Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Dilemna

You’re welcome to your opinion. I would never suggest to purchase a vehicle in full when it has yet to arrive at a dealer.

Yes you are correct once it arrives at a dealer the dealer will stand behind the present condition of the said vehicle. However they can’t do that if they don’t have it.

Back to the the OP. The OP ordered the car with the presumption that he would get $5k off of msrp? I have not seen anything close to that advertised recently.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You’re welcome to your opinion. I would never suggest to purchase a vehicle in full when it has yet to arrive at a dealer.

Yes you are correct once it arrives at a dealer the dealer will stand behind the present condition of the said vehicle. Hover they can’t do that if they don’t have it.

Back to the the OP. The OP ordered the car with the presumption that he would get $5k off of msrp? I have not seen anything close to that advertised recently.
It’s not a question of suggest. It was situation of extraordinary circumstances . Of course in ordiinary circumstances one would not have to do this.

You seem to be missing a key point here both the OP and I as well as a few others on the forum got whats called a Private cash offer. It was only offered to people who knew about it it was for 2k off on top of any other discounts and rebates. It was good to Jully 9th.

My car did not arrive till July 17th. Though we knew it was in transit. If I had not paid for it on the 9th I would have lost that private cash offer because unlike Rebates Private cash offers are time limited and cannot and do not roll over.

These were special circumstances

The OP should have paid for his car on the 9th because of this, instead he called the dealer on the 3rd and then waited till after the 9th to get back in contact
Did the dealer act carelessy by not telling him to come and close the deal to get the offer by the 9th ? Yes, but at the same time the OP should have done his due dilegence and been athe dealer on the 9th because he was aware that it may not roll over. Its why he called on the 3rd to find out, but failed by waiting till after the 9th for word from the dealer . His car came in twp days after the 9th.

Now because of this I did get my car for $19,678 for an 18 Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro,Ebony wheels. MSRP of $25,125 I did get $5400 off MSRP. He would have received at least 5k off as well.
Mine had a dealer discount of $400 in it.

This is what he is upset about he lost out on getting 2k . He poated his dilemma and was hoping the dealer might still honor it for him. Judging by how the delaer handled it? Maybe not as now it would be out of the dealers pocket and not Fords.

Oh and for your info...

Private cash offers are not advertised deals. They come in the back of new Ford brochures and sometimes get mailed to Ford owners as incentives by Ford to buy more Ford cars. Ford is not alone in doing this most car manufacturers do this but its not a general public knowledge . If your savvy about purchasing cars you find out about them and seek them out.

In the case of this one, another forum member got it and posted it on the forum a couple of months back. A number of us took advantage of it.

zanethan

I mean technically you wanted the car before you even knew about the private offer. Super crappy timing, but you'll have to decide whether or not it's worth it. Personally it sounds like you were ok with the price and then got excited (rightfully so) that you were going to save $2k. So much so that you're now expecting it even though your original number was without the incentive. I totally get the frustration and I would hope that the dealer would at least try to meet you halfway. If it were me, I'd see if the dealer would at least do that. If not I would likely walk.

The truth is that they likely don't want a FiST on the lot as they tend to sit around and tie up capital. While they may just break even taking the $1k hit that's at least better than losing money which is what will likely happen if you walk.

OP
A
Thread Starter #24
It’s not a question of suggest. It was situation of extraordinary circumstances . Of course in ordiinary circumstances one would not have to do this.

You seem to be missing a key point here both the OP and I as well as a few others on the forum got whats called a Private cash offer. It was only offered to people who knew about it it was for 2k off on top of any other discounts and rebates. It was good to Jully 9th.

My car did not arrive till July 17th. Though we knew it was in transit. If I had not paid for it on the 9th I would have lost that private cash offer because unlike Rebates Private cash offers are time limited and cannot and do not roll over.

These were special circumstances

The OP should have paid for his car on the 9th because of this, instead he called the dealer on the 3rd and then waited till after the 9th to get back in contact
Did the dealer act carelessy by not telling him to come and close the deal to get the offer by the 9th ? Yes, but at the same time the OP should have done his due dilegence and been athe dealer on the 9th because he was aware that it may not roll over. Its why he called on the 3rd to find out, but failed by waiting till after the 9th for word from the dealer . His car came in twp days after the 9th.

Now because of this I did get my car for $19,678 for an 18 Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro,Ebony wheels. MSRP of $25,125 I did get $5400 off MSRP. He would have received at least 5k off as well.
Mine had a dealer discount of $400 in it.

This is what he is upset about he lost out on getting 2k . He poated his dilemma and was hoping the dealer might still honor it for him. Judging by how the delaer handled it? Maybe not as now it would be out of the dealers pocket and not Fords.

