Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need an experienced opinion.

So after riding in my buddy's 280z during our last local autocross event, I have been craving to see what my little fiesta can do on an autocross course. The next event is on the 14th of July and I need help deciding whether or not to take off my aftermarket intake since it could be considered a performance modification (personally I think there is not too much performance to be gained out it, I enjoy it for the little bit off induction noise it creates) and thus causing me to be a part of a more competitive class. This event is apart of the scca. The average attendance is usually about 30-40 drivers, so the local leaders usually divide everyone up into three classes. Any opinions and tips are greatly appreciated.

So after riding in my buddy's 280z during our last local autocross event, I have been craving to see what my little fiesta can do on an autocross course. The next event is on the 14th of July and I need help deciding whether or not to take off my aftermarket intake since it could be considered a performance modification (personally I think there is not too much performance to be gained out it, I enjoy it for the little bit off induction noise it creates) and thus causing me to be a part of a more competitive class. This event is apart of the scca. The average attendance is usually about 30-40 drivers, so the local leaders usually divide everyone up into three classes. Any opinions and tips are greatly appreciated.
Personally, I would just go as is and focus first on having fun and second on improving my times. If there are only 3 classes, chances are you'd still be put up against other 4 cylinder turbos anyway. I wouldn't worry about being competitive until I determined that I was a damn good autocrosser that could start competing nationally. At that point, yes, you'd need to take off the intake and add some light suspension mods. Until then, I would just go enjoy it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Don't worry about car class yet. You're not gonna be competitive in either class. Like someone else said, just improve yourself then worry about the car later.