Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group Buy #2: Euro Headlight DRL Wiring Harness Kit

Trader history for VirtualRonin (1)

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #83
Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of a career change and will no longer have the same access to be able to build these kits as efficiently as I've been able to in the past (e.g., shop space, electrical tools, etc.). Unfortunately, this means I will not be building any more kits for a Group Buy. I will continue to provide technical support for the kits that have been sold here and for anyone who wishes to build their own.

I did a write up on how to build a kit awhile back here for those that wish to do so;
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/16161-Euro-Headlight-DRL-Wiring-Enabling-High-and-Low-Output.

- VirtualRonin

Damn, sad to hear. I was really looking forward to one of your kits since they seem really high quality. Good luck on the near career move though!

I just built my kit with the parts VirtualRonin supplied. Not difficult if you have electrical skills.

Just looked at the write up & might be making my own real soon. Thank you for ALL you've done & best of luck at your NEW CAREER!

I think you need to buy the parts in qtys, correct? If yes, we could split the cost...

And thanks [MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] for the reply. Best of luck with new things.

Just looked at the write up & might be making my own real soon. Thank you for ALL you've done & best of luck at your NEW CAREER!

That would work for me. Just lmk.
Great. Can you purchase all the parts yourself and then sell the excess to me and other users such as [MENTION=10297]CrzRsn[/MENTION]? I'm sure others who want to make their own harnesses would buy the excess parts from you as well.

Last edited:
The main relay harness is the same for all.

The jumper is wired to work with certain brands due to the wiring pinout but I'm pretty sure anyone could reconfigure the wires to work with a different brand.

The instructions for the 2nd Group Buy were updated to account for some changes in the 2016 and newer models.

You should be able to sell your kit to another member with a newer model but they may have to change some wiring in the jumper (depending on the brand of headlight) using a large paper clip as a tool for depinning the terminals from the connector to move them around. They would also need to purchase a Micro2 fuse tap.

I can email the wiring schematic to whoever would need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Virtual Ronin

Could you please send the schematic for doing the harness, I just got my UK EURO Lights and want to have a brighter led with my Morimoto 2Stroke and Xenon Depot HID, so far what I did was switch the 3 pin position to the 8th position.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #95
Great. Can you purchase all the parts yourself and then sell the excess to me and other users such as [MENTION=10297]CrzRsn[/MENTION]? I'm sure others who want to make their own harnesses would buy the excess parts from you as well.
I guess i can do that. I will see what I can do & let you know @ BodegaBay.
Sorry, was away on a trip and forgot to check this thread. Yeah, I’m in for splitting components.

Awesome!

I know this is an old thread but can these be purchased anymore? I'm just barely hopping on the euro headlight train after a lil fender bender forced my hand

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #100
@VirtualRonin You have any desire to make these again?
No, not at this time. Some have figured out how to get the DRLs to switch between hi/low output with a much simpler wiring method. I haven't tried it myself but there's some info on it if you search for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk