Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb traction control vs Stratified traction control.

A7xogg

Is the only difference between the two is that the stratified t/c is a cobb t/c and you just turn it on and off with the sport mode button? And the cobb you have to use the accessport to turn the cobb t/c on? Or is there something else

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is the only difference between the two is that the stratified t/c is a cobb t/c and you just turn it on and off with the sport mode button? And the cobb you have to use the accessport to turn the cobb t/c on? Or is there something else
Stratified has the option to have enabled by default while hardcore enthusiasts got Cobb to keep theirs disabled by default, it has to be enabled on the AP every time the car is restarted... but BOTH take hitting the sport button to override the Ford factory crap... They work on the same exact principal, but the Stratified also is more "refined" with a default setting that is different than Cobb too... Cobb's goes from 1-8, least slip allowed to most, while with Stratified, 1 is default and the regular range is 2-8 with their default 1 setting somewhere between 4-5 on their 2-8 scale... So yeah, for a one time $10 charge, it's worth ordering on the Stratified.

OP
A7xogg

A7xogg

Thread Starter #4
That's what I thought thanks guys! Also make sure you go to Mexico or do your track event using the traction control, this stuff works great! 5 seems like the winner for me

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Any tuner can set the default to on and level to where you want.

OP
A7xogg

A7xogg

Thread Starter #9
Then you can have a tuner set that to be on for you, by request, JST, tune+, dizzy, etc while the Stratified default would work maybe even better.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
After tracking the car while using it, I think you would only need more finer settings if you were much bigger turbo with aux fuel and not doing straight line stuff. My tuner is off mabye I'll ask him tomorrow to leave if on default 5 and on so I never have to mess with it

danbfree

3000 Post Club
After tracking the car while using it, I think you would only need more finer settings if you were much bigger turbo with aux fuel and not doing straight line stuff. My tuner is off mabye I'll ask him tomorrow to leave if on default 5 and on so I never have to mess with it
That's not a bad idea if you've determined setting 5 with Cobb works best for you... but I will say for those who have or are getting Stratified I can't recommend them enough for only $10 to add their traction control that works great even with just stock turbo tune.

OP
A7xogg

A7xogg

Thread Starter #11
That's not a bad idea if you've determined setting 5 with Cobb works best for you... but I will say for those who have or are getting Stratified I can't recommend them enough for only $10 to add their traction control that works great even with just stock turbo tune.
Just had Brian at jst set it up for default enabled and it's set at 5 for default.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So comes the next Question....Who likes what setting the most after trying them all for either Cobb or Stratfied? And Why do you like that setting?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If I am mistaken Stratified has theirs defaulted to #4 also.
wow, you revived an old thread, since then I no longer really run my Stratified tune but I do recall their TC was the same exact method of cobb with their default of 4 being equal to Cobb's 3.5, according to the chart Strat provides. It is said that it can be hard on the clutch and cause misfires from the timing being pulled. It at the very least did a great job of maintaining traction, it can actually help acceleration from a dead stop if you don't have much experience in hooking up with throttle control yourself, I found a setting of 3 with Cobb to be what I prefer, but rarely use it now with much sticker tires that I can control tire spin much easier.

Edit: Found the old photo that shows Stratified settings. Strat's default "optimal" is about 4.25 on their scale and and I have seen most people happiest with Cobb at around 3 to allow some wheelspin before it pulls timing just enough to get traction.

1590859248889.png

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there a way to play with the Cobb traction control settings via the Accessport?

Erick_V

Is there a way to play with the Cobb traction control settings via the Accessport?
Yes. I believe it's under the adjustments tab where you see RPM limit, FFS, ETC. If you have Stratified and use their TCS I recommend setting 4 maybe 5. Helps traction without feeling too invasive like the OEM TCS that cuts everything the second the wheels spin. Don't have any experience with the Cobb settings, only Stratified.