Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST will be available for 2019

me32

1000 Post Club
You know, what ever happened to car companies making at least decent small cars to help their CAFE numbers? They used to accept VERY little to no profit on small cars so they could then make it up and more with sales on SUV's and trucks, not sure why Ford thinks they can all of a sudden get away with no selling any small cars... I know that previously established upcoming MPG standards are very likely to be rolled back, but still, doesn't make sense...

But oh yeah, dual injection would be amazing, I had completely forgot about that! On our 4 bangers we have to do WMI and all it's related hassles to get the cleaning and power advantages that the dual port and direct would give tuners! :)
Ford was profiting on the car just at a very small amount. With the new CEO its all about big profit margins. Very sad to see the new CEO only sees a short term gain and not long term. With donny T in office the CAFE numbers will not be so strick like the Obama administration. In fact it may benefit us all. Toyota and honda will once again steal the car market because supposedly the US automakers dont believe in the car market.

As for the dual injection and im sure better cooling for the engine and turbo there will be some good potential. Also the new block is using the same technology used in the 1.0L, 2.7L, 6.7L engines which means it should handle boost better than the 1.6 and 2.0.

Good to hear that. It would be be at the end of that year for me to consider it.
Production ends in May. So, end of the year for fiesta orders will be in March, most probably.

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Any idea when will see the 19s? Few months ago there was a ton of new fist fs around me. Now I can hardly find any.

Any idea when will see the 19s? Few months ago there was a ton of new fist fs around me. Now I can hardly find any.
+1. Any word from people with dealer connections?

The 2018 I ordered almost 2 months ago apparently isn't going to be here until end of August now. Which is a month and a half later than what the dealer originally told me. I'm guessing by end of August, the 2019s will be in production, which I'd kinda rather wait for since that will be the final year. Ordered my 2018 thinking IT would be the final year. [8] [rant]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
+1. Any word from people with dealer connections?

The 2018 I ordered almost 2 months ago apparently isn't going to be here until end of August now. Which is a month and a half later than what the dealer originally told me. I'm guessing by end of August, the 2019s will be in production, which I'd kinda rather wait for since that will be the final year. Ordered my 2018 thinking IT would be the final year. [8] [rant]
Ya i still think while we might see 2019 Fiesta’s I highly doubt we will see any ST’s let alone a car with ST trim but NA engine.
It would make sense that they might have some old stock of normal Fiesta’s to get rid of but ST’s are an order based i.e. allocation build situation. With dealers stock less and less ST’s they will not be building them as there will not be enough allocation to warrant a run.
Regulare Fiesta’s run off the assembly line everyday on the other hand.

So with all of that I would say hold onto that 2018 order but also look at that dealer carefully he was perfectly willing to tell you the imposible that your car would arrive in a month. Lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ya i still think while we might see 2019 Fiesta’s I highly doubt we will see any ST’s let alone a car with ST trim but NA engine.
It would make sense that they might have some old stock of normal Fiesta’s to get rid of but ST’s are an order based i.e. allocation build situation. With dealers stock less and less ST’s they will not be building them as there will not be enough allocation to warrant a run.
Regulare Fiesta’s run off the assembly line everyday on the other hand.

So with all of that I would say hold onto that 2018 order but also look at that dealer carefully he was perfectly willing to tell you the imposible that your car would arrive in a month. Lol
Not sure what you mean when there are articles everywhere confirming this, all Fiesta production will end in May 2019 confirmed initially and now multiple articles confirming this includes ST and ST Line as well... so while it may not be a huge run it IS indeed happening... Since the ST is batch ordered anyway, I'm assuming it's because while the Focus was made in Michigan with union labor, Ford wanted them to turn to producing more profitable vehicles right away, while the Fiesta being assembled in Mexico gives Ford a lower cost point to wind things down a full year after first announcing their car model cuts... In fact, with the Fusion, it had already been completely re-designed, it looks like it's sticking around through 2021 model year.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not sure what you mean when there are articles everywhere confirming this, all Fiesta production will end in May 2019 confirmed initially and now multiple articles confirming this includes ST and ST Line as well... so while it may not be a huge run it IS indeed happening... Since the ST is batch ordered anyway, I'm assuming it's because while the Focus was made in Michigan with union labor, Ford wanted them to turn to producing more profitable vehicles right away, while the Fiesta being assembled in Mexico gives Ford a lower cost point to wind things down a full year after first announcing their car model cuts... In fact, with the Fusion, it had already been completely re-designed, it looks like it's sticking around through 2021 model year.
First off... most of the articles site Cars Direct for the accuracy of the prediction. Cars Direct is in the business selling cars in a broker type way on the internet. You guys always scream about not trusting what dealers say but take this stuff hook line and sinker. lol They are just as possibly innacurate if not more so.

Second off ....I have no doubt that Ford would still possibly sell regular Fiesta’s into 2019 as they run them off the assembly line every day. It would make sense due to declining sales they still have left over parts stock to do this.

