Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group Buy #2: Euro Headlight DRL Wiring Harness Kit

Trader history for VirtualRonin (1)

Where would one buy the depo headlights? I can only find TYC.
They are popping up on ebay here and there. The seller xinoit use to have multiple listings but they have all ended. I sent them a message and I will update this post if I get a response about stocking them again.

Here is a current listing on ebay from another seller.

They are popping up on ebay here and there. The seller xinoit use to have multiple listings but they have all ended. I sent them a message and I will update this post if I get a response about stocking them again.

Here is a current listing on ebay from another seller.
xinoit confirmed they will be getting new stock in 20 days.

Can you put me down as well? Also, I just did the pin switch on my light harness so the LED strip is on all the time, I would need to reverse that back to the oem location for this, correct?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #65
Can you put me down as well? Also, I just did the pin switch on my light harness so the LED strip is on all the time, I would need to reverse that back to the oem location for this, correct?
Correct, it would need to be returned to stock configuration prior to installing the DRL harness.

The next group buy is still TBD at the moment so keep an eye out for it possibly later in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, upon further inspection, it appears that the LED strip isn't lighting up, I think the headlight is just causing the plastic to look lit up which makes sense. If I leave the wire for parking lights in the default location with these depo lights, would it then work on low output mode when parking mode is on and when the headlights are on?

EDIT: So i figured out the issue I was having. Looks like the OEM pinout for the lights is different than the lights I have. I moved the parking light pin from pin 6 to pin 9 on both and now its in high output mode!

Seems fine for now, I would still like to purchase a harness kit at some point whenever the next group buy is.

Last edited:
OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #67
Actually, upon further inspection, it appears that the LED strip isn't lighting up, I think the headlight is just causing the plastic to look lit up which makes sense. If I leave the wire for parking lights in the default location with these depo lights, would it then work on low output mode when parking mode is on and when the headlights are on?

EDIT: So i figured out the issue I was having. Looks like the OEM pinout for the lights is different than the lights I have. I moved the parking light pin from pin 6 to pin 9 on both and now its in high output mode!

Seems fine for now, I would still like to purchase a harness kit at some point whenever the next group buy is.
It sounds like your Euro headlight pinout may be similar to the Ford OEM Euro headlight. On the Ford OEM Euro, pin 1 is DRL - High and pin 9 is DRL - Low.

On the DEPO (LHD) Euro headlight, pin 6 is DRL - Low and pin 9 is DRL - High.

Since you had no output with the Parking wire in pin 6 I'm thinking you have the Ford OEM type of wiring pinout. Try moving your Parking wire to pin 1 to verify the light DRL wiring.

It sounds like your Euro headlight pinout may be similar to the Ford OEM Euro headlight. On the Ford OEM Euro, pin 1 is DRL - High and pin 9 is DRL - Low.

On the DEPO (LHD) Euro headlight, pin 6 is DRL - Low and pin 9 is DRL - High.

Since you had no output with the Parking wire in pin 6 I'm thinking you have the Ford OEM type of wiring pinout. Try moving your Parking wire to pin 1 to verify the light DRL wiring.

I edited the post. i get high output on pin 9, and I had moved my parking pin from 6 to 1 like the writeup over here and it wasnt lighting up, so I think I have the standard depo lighting. That said, I am good for now, i may take my hand at fabricating this harness thingy. im not super saavy with electronics, but I was able to solder up an ECU before and wiring harness for my injectors, so Im hoping this is just as simple if I do go down that road.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #71
Is there a round 3 planned or anyone who didnt end up using the harness?
I was considering setting up a 3rd group buy this month but I haven't had the extra time to commit to building more kits.

I'll update this thread when I can carve out some time to do another group buy.

Most definitely interested once you do commit to building more kits. I was referred to you by PERFRBLUE15. Thanks again for what you do....[twothumb]

Interested. New to forum. Should receive euro OEMs from the UK by the end of this week. Thanks for your efforts!

I was considering setting up a 3rd group buy this month but I haven't had the extra time to commit to building more kits.

I'll update this thread when I can carve out some time to do another group buy.
Please count me in as the third in line. I'm dying to switch out the reflector halogens. Thank you.

I could build this myself. Just priced out your list at Waytek- $83.87. Definitely put me on the list, unless you are willing to send the items unassembled, as I don't need 50 pins, two relays, three covers, etc. Thanks again for your efforts on this site.

Im about to sell my harness to someone with a 2017 and I have a 2015 DEPO harness.

Are the harnesses different or are the instructions just different? Will my 2015 harness work on his 2017 fiesta ST?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #77
Im about to sell my harness to someone with a 2017 and I have a 2015 DEPO harness.

Are the harnesses different or are the instructions just different? Will my 2015 harness work on his 2017 fiesta ST?
The main relay harness is the same for all.

The jumper is wired to work with certain brands due to the wiring pinout but I'm pretty sure anyone could reconfigure the wires to work with a different brand.

The instructions for the 2nd Group Buy were updated to account for some changes in the 2016 and newer models.

You should be able to sell your kit to another member with a newer model but they may have to change some wiring in the jumper (depending on the brand of headlight) using a large paper clip as a tool for depinning the terminals from the connector to move them around. They would also need to purchase a Micro2 fuse tap.

I can email the wiring schematic to whoever would need one.

The jumper is wired to work with certain brands due to the wiring pinout but I'm pretty sure anyone could reconfigure the wires to work with a different brand.

The instructions for the 2nd Group Buy were updated to account for some changes in the 2016 and newer models.

You should be able to sell your kit to another member with a newer model but they may have to change some wiring in the jumper (depending on the brand of headlight) using a large paper clip as a tool for depinning the terminals from the connector to move them around. They would also need to purchase a Micro2 fuse tap.

I sold my DRL harness and Euro lights to someone today. He will be reaching out to you.

VirtualRonin,

Can you please send me the schematic- I have a 2017, and will be using the OEM euro lights.

As I stated earlier, if you would sell me the parts to build one unit, minus wiring, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m just wondering what some of the parts on your list are for- the Delphi plug seal (currently on backorder) and the Delphi cable seal. Around $14 for those two items alone, not to mention having to buy 100 of each. I just need the essential items- relay, Molex connectors, pin terminals, etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #80
VirtualRonin,

Can you please send me the schematic- I have a 2017, and will be using the OEM euro lights.

As I stated earlier, if you would sell me the parts to build one unit, minus wiring, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m just wondering what some of the parts on your list are for- the Delphi plug seal (currently on backorder) and the Delphi cable seal. Around $14 for those two items alone, not to mention having to buy 100 of each. I just need the essential items- relay, Molex connectors, pin terminals, etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I can send you the wiring schematic, just PM me an email address to send it to.

The relay holder is meant to be sealed, so any unused cavities in the holder must be plugged and each wire going into it needs to have a seal around it which is crimped to the terminal. It makes more sense when you are assembling it, all the parts have a place and a purpose.

I'll have to get back to you on the parts. I should have enough left over for 1 kit but I'll have to double check this weekend. The parts on the list have a minimum order quantity so even if I only need 4 plug seals I still have to order the minimum amount which works out if I make multiple harnesses.