Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Useless cubby hole

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dumbest engineering ever! Worthless!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Na man....My BAE has a Mazda cx-3 with the dumbest center console ever....its armrest goes over the cupholders so your constantly flipping it up and down to get at beverages or Roadies that are traveling with to get drunk.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I told my appt ice that was the oh sh*t handle location, as a result of side curtain airbags. It got the most puzzled 90 second stare.

DangerMouse

I would like a nice filler trim piece for the hole above the glove box. Brushed aluminum or carbon fiber. Could even have a cutout logo and let the ambient light shine through.

I'm working on a design for a 3D printed part that will fit in that cubby hole.

It'll be a pull-out drawer that fits snug inside and flush, with the ST logo on the front. I'm also thinking of making a coin-holder insert/ variation to the design.

I'll post back here later once the design is being finalized let you guys know incase anyone is interested. I'm also interested to hear other ideas for how to utilize that space.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am not sure that a coin holder is necessary.
In my area, there no pay phones any longer.
All parking meters take ATM cards.
Toll roads take more change than you can carry or only take on-line passes.
And hookers charge more than a quarter nowadays.

Dave

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I need it to hold my quarter for Aldi's. I also like to have enough quarters to use a air pump, or vacuum if necessary. As soon as he makes one I'm buying it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
ccxr14
Thread Starter #34

It'll be a pull-out drawer that fits snug inside and flush, with the ST logo on the front. I'm also thinking of making a coin-holder insert/ variation to the design.

I'll post back here later once the design is being finalized let you guys know incase anyone is interested. I'm also interested to hear other ideas for how to utilize that space.
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly just a simple lid on a hinge so I can put change, gum, lighter, etc. in so it stays secure would be fine with me.

Let's just make it bigger?
Something like this would be fine for me too as long as it can be closed.

I am not sure that a coin holder is necessary.
In my area, there no pay phones any longer.
All parking meters take ATM cards.
Toll roads take more change than you can carry or only take on-line passes.
And hookers charge more than a quarter nowadays.

Dave
Lol! And yet cars still come with cigarette lighter sockets..! True, but there are still some uses for coins depending on lifestyle. I try to still use cash for smaller transactions myself. (Not a fan of the parasitic drain of credit card transaction fees.)

Let's just make it bigger?
Very interesting solution [MENTION=4006]WhiteST[/MENTION] , did you CNC that? Any plans to use Shapeways like you did for that sweet shifter bezel you designed?

Honestly just a simple lid on a hinge so I can put change, gum, lighter, etc. in so it stays secure would be fine with me.

Something like this would be fine for me too as long as it can be closed.
Yeah good ideas. I'm thinking how to incorporate a door that'll hinge.

Very interesting solution [MENTION=4006 said:
WhiteST[/MENTION] , did you CNC that? Any plans to use Shapeways like you did for that sweet shifter bezel you designed?
That is just a 3D print from my resin printer. You can see I ran out of green and added black haha. Just a prototype, I have no plans producing anything in the near future.
It would be great to 3D scan this area, the cubby has so many organic curves and draft angles. Good luck on your design!

-Dan