The ST’s on the other hand are allocation build cars. Their engines come from the UK and the body kit comes from Germany in boxes. When enough ST’s are ordered from dealers either throug direct dealer lot orders or customer orders a run is done. Hence why us who ordered them had actually build dates a month or two after we actually ordered our cars.

ST orders are dropping, at their peak they averaged less than 10% of the total Fiesta run per year.
That translates to roughly 5k ST’s in 2018. Not only are a lot of dealers refusing to customer order the cars now but they are not doing stocking orders on them much if at all.
Numbers on lots are dwindling big time and I have been actually following it as I am kind of an information geek.

Given all of that the articles that have come out about ST’s for next year speculative at best as even Ford has not officiallly said they would make a ST let alone a ST trim line next year.
This is why I have my opinion.

Now I could have bought a 2017 almost did in January this year. Actually glad I didn’t as O was able to get a smoking deal on a 18 by being willing to order and wait. Wound up 2k cheaper!

Though the thing is I was having a hard time already finding the car I wanted options wise.
Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros Ebony wheels. Not many dealers had stock ordered them. I.E. closest had sunroof and was 400 miles away up to one without 1k miles away.

Fact is it was already early 2018 , 17’s were starting to hit one year deprecation. Dealers were not all that desperate to give a great deal on a Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro etc.. car. Hence the 2018 even at 500-1k more at the time was the wiser choice. Then it got better.lol

He is at a perfect time to be buying his 18 as the deals only go up as the year goes on. Him cancelling his order and waiting for a supposed 19 is betting a lot.

Even if they did make a 19 productionfor the ST would not start till end of year. As that has been Fords game for the laset several years on ST’s and that production again ruled by allocation build ordering.

Hmm wait another 6-9 months ore or never? Or get a car in two? Lol

P.S. sure its great to get the last supposed year but you know what else is great? Getting a better deal overall on the current year. IMO only time buying last years model new is good is only at the very beginning of the New Year.

Once you get into the newer year you are facing a one year depreciation hit on the car even if it is new.
Unless a dealer gives you a large enough discount to offset that its a losing proposition.
As cars depreciate almost 30% in the first year after the build year. That means you wpudl havr to get a 5-$7k discount. Heh I got $5400 off sticker on my 18 ordered. $19,678 non base ordered as wanted.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
First off... most of the articles site Cars Direct for the accuracy of the prediction. Cars Direct is in the business selling cars in a broker type way on the internet. You guys always scream about not trusting what dealers say but take this stuff hook line and sinker. lol They are just as possibly innacurate if not more so.

Second off ....I have no doubt that Ford would still possibly sell regular Fiesta’s into 2019 as they run them off the assembly line every day. It would make sense due to declining sales they still have left over parts stock to do this.

The ST’s on the other hand are allocation build cars. Their engines come from the UK and the body kit comes from Germany in boxes. When enough ST’s are ordered from dealers either throug direct dealer lot orders or customer orders a run is done. Hence why us who ordered them had actually build dates a month or two after we actually ordered our cars.

ST orders are dropping, at their peak they averaged less than 10% of the total Fiesta run per year.
That translates to roughly 5k ST’s in 2018. Not only are a lot of dealers refusing to customer order the cars now but they are not doing stocking orders on them much if at all.
Numbers on lots are dwindling big time and I have been actually following it as I am kind of an information geek.

Given all of that the articles that have come out about ST’s for next year speculative at best as even Ford has not officiallly said they would make a ST let alone a ST trim line next year.
This is why I have my opinion.

Now I could have bought a 2017 almost did in January this year. Actually glad I didn’t as O was able to get a smoking deal on a 18 by being willing to order and wait. Wound up 2k cheaper!

Though the thing is I was having a hard time already finding the car I wanted options wise.
Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros Ebony wheels. Not many dealers had stock ordered them. I.E. closest had sunroof and was 400 miles away up to one without 1k miles away.

Fact is it was already early 2018 , 17’s were starting to hit one year deprecation. Dealers were not all that desperate to give a great deal on a Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro etc.. car. Hence the 2018 even at 500-1k more at the time was the wiser choice. Then it got better.lol

He is at a perfect time to be buying his 18 as the deals only go up as the year goes on. Him cancelling his order and waiting for a supposed 19 is betting a lot.

Even if they did make a 19 productionfor the ST would not start till end of year. As that has been Fords game for the laset several years on ST’s and that production again ruled by allocation build ordering.

Hmm wait another 6-9 months ore or never? Or get a car in two? Lol

P.S. sure its great to get the last supposed year but you know what else is great? Getting a better deal overall on the current year. IMO only time buying last years model new is good is only at the very beginning of the New Year.

