Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport purchased by me and weighed

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #21
I love this setup. When I bought these wheels nearly two years ago obviously the dekagrams were not available. Had they been I may have went that route. I think either setup is great and the weight is similar on the wheels but the same tires in 205/45 are slightly lighter based on what I've seen so assuming the same tires in that size the overall weight would be a little less with the dekas. I think you'd be happy with either set honestly and looks wise I think it's pretty close as well. The TD in 8 inch width do have a very concave look...pics don't do them justice they look awesome in person. I love mine. With just these lighter wheels and tires and the swift springs on stock dampers it's a pretty big improvement over stock imo but keep in mind my car had the optional michelin all seasons stock. Not sure how it would compare to the bridgestones but it was mentioned above handling wise it is pretty close. I think it's a win win win going with these wheels. Better ride, better looks, improved all around performance to boot not to mention cheaper tires. I think it looks tough when lowered. Don't be scared away by the 205/50 being slightly shorter than stock the speedo is pretty spot on with mine...according to my gps app I have it's barely 1 mph off if even that at 75 mph so it's a wash imo. It's less than half inch difference in overall height vs the stock setup so it isn't really a big deal. Good luck in your decision and like I said either setup would be a great all around setup it just depends on what you what and which wheel you think looks better. Either should improve ride over stock with taller sidewalls and either will improve performance and looks so you can't go wrong!

I like them a lot, but I will admit I definitely don't consider myself expert enough to review the differences on tires and wheels. I bought them based on recommendations on here that the lower the weight the better. I think the 16x8 dekagrams are pretty close to the same weight, so now I kind of wish I had a set of each, one for my winter setup and one for summer just so I could kind of try to tell the difference. I will say I like to think that the overall ride was pretty stiff stock but I didn't mind it, because I wanted a rawer experience anyway. But when I put on the smaller wheels and bigger sidewall it definitely toned it down. Then when I added the springs and shocks I felt like I was back to the stiffer ride but with the unsprung weight savings so I was happy about that. [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] took my car for a test drive to see how my setup was different than stock before it was tuned and he seemed to be pretty impressed with the turn-in and overall handling, he was surprised that it wasn't tuned yet. I like the look of the 15's also, I think it gives it that road legal go-kart look. I did have to add mudflaps because the 15x8 1.2s stick out about an inch further and I was worried about debris. Another thing is I think the 15x8's are more concave than the other sizes. I also got the four Conti's on sale for about $260, I don't know how much the 16" version would cost.

Note: I got the springs and shocks used, I don't think anyone is getting Bilstein B8's anytime soon from what I hear.

Thanks for your feedback! That's awesome. Yeah this is the route I definitely want to go. Are you running sway bars as well?

Looks awesome with that wheel/tire combo. I have the same set in 15x7 and was considering the Conti DW for summer use next year and had a few questions about specifically on the FiST. How is the traction in 1st and 2nd gear for stock power levels? About what temperature are they able to use all the torque without spinning the wheels? How is the ride noise compared to the OE Michelin's? How is wet traction in weather above 50 degrees, does it feel stable driving spirited around bends even if the road is a little wet? Would you recommend these over the BFG SC2s on the fiesta? Really appreciate if you could answer these as I am torn between the Continentals, BFGs and a couple others in the same class.

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #25
Looks awesome with that wheel/tire combo. I have the same set in 15x7 and was considering the Conti DW for summer use next year and had a few questions about specifically on the FiST. How is the traction in 1st and 2nd gear for stock power levels? About what temperature are they able to use all the torque without spinning the wheels? How is the ride noise compared to the OE Michelin's? How is wet traction in weather above 50 degrees, does it feel stable driving spirited around bends even if the road is a little wet? Would you recommend these over the BFG SC2s on the fiesta? Really appreciate if you could answer these as I am torn between the Continentals, BFGs and a couple others in the same class.
the bfg and conti are both decent tires for the price and decent life but imo the conti extreme contact sport is the better tire all around hands down. They are much lighter also and seem to ride better and do everything else better vs my bfg i had. This is despite having a ever so slighter smaller sidewall (23.1 overall height vs 23.4 overall). Don't worry about he height my speedo is barely 1 mph off at 75 mph it's basically a wash. These tires are close in price I'd go with the conti every time imo. Good luck!

I love this setup. When I bought these wheels nearly two years ago obviously the dekagrams were not available. Had they been I may have went that route. I think either setup is great and the weight is similar on the wheels but the same tires in 205/45 are slightly lighter based on what I've seen so assuming the same tires in that size the overall weight would be a little less with the dekas. I think you'd be happy with either set honestly and looks wise I think it's pretty close as well. The TD in 8 inch width do have a very concave look...pics don't do them justice they look awesome in person. I love mine. With just these lighter wheels and tires and the swift springs on stock dampers it's a pretty big improvement over stock imo but keep in mind my car had the optional michelin all seasons stock. Not sure how it would compare to the bridgestones but it was mentioned above handling wise it is pretty close. I think it's a win win win going with these wheels. Better ride, better looks, improved all around performance to boot not to mention cheaper tires. I think it looks tough when lowered. Don't be scared away by the 205/50 being slightly shorter than stock the speedo is pretty spot on with mine...according to my gps app I have it's barely 1 mph off if even that at 75 mph so it's a wash imo. It's less than half inch difference in overall height vs the stock setup so it isn't really a big deal. Good luck in your decision and like I said either setup would be a great all around setup it just depends on what you what and which wheel you think looks better. Either should improve ride over stock with taller sidewalls and either will improve performance and looks so you can't go wrong!
I just bought a set of Conti ECS - What's the feedback so far on how they behave in the dry and how have they been in the cold?

I just bought a set of Conti ECS - What's the feedback so far on how they behave in the dry and how have they been in the cold?
I bought a used set of TD Pros 16x7 with same tire 205/45/16. I has stock Michelin AS 3s on the car. Difference between two in my experience.... The Conti are a little louder at highway speed, turn in is slightly better, wet traction about equal which is good in my book, have no experience in cold temps yet.

Attachments

I bought a used set of TD Pros 16x7 with same tire 205/45/16. I has stock Michelin AS 3s on the car. Difference between two in my experience.... The Conti are a little louder at highway speed, turn in is slightly better, wet traction about equal which is good in my book, have no experience in cold temps yet.
Same as me! I had AS 3+ on my stocks. Maybe it’s because of the lesser sidewall but I feel like the Michelin actually had better sidewall rigidity but that could be me. I’m sure in terms of dry traction the continental will be better but they feel a little numb to me. My TD‘s had Hankook RS-4 so I thin I just need to adjust. We’re getting into the rainy season anyway Here in Northern California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts