Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune Review From one tuner to another.

Trader history for KickerST (0)

Greetings everyone. First off i would like to thank Jason from Dizzy Tuning for the excellent service and quality tune. I have a '16 Fiesta ST and the only mod is the the Cobb CAI. Ill do more in the future but i live in California and getting parts is a pain in the ass now. I hate this state. I had to ship my programmer to Idaho then have it shipped to me because of the new smog laws.

From one tuner to an other. Iv used to tune Mustangs and LS Base engines using SCT, EFI Live, HP Tuners as well as the Holley EFI systems and Carburetors. I had my own dyno shop till i sold it and moved to the coast. I'm well aware of how how to read a datalog and what a car should do Post tune. The reason i bring this up is because the average person would not know what to look for in a tune and is very susceptible to the Placebo affect and not every one had access to a dyno to actually know if there were changes. The "seat of the pants" dyno can be very deceiving. Around here we can a premade tune a "Can" tune because most of them came from the Trash Can. Iv never been a fan of them and they are pretty generic. Companies like Bama make these kinds of tunes. Ofcourse SCT and Cobb have their own pre-installed tunes which are designed to be Generic and safe.

Noticeable Changes Right off the bat i notices a change in the way the car ran. The "tip in" throttle response is Greatly improved. There was a massive decrease in the bog between shifts which is gone which lends a nice byproduct of increased fuel economy. I also noticed the increase in the timing at cruse which is good for fuel economy. I do the same drive every day to and from work. On average i would get 29.3 to 30.4 MPG which isnt horrible but not great either. Post tune so far 34.1. I will be doing a long trip this weekend and will edit this for that MPG when that time comes. My freeway trips would normally be about 33MPG so ill let you guys know. Now for the part that most people are concerned with. The Power. There was a seat of the pants noticeable difference. Now keep in mind the highest octane we can get other than e85 is 91 so we have some limitations to deal with in that area. I am Very impressed with the torque increase and more boost always helps that but the part that impressed me most is the way the timing was structured in that segment. It was very smooth and required no spark retard. This tells me that the Fuel and Timing are set just right. Too little fuel and it will detonate same with too much timing. Not enough timing and you will loose torque and power. The combo is spot on. I wont go into details of the changes he made because that is proprietary but what i can is Jason has talent.

Over all. I am very very happy with the work he did. I am very impressed with the performance gains with so few mods. Anyone that goes anywhere else for their Fiesta ST tune is a fool and better make up for it in pure driving skill. In my opinion Jason doesn't charge enough for what he delivers. When i do more to my car Dizzy will have my loyal business. Thank you for reading this and i hope that anyone who takes my advice has the same great experience did. I have no doubt you will.

felopr

He has done a good job the flash tune and the guy is very reachable if you message him on email or facebook. Wish people knew more of him.

Jason is great! Really need to take some time to datalog and see about getting this surging issue resolved
Anyone had any idea of this? my bet is on aggressive throttle mapping

redmoe

Jason is great! Really need to take some time to datalog and see about getting this surging issue resolved
Are you referring to partial throttle surging? If so I was having the same issue. Was thinking it could be a throttle sensitivity that causes a small pedal twitch to start a mild oscillation.

Are you referring to partial throttle surging? If so I was having the same issue. Was thinking it could be a throttle sensitivity that causes a small pedal twitch to start a mild oscillation.
Exactly this, I had it just slightly with a drop in filter, and it became real apparent with my 2J cowl intake.

redmoe

I just thought is was me LOL. Please let us know if you find the root of this one.

[MENTION=4176]nickstewartroc[/MENTION] the issue was present on both intakes, it is just less audible/noticeable on the oe airbox.

This issue has been on the top of my priority list and has been the reason I haven’t moved on to actuator testing, which I know [MENTION=1806]felopr[/MENTION] has been waiting so patiently for. Lol. I want to keep the test car hardware all oe, to determine the real root of the issue, before moving on to actuator (and other) testing. But I will say the following:

The issue is within the ecu logic and is present on all Fiesta maps I have tested (OTS and custom).

I have determined why the surge exists and have eliminated it on a test map, with the results being smooth throttle operation (where it would normally surge). This was a TEST map and not something I would release to customers.

The issue is NOT related to the oem actuator

felopr

[MENTION=4176]nickstewartroc[/MENTION] the issue was present on both intakes, it is just less audible/noticeable on the oe airbox.

This issue has been on the top of my priority list and has been the reason I haven’t moved on to actuator testing, which I know [MENTION=1806]felopr[/MENTION] has been waiting so patiently for. Lol. I want to keep the test car hardware all oe, to determine the real root of the issue, before moving on to actuator (and other) testing. But I will say the following:

The issue is within the ecu logic and is present on all Fiesta maps I have tested (OTS and custom).

I have determined why the surge exists and have eliminated it on a test map, with the results being smooth throttle operation (where it would normally surge). This was a TEST map and not something I would release to customers.

I just want to know much of a performance gain and smoothness a actuator would make on 93 and e30 on stock turbo before I make the decision if I bite the bullet or not before giving your custom tune a try, since you don't have a "lifetime" program that I can just experiment with parts with.

I haven't really experience or I haven't notice it most likely this "surge"
when you say surge, can you ELI5 it to me?
is it in any part of the rpm range or a specific rpm range?
is it at very small open throttle? middle or it? or at wot?
what is it I am looking / feeling at?

If you have find the "fix" for this surge, what is stopping you from releasing it? more seat time / validation time or something that makes the calibration "unsafe"?

As always, keep up the good work, liking it so far

Glad to know it's on your radar [driving]
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, testing or otherwise [loveboost]