Once you get into the newer year you are facing a one year depreciation hit on the car even if it is new.
Unless a dealer gives you a large enough discount to offset that its a losing proposition.
As cars depreciate almost 30% in the first year after the build year. That means you wpudl havr to get a 5-$7k discount. Heh I got $5400 off sticker on my 18 ordered. $19,678 non base ordered as wanted.
All fair points, ESPECIALLY with zero changes over '18, why wait to find out it's a pain to find or order one? I think there may even be a rush as enthusiasts grab them up... Now depreciation just by model year isn't what it used to be, especially if it's not a new generation, but I feel in my state with no sales tax and less aggressive deals, getting my '17 in Feb. for $4250 off MSRP was a pretty good deal...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh yeah......last year all over with the people that know all. Plenty of info out there saying will be 19s including Copies of brochures straight from ford.
Yes, they are in the Ford sales system, whatever that's called, screen shots have been posted.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Oh yeah......last year all over with the people that know all. Plenty of info out there saying will be 19s including Copies of brochures straight from ford.
Like I said before Fiesta’s in 19 most likely because yes we have seen sales brochures for Fiesta’s but that brochure we saw posted said nothing about ST’s and had no ST colors.
The ST’s are a question mark for 2019.

All fair points, ESPECIALLY with zero changes over '18, why wait to find out it's a pain to find or order one? I think there may even be a rush as enthusiasts grab them up... Now depreciation just by model year isn't what it used to be, especially if it's not a new generation, but I feel in my state with no sales tax and less aggressive deals, getting my '17 in Feb. for $4250 off MSRP was a pretty good deal...
It is and you did well. Yes indeed it is turing into a pain to find or order one which just leads more credence to the fact that we will probably not see ST’s next year.
It does not mean they will not make a Fiesta here next year though which I believe is possible.

P.S. I don’t trust autombile manufacturers one iota on what the tell people is going to happen the following model year. I have seen Manufacturers go back on their word that a car was in the pipeline and going to be made with nation tours of the car. Sales brochues, T shirts etc..

Can we say Nissan IDX? Some of you may not know about it. Nissan did all of that and had a fan base ready to buy and boom due to watching sales of the FRS/BRZ be lackluster chickened out at the last minute and killed the project.

Sorry guys but if you trust Ford these days? Lol is all I can say. They do not have car minded people in their best interests and basically its hopeful wishful thinking . IMO

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Like I said before Fiesta’s in 19 most likely because yes we have seen sales brochures for Fiesta’s but that brochure we saw posted said nothing about ST’s and had no ST colors.
The ST’s are a question mark for 2019.

It is and you did well. Yes indeed it is turing into a pain to find or order one which just leads more credence to the fact that we will probably not see ST’s next year.
It does not mean they will not make a Fiesta here next year though which I believe is possible.

P.S. I don’t trust autombile manufacturers one iota on what the tell people is going to happen the following model year. I have seen Manufacturers go back on their word that a car was in the pipeline and going to be made with nation tours of the car. Sales brochues, T shirts etc..

Can we say Nissan IDX? Some of you may not know about it. Nissan did all of that and had a fan base ready to buy and boom due to watching sales of the FRS/BRZ be lackluster chickened out at the last minute and killed the project.

Sorry guys but if you trust Ford these days? Lol is all I can say. They do not have car minded people in their best interests and basically its hopeful wishful thinking . IMO
We had reason to believe that the ‘17 FiST would be the last, but then Ford made them for ‘18. We had reason to believe that the ‘18 FiST would be the last, but now Ford is making them for ‘19.

Ford is doing this on purpose in hopes that customers will hurry up, and buy them in a panic. It’s working, and I’m happy with it. Hopefully Ford will continue to do this every year.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
We had reason to believe that the ‘17 FiST would be the last, but then Ford made them for ‘18. We had reason to believe that the ‘18 FiST would be the last, but now Ford is making them for ‘19.

Ford is doing this on purpose in hopes that customers will hurry up, and buy them in a panic. It’s working, and I’m happy with it. Hopefully Ford will continue to do this every year.
Except Ford has not officially released anything for a 2019 FiST . They have only released information for a 2019 Fiesta. Call me a skeptic but until Ford says we are making a 2019 FiST for the U.S. officially I am skeptical. Lol
Do I want to see them keep on selling it? Yes of course do I see anything that says they will..no.

Again like I have said in the past the jury is out till Ford makes a 2019 FiST official.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Except Ford has not officially released anything for a 2019 FiST . They have only released information for a 2019 Fiesta. Call me a skeptic but until Ford says we are making a 2019 FiST for the U.S. officially I am skeptical. Lol
Do I want to see them keep on selling it? Yes of course do I see anything that says they will..no.

Again like I have said in the past the jury is out till Ford makes a 2019 FiST official.
So yes, you are a skeptic, no biggie.... but why would they not bother to make a FiST with all the attention it's received lately? Besides, I know you say it's just a cars.com source, VERY big media is running with it as well, even USA Today, so I doubt that it just wouldn't happen, their really isn't much reason not to... Again, it won't be a very large run, but there will almost certainly be a few last thousand made for '19...