Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing BOV Adapter Warning

I installed a Boomba Racing BOV adapter yesterday and I had an issue I want to identify for others. First, I want to disclose that I bought the part from another member here, not brand new. It looked new like it had never been installed, but I don't know. I also don't know when the part was made. With that said, the issue I had is that that the bolts that came with the adapter were too long. Not by a lot, but when I had it tightened down, I got just a tiny amount of movement in the dv/adapter assembly when I reached in and felt it. The new bolts were grounding out in the housing before all was totally tight. The fix was to grind off a couple of threads from each bolt to shorten them just a bit, and all was fine. I suppose another fix would have been to add a couple of small washers under each bolt head, between the bolt head and the DV. The bolt modification took about 10 seconds each with my grinder, though it meant uninstalling and reinstalling each bolt after shortening it--not the most fun in the world given the limited space to work. I must say that it is wayyy easier after doing it once. Oh--and the noise is cool. The adapter really is just a noisemaker, but it is fun. Thanks to Boomba Racing for a beautifully made part. I do recommend that you reach in and make sure everything is totally tight after your installation.

I installed a Boomba Racing BOV adapter yesterday and I had an issue I want to identify for others. First, I want to disclose that I bought the part from another member here, not brand new. It looked new like it had never been installed, but I don't know. I also don't know when the part was made. With that said, the issue I had is that that the bolts that came with the adapter were too long. Not by a lot, but when I had it tightened down, I got just a tiny amount of movement in the dv/adapter assembly when I reached in and felt it. The new bolts were grounding out in the housing before all was totally tight. The fix was to grind off a couple of threads from each bolt to shorten them just a bit, and all was fine. I suppose another fix would have been to add a couple of small washers under each bolt head, between the bolt head and the DV. The bolt modification took about 10 seconds each with my grinder, though it meant uninstalling and reinstalling each bolt after shortening it--not the most fun in the world given the limited space to work. I must say that it is wayyy easier after doing it once. Oh--and the noise is cool. The adapter really is just a noisemaker, but it is fun. Thanks to Boomba Racing for a beautifully made part. I do recommend that you reach in and make sure everything is totally tight after your installation.
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] It’s a little bit rare, because I’ve installed the BOV adapter with bolts provided by boomba racing and fits good, the noise it’s amazing, not like others BOV adapters, unfortunately this makes to miss some PSI, but in the other hand you gain a good sound.

Regards!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OP
apex1
Thread Starter #3
, unfortunately this makes to miss some PSI
I’m not sure that this adapter causes any loss in boost pressure. I don’t see how it can. It does not change anything about how the engine functions—all it does is vent the pressure to atmosphere rather than internally.

I just installed the boomba 50/50 bov adapter and had the same issue with bolts being too long. I'm going to try what you did and grind down the last few threads.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just installed the boomba 50/50 bov adapter and had the same issue with bolts being too long. I'm going to try what you did and grind down the last few threads.
Or just go to the hardware store and get shorter bolts.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I have a better idea, lets all come together and rid the community of BOV adapters period. They sound like utter garbage and serve no function.