Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST will be available for 2019

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Okay. The assembly of Fiestas is a fairly random and unplanned series of events in no particular sequence resulting in complete running vehicles miraculously rolling out the back door . Ford employs dozens of hardworking young Mexicans to do nothing but chase down little bits and pieces to get 600 or so units a day put together.
OK, sorry if I came across rude originally, but is the bottom line that you think that there isn't excess ST specific body parts as a reason to add the ST Line the final year? Otherwise, you are coming across sarcastic in a way that sounds like there really is more like a kit that is set aside already for ST orders, or really it does take these dudes scrambling to put one together? LOL...

Dpro

6000 Post Club
OK, sorry if I came across rude originally, but is the bottom line that you think that there isn't excess ST specific body parts as a reason to add the ST Line the final year? Otherwise, you are coming across sarcastic in a way that sounds like there really is more like a kit that is set aside already for ST orders, or really it does take these dudes scrambling to put one together? LOL...
Actually ST’s are an allocation build. They parts for the ST models do actually come from Europe and the UK. Specifically the engine is UK built.
Regular Fiestas just roll off gthe productiion line everyday. ST’s are built according to numbers of orders from dealers. Once enough are ordered a run is done. Thats why people that order have to wait for build dates. Sometimes quicker sometimes slower depending on how into the order number their car is.

Whether or not any of what is being talked about in this thread as far as 2019 goes remains to be seen if its completely true. I would say lets wait and see.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Actually ST’s are an allocation build. They parts for the ST models do actually come from Europe and the UK. Specifically the engine is UK built.
Regular Fiestas just roll off gthe productiion line everyday. ST’s are built according to numbers of orders from dealers. Once enough are ordered a run is done. Thats why people that order have to wait for build dates. Sometimes quicker sometimes slower depending on how into the order number their car is.

Whether or not any of what is being talked about in this thread as far as 2019 goes remains to be seen if its completely true. I would say lets wait and see.
I agree with your assessment of the situation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
For decades manufacturers have used " Just in time " methods. They don't store excess parts.

If they make one last run in that awesome storm grey color I'm going to lose my effing mind!

If they make one last run in that awesome storm grey color I'm going to lose my effing mind!
Can’t imagine they’ll offer any different colors, but if they DO offer the Focus RS stealth gray color, my ‘18 platinum white will be getting traded in immediately!

[twothumb]

Can’t imagine they’ll offer any different colors, but if they DO offer the Focus RS stealth gray color, my ‘18 platinum white will be getting traded in immediately!

[twothumb]
Gat DAMN that would be a hot color on the Fiesta.

Yep, and also a new ST Line for the regular Fiesta that gives it the appearance... great, now slow shitty ones get to look like ours too, they must be getting rid of extra ST body kits they already produced. and the real ST stays 100% the same as the '18.
This doesn't really bother me, I'd just laugh at them wishing they sprung for the real ST and know I'm faster.

Is it a correct assumption it will be like the Euro Fiesta having 3 cylinders and an LSD? If so, maaaaaaan I might have to swap all my '16 parts on this new model if possible.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Gat DAMN that would be a hot color on the Fiesta.

This doesn't really bother me, I'd just laugh at them wishing they sprung for the real ST and know I'm faster.

Is it a correct assumption it will be like the Euro Fiesta having 3 cylinders and an LSD? If so, maaaaaaan I might have to swap all my '16 parts on this new model if possible.
The new 3-cylinder FiST in Europe is faster than the old one. That's the 2019 I want!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The new 3-cylinder FiST in Europe is faster than the old one. That's the 2019 I want!
Yep, only 100cc less, power is rated the same but I'd imagine tuning wouldn't be able to make much more unless they did use a bigger turbo too... and you're right, it IS a little quicker but not because of the motor that is the same power but because of weight loss and gearing, from what I read in the reviews... I'm not against it as a 3 cylinder, maybe with more head area and cooling it can even be pushed further but would depend a LOT on the turbo, as we all know with our tiny torque snail.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yep, only 100cc less, power is rated the same but I'd imagine tuning wouldn't be able to make much more unless they did use a bigger turbo too... and you're right, it IS a little quicker but not because of the motor that is the same power but because of weight loss and gearing, from what I read in the reviews... I'm not against it as a 3 cylinder, maybe with more head area and cooling it can even be pushed further but would depend a LOT on the turbo, as we all know with our tiny torque snail.
There is definitely room for more power in just tuning alone. The new engine has dual fuel injection. Maybe even possible to actually tune for E85. Not just E30/E40. But sad thing is we arent gonna get the new 3 cylinder in the US. At least for right now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There is definitely room for more power in just tuning alone. The new engine has dual fuel injection. Maybe even possible to actually tune for E85. Not just E30/E40. But sad thing is we arent gonna get the new 3 cylinder in the US. At least for right now.
You know, what ever happened to car companies making at least decent small cars to help their CAFE numbers? They used to accept VERY little to no profit on small cars so they could then make it up and more with sales on SUV's and trucks, not sure why Ford thinks they can all of a sudden get away with no selling any small cars... I know that previously established upcoming MPG standards are very likely to be rolled back, but still, doesn't make sense...

But oh yeah, dual injection would be amazing, I had completely forgot about that! On our 4 bangers we have to do WMI and all it's related hassles to get the cleaning and power advantages that the dual port and direct would give tuners! :)

There is zero excess! None. These things are planned and scheduled. Im frankly surprised that this is even happening. The ST line appearance option will have some effect of increasing the appeal of the basic Fiesta. This runs counter to the general cheapening and color choice restriction on some models that has had a chilling effect on sales, even given its low retail public demand.
They claim to lose money on every sale, yet ignore the high take rate of extra cost colors. There's a fair profit on them! I like that they are doing it, but feel that they underexploited the profit opportunities in special trim and color choices.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Here are the colors for 2019. I'm sure not all of these colors will be available for the ST model as per usual.

LaserWhisperer

Way to go, Ford.
Great way to kill a performance line!
Following in Chrysler and Audi's footsteps, yeah? (SRT vs SRT design, Sx vs S-Line)
That's a great way to alienate enthusiats.

Thanks for nothing, shitheads.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I had my fingers crossed for that pepper red last year and was let down. Would be nice if could get the red or blue option this year.

Last edited: