Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shops in PNW to do Fiesta aftermarket turbo install?

I am considering an aftermarket turbo kit, but am not really interested in installing it myself.

I know there are some competent shops generally speaking in the Northwest like PIA in Tacoma and Surgeline in Portland (I come from a Subaru background) but I have yet to hear of any shops locally that have experience on Fiesta turbo upgrades specifically.

Any suggestions?

XanRules

I am considering an aftermarket turbo kit, but am not really interested in installing it myself.

I know there are some competent shops generally speaking in the Northwest like PIA in Tacoma and Surgeline in Portland (I come from a Subaru background) but I have yet to hear of any shops locally that have experience on Fiesta turbo upgrades specifically.

Any suggestions?
y helo thar

:wavingkitty:

Also Surgeline does work on Fiestas too but there aren't any, like, Ford-specific or Ford-specializin' shops that I'm aware of.

OP
wraith
Thread Starter #3
y helo thar

:wavingkitty:

Also Surgeline does work on Fiestas too but there aren't any, like, Ford-specific or Ford-specializin' shops that I'm aware of.
Yeah that's what I thought, I guess I'll give Surgeline a call and see how much they are charging.

PRE is a good shop. I don't know if they've specifically done a Fiesta ST turbo swap, but I've seen some Focus ST's in there and on the dyno getting tuned by Erich.

meFiSTo

Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue installed my MRX setup. It's a Porsche shop, but they did all the work on my old SVT Focus (still do with current owner) and all the work on my Fiesta. They'll also work on my Focus, although that will not be getting the surgery that the little cars got.

https://cantrellmotorsport.com/

Oh, there is also a good tech at Bickford Ford in Snohomish that could do the job. His name is Buff, I think.

http://bickfordford.net/

He installed the Quaife on my Fiesta and did some other stuff. Cantrell would not do the Quaife.

Cantrell Motorsports in Bellevue installed my MRX setup. It's a Porsche shop, but they did all the work on my old SVT Focus (still do with current owner) and all the work on my Fiesta. They'll also work on my Focus, although that will not be getting the surgery that the little cars got.

https://cantrellmotorsport.com/
Price???

Not cheap. When you pick your shop, whatever shop, don't go on price. I'm not saying you have to go to the most expensive or anyone in particular, but don't go cheap.
Sure...but there is a point you would be overpaying.

Since it is a Porsche shop, I will assume it was on the high end for a turbo swap.

OP
wraith
Thread Starter #10
Thanks all for the recommendations, Surgeline quoted me about $500 if I supply the turbo kit. I think I may call a few of these shops and see how it compares.

Oh, there is also a good tech at Bickford Ford in Snohomish that could do the job. His name is Buff, I think.

He installed the Quaife on my Fiesta and did some other stuff. Cantrell would not do the Quaife.
I think I talked to you about Buff in an LSD thread, you weren't sure if he did side jobs. It seems like a weird one for Bickford to agree to on the books?

Thanks all for the recommendations, Surgeline quoted me about $500 if I supply the turbo kit. I think I may call a few of these shops and see how it compares.

I think I talked to you about Buff in an LSD thread, you weren't sure if he did side jobs. It seems like a weird one for Bickford to agree to on the books?
Keep us posted to what you find. I might be interested in this in the future.

meFiSTo

My Focus is at Cantrell getting some track prep done. Regarding Bickford, well, I suspect they would do an install like an MRX, understanding that it probably voids the engine warranty, similar to what a Quaife does to the transmission warranty. They'd warranty their work (for a year), but that's it and the warranty on the engine is gone. But that would be the case just about no matter who installs it.

The service advisor I spoke with (who helped me before) said they are so busy they are not taking any new clients when I was looking for some options for the RS head gasket recall fix. They could not take my RS at the time, but would still take my Fiesta because they'd seen it before.n Bill Pierre Ford (dealer where I got the RS) did the recall work and all appears good.