Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lightweight Wheel search...completed.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Not answering your question but just a comment...….if you're wanting ultimate performance then yes there are lighter wheels, but if you want a nice compromise I suggest get the wheel you like as long as it's not super heavy. My Grids are 3 lbs lighter than the stock wheels (each) so it's a nice mix of performance gain and good looks.

Like you, I looked at a bunch of wheels but I just couldn't stop coming back to the Grids!
Thanks.
I see you went for the grids over hypergrams. I love your set up and think the grids look better in a 17". I wish I could go that route, but nyc streets would probably kill em. I bubbled a sidewall on a oe potenza on a pothole and decided I need to size down.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #22
Sorry to revive a slightly dated post, I was curious:
What size are those Bridgestones? What offset are the grids? Any negatives vs the stock set up compared to the 16x7 grids?

I know there are better wheels out there now (dekagrams), but I am drawn to the grids like a moth to a flame.

Love the way they look on your FiST, btw!
Hey, Thanks for the compliment, The wheels have grown on me even more and since I tinted my taillights and headlights, it helps give the car a more subtle, "smokey" look... [:)]

To answer your question, I don't not feel there were any real tradeoffs, other than faster tire wear with the Bridgstones, which of course is expected with an autocross level tire. Tires are 205/50/16's by the way...wheels are 16/7 +40 offset.

If anything they are a little more compliant in their ride quality, likely due to the slightly taller sidewall... I did not really notice until I put the stock tires back on for the off-season, then the stock tires felt a little more jarring over bumps and cracks.

Hope that answers your questions. [cheers]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Hey, Thanks for the compliment, The wheels have grown on me even more and since I tinted my taillights and headlights, it helps give the car a more subtle, "smokey" look... [:)]

To answer your question, I don't not feel there were any real tradeoffs, other than faster tire wear with the Bridgstones, which of course is expected with an autocross level tire. Tires are 205/50/16's by the way...wheels are 16/7 +40 offset.

If anything they are a little more compliant in their ride quality, likely due to the slightly taller sidewall... I did not really notice until I put the stock tires back on for the off-season, then the stock tires felt a little more jarring over bumps and cracks.

Hope that answers your questions. [cheers]
Thanks for your input.