Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Info on Piano Black HVAC and Shifter Surround?

I've been a little jealous of the optional piano black interior trim pieces the fellas in the UK can get, and have been considering doing a vinyl wrap to mimic the look on my car (when it gets here that is [grinking]).

However, searching around the interwebs, I discovered this pic on drivingline.com of what appears to be a US spec car, with the full HVAC and shifter console in piano black!

(actually upon closer that's a Canadian site, so maybe they got that option up North???)

Anyway, I really think this classes up the interior a million percent, and would love to copy the look.

Anyone have any clue how to track this part down???

Last edited:
I'm just worried about the infinite amount of fine scratches that will appear on all of that gloss black. I had a '17 Civic sport before I got my Fiesta and the few piano black pieces it had were scratched to hell after only 2 months.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I don't know if any of y'all watch Savage geese on YouTube. The best car reviewer on YouTube for sure. He always mentions how he hates that black glossy piano black plastic, because it's always got fingerprints and dust on it, and it scratches to hell. Hey if you like it that's cool.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #6
I don't know if any of y'all watch Savage geese on YouTube. The best car reviewer on YouTube for sure. He always mentions how he hates that black glossy piano black plastic, because it's always got fingerprints and dust on it, and it scratches to hell. Hey if you like it that's cool.
Have had it in numerous cars, never had a problem with it.

I'm with you man. I find the piano black surfaces to be just OK, and only if you are super delicate with them. Would much prefer a consistent matte finish on all interior panels, opposite of OP, but everyone is entitled to their opinion so to each their own.

This got me thinking though...

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Eh, vinyl wrap may be too much effort, plus the surface finish likely won't match up. If you care for that stuff.

I’m not having any luck with this part number for the piano black bezel.. anyone know if it’s possibly been updated? Thx

Ford Europe swap. Have to take covers off the Euro one to the USDM one. One of my favorite mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Death to piano black plastic. The worst interior material on Earth.