Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattling, Clunking, and/or Clicking noise at low speed

I'm constantly hearing a noise from the front passenger-side when driving at low speeds. What does it sound like?...two half-inch-diameter steel rods lightly clanking together. It's very noticeable when the windows are down. When the windows are up, it sounds more like a dampened rattle. Has anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on what it could be? Cheers

Check your passenger side motor mount, they tend to squeak after a while.

Pop your hood, grab the engine near the passenger side mount and rock the engine back and forth (front to back). If you hear a squeaking sound, replace the mount or install a powerflex insert.

Hope this could be of some help!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm constantly hearing a noise from the front passenger-side when driving at low speeds. What does it sound like?...two half-inch-diameter steel rods lightly clanking together. It's very noticeable when the windows are down. When the windows are up, it sounds more like a dampened rattle. Has anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on what it could be? Cheers
Check your CV Axles... I know some have failed early. look for grease from the cv axle at either end as it sprays everywhere. Just food for thought.....[driving]

Do you have an aftermarket radiator? I had an issue at low speeds where the condencer pipe was tapping against my Mishi radiator. I just put some foam tape between the two (on the side tank, not the fins) and its been smooth sailing since.

OP
Mchris2725
Thread Starter #5
Just an update:
The noise was a tpms sensor rattling around inside the tire. It was broken apart in a few pieces. Maybe I hit a pot hole where the sensor was located.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just an update:
The noise was a tpms sensor rattling around inside the tire. It was broken apart in a few pieces. Maybe I hit a pot hole where the sensor was located.
Cray cray!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: