Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member 299 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by kivnul View Post
    The 92 we get over here (all the fuels really) comes from a single refinery in Montana and I feel it is of a different quality than the 92 on the coast. It appears to be worse than 93. Canned 93 tunes do work quite well but they are still a bit tame to allow for variations in fuel/cars so that they don't get swamped with people with broken cars / complaints. There is zero e85 available here. There used to be a station or two who sold it but with lack of sales and plenty of old engines around these parts everybody is now selling non-ethanol 91 octane if they have the spare tank. This is also one of the reasons I believe the 92 octane listed on the pump is accurate: they are taking 91 and adding the alcohol.
    Makes sense! Best of luck with your tune, I'm sure Stratified will get it dialed in for you, I see no reason why you shouldn't be closer to 275 HP...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you got no timing because of the 92 oct. Looks really safe which is why u have 250 hp and a 29 air flow meter. literally you have 1-2 deg of timing. Only if you put a splash of e85 in there you be like woah( with a e85 blend tune of course)
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2(Future Mods Hybrid turbo)

Vendor Premier Vendor 170 Rep Points pwnall1337's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently using stratified actually. I was hoping there was something I was missing that would allow me more wiggle room. Most likely Alex will cut boost a bit to bring things under control and we will be finished.
    I thought you were someone else :) I also had a customer recently purchase an x47r who lives in Washington. I apologize!
    2017 Fiesta ST x47r, nitrous, 4 port aux fuel, e50, fbo

Check out our $320.99 Fiesta ST Intercooler Special! Additional coupon code available. PM for code

Official Pumaspeed USA retailer. pwnallperformance.com (Don't see something, PM for quote)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I just got my x47r tune completed, on WA pump 92, wish there was e85 around here. You would think there would be more corn for how green this state pretends to be.

I couldn’t be happier on my JST tune. On v-dyno I’m at 280whp.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    #PullMeOverRed #FiSTofFury #410machinebuilt #jstuned #jstperformance #fordfeistast #pwnallperformance #pumaspeed #x47r #cobbtuning #tbperformanceproducts #mishimoto #cfmperformance #turbosmart #boombaracing #mountune #velossatechdesign #ozracingwheels #projectkics #ebcbrakes #stoptechssbrakelines #rallysportdirect #cjponyparts #ford #fiestaST #1point6

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s your learned OAR?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin81G View Post
    I just got my x47r tune completed, on WA pump 92, wish there was e85 around here. You would think there would be more corn for how green this state pretends to be.

I couldn’t be happier on my JST tune. On v-dyno I’m at 280whp.
    It was mentioned earlier, there is W. WA "92", that is more like 94 and then there is E. WA 92, which is...92... Looks like you are Western? Welcome to the forum, you on FiST's of Fury and Fiesta ST Nation on FB I take it?

Anyway, good numbers, this is what I was expecting from OP, I wonder if the fuel quality is making a difference here...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my different tuners, different cars... wrx/sti/fiesta st never heard anyone say anything good about gas in Washington state. Even in western Washington state.

Edit to add: if it is gas, and no e85, have you thought about water/meth injection? That’s my next plan.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin81G View Post
    From my different tuners, different cars... wrx/sti/fiesta st never heard anyone say anything good about gas in Washington state. Even in western Washington state.

Edit to add: if it is gas, and no e85, have you thought about water/meth injection? That’s my next plan.
    Strange, I've only gotten good feedback from tuners for Audi and now Ford saying that with a 93 base tune there is still room, and this is the same fuel down here in western Oregon that comes in from Blaine, Northern Wash. I believe... I'm pretty sure it was 92 octane before they mandated e10 and it was easier and cheaper just to keep the same *minimum* octane rating and production method and just add the e10 for a close to 94 octane equivalent...

Anyway, speaking of WMI, it is a great way to go with any turbo even (especially?) stock on our cars with the dual effect of another ~40 HP and intake valve cleaning. I really am surprised people will drop $400 on dual catch can setups that really doesn't do much AT ALL for carbon buildup when for just a bit more they can go WMI and get real cleaning and 40 HP...

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. My OAR is a constant 1.0 but without knowing how the tuner sets the learning of it I do not know how relevant it is... When I first load the map it is already at 1.0.

I have not really looked into WMI. I do not race the car besides AutoX (and the extra HP has a dubious benefit there at this point due to lack of LSD and extra wide tires) so I do not know if it would be worth it for DD shenanigans.

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all. My OAR is a constant 1.0 but without knowing how the tuner sets the learning of it I do not know how relevant it is... When I first load the map it is already at 1.0.
    You mean -1.0 right? 1.0 would mean the tune is waaay too aggressive for the fuel.

Below is from Stratified when they send out a tune:
    Oct Adj Ratio Lrn (Octane Adjust Ratio - OAR): This parameter is learned and will evolve as you drive. It is an indicator of how the tune is performing against the modifications installed and fuel octane used. The target is to maintain an OAR somewhere between 0 and -1. It does not have to be at -1. If it is at -1, it means that the tune is able to maximize its learned performance. Use this as a gauge for the fuel you are using and the performance of the tune with that fuel. If you see this trend towards +1 it is an indication that the tune is too aggressive for the octane available so either higher octane must be used or the tune adjusted. It is NOT recommended to use 87 octane with a performance tune such as this one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast