranty I found out though. They’ll fix it all for free.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Also, make sure you sign up on owner.ford.com and you should be able to download updates and install over USB in the future once you get fixed...