Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vendor Premier Vendor 124 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    @nickstewartroc the issue was present on both intakes, it is just less audible/noticeable on the oe airbox.

This issue has been on the top of my priority list and has been the reason I haven’t moved on to actuator testing, which I know @felopr has been waiting so patiently for. Lol. I want to keep the test car hardware all oe, to determine the real root of the issue, before moving on to actuator (and other) testing. But I will say the following:

The issue is within the ecu logic and is present on all Fiesta maps I have tested (OTS and custom).

I have determined why the surge exists and have eliminated it on a test map, with the results being smooth throttle operation (where it would normally surge). This was a TEST map and not something I would release to customers.

The issue is NOT related to the oem actuator

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jason@dizzytuning View Post
    @nickstewartroc the issue was present on both intakes, it is just less audible/noticeable on the oe airbox.

This issue has been on the top of my priority list and has been the reason I haven’t moved on to actuator testing, which I know @felopr has been waiting so patiently for. Lol. I want to keep the test car hardware all oe, to determine the real root of the issue, before moving on to actuator (and other) testing. But I will say the following:

The issue is within the ecu logic and is present on all Fiesta maps I have tested (OTS and custom).

I have determined why the surge exists and have eliminated it on a test map, with the results being smooth throttle operation (where it would normally surge). This was a TEST map and not something I would release to customers.

I just want to know much of a performance gain and smoothness a actuator would make on 93 and e30 on stock turbo before I make the decision if I bite the bullet or not before giving your custom tune a try, since you don't have a "lifetime" program that I can just experiment with parts with.

I haven't really experience or I haven't notice it most likely this "surge"
    when you say surge, can you ELI5 it to me?
    is it in any part of the rpm range or a specific rpm range?
    is it at very small open throttle? middle or it? or at wot?
    what is it I am looking / feeling at?

If you have find the "fix" for this surge, what is stopping you from releasing it? more seat time / validation time or something that makes the calibration "unsafe"?

As always, keep up the good work, liking it so far
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST, Recaros, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort (custom tune), NGK LTR7IX-11 (1 step colder), Resonator Delete, Turbosmart EM Plumb-back, Ramair blue intake silicone hose
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Performance Blue, Ramair crossover pipe gold taped, Whoosh hotside J charge pipe, Whoosh Blue Silicone charge hoses , Whoosh symposer delete
    PowerFlex RMM inserts, Poweflex Motor and Transmision bushing inserts, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, ST200 Airbox with Ramair filter
    Hawk 5.0 brake pads, Mishimoto radiator hoses, LaminX headlight protectors, OEM all weather mats inc/ trunk, Maxon Design front lip v2, CPE FMIC
    Boomba short throw tranny kit, Boomba tranny solid bushings, Rota titans Gold 17x7.5 , Mountune Radiator, TB Performance stage 3 braces

Member 88 Rep Points nickstewartroc's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jason@dizzytuning View Post

Glad to know it's on your radar
    Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, testing or otherwise

New Member 12 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I have 0 surge with my setup.

Vendor Premier Vendor 124 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    A new thread has been started dedicated to the part-throttle surge:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/t...129#post305129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12