Oh and for your info...

Private cash offers are not advertised deals. They come in the back of new Ford brochures and sometimes get mailed to Ford owners as incentives by Ford to buy more Ford cars. Ford is not alone in doing this most car manufacturers do this but its not a general public knowledge . If your savvy about purchasing cars you find out about them and seek them out.

In the case of this one, another forum member got it and posted it on the forum a couple of months back. A number of us took advantage of it.
Hey I'd like to thank for defending my stupidity in this situation. I really appreciate everyone who posted their opinions and thoughts. In the end I went up there on Thursday evening and told them, it was unacceptable the lack of communication in regards to everything. With everything said and done if I had the private off I would have paid roughly $20,500 OTD after taxes, they worked with me and it cost me a bit over 21,150 OTD after taxes. Not ideal, but considering at msrp I'd have been paying nearly 28K OTD with taxes on a fully loaded ST (minus the sunroof) I'm not too upset. The sales manager made it right where the salesman couldn't/wouldn't in my mind, and stopped me from walking on the car.

All said and done got the car on Friday 7/13 with 15 miles on it, as of today I've got nearly 1500 miles on it you could say I enjoy it. I've attached some pictures of me putting on a Big Mouth, RAM-Air Crossover, ST200 Airbox, Whoosh 3in Turbo Inlet, AET Shortshift, & Spec-D Taillamps. I couldn't be happier with the car, and minus the bullshit with the dealer I think it was worth it.

Thanks for caring and throwing your opinions at me I appreciate it greatly.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hey I'd like to thank for defending my stupidity in this situation. I really appreciate everyone who posted their opinions and thoughts. In the end I went up there on Thursday evening and told them, it was unacceptable the lack of communication in regards to everything. With everything said and done if I had the private off I would have paid roughly $20,500 OTD after taxes, they worked with me and it cost me a bit over 21,150 OTD after taxes. Not ideal, but considering at msrp I'd have been paying nearly 28K OTD with taxes on a fully loaded ST (minus the sunroof) I'm not too upset. The sales manager made it right where the salesman couldn't/wouldn't in my mind, and stopped me from walking on the car.

All said and done got the car on Friday 7/13 with 15 miles on it, as of today I've got nearly 1500 miles on it you could say I enjoy it. I've attached some pictures of me putting on a Big Mouth, RAM-Air Crossover, ST200 Airbox, Whoosh 3in Turbo Inlet, AET Shortshift, & Spec-D Taillamps. I couldn't be happier with the car, and minus the bullshit with the dealer I think it was worth it.

Thanks for caring and throwing your opinions at me I appreciate it greatly.
Congrats and considering everything that went down you still did good. Ya it always better to go up the chain of command salesman can only say or do so much. Even senior salesman still answer to their sales manager. I did my deal with the Fleet Manager. It was a breeze because I did not even need to see the finance guy. He took care of everything.

You already have put more mileage and mods on your car than I have of course I only picked up my car last thurs and have been quite busy lately.

OP
A
Thread Starter #26
Congrats and considering everything that went down you still did good. Ya it always better to go up the chain of command salesman can only say or do so much. Even senior salesman still answer to their sales manager. I did my deal with the Fleet Manager. It was a breeze because I did not even need to see the finance guy. He took care of everything.

You already have put more mileage and mods on your car than I have of course I only picked up my car last thurs and have been quite busy lately.
Yea haha, it had over 400 on it by Saturday evening between me and my buddy giving it the run down. Had to drive about 800 miles roundtrip on Monday morning and figured it was as good as a reason as any to take the car.

Now just working on how to get the exhaust to sound close to an Abarth's (as that's my ideal sound for a 4 cylinder turbo). Gonna take it over to the local muffler shop and see what they think can be done haha.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yea haha, it had over 400 on it by Saturday evening between me and my buddy giving it the run down. Had to drive about 800 miles roundtrip on Monday morning and figured it was as good as a reason as any to take the car.

Now just working on how to get the exhaust to sound close to an Abarth's (as that's my ideal sound for a 4 cylinder turbo). Gonna take it over to the local muffler shop and see what they think can be done haha.
Well I actually bought a Thermal RD exhaust for the car as part of a pursuit simular to yours. I also got a decent deal on it. Lol Another thing that will get you closer to that sound is a Tune. Get a Cobb Accessport and get a custom tune, alot of tuners have crackle and pop tunes that not only give you extra perfeormance but that sound you want.

OP
A
Thread Starter #28
Well I actually bought a Thermal RD exhaust for the car as part of a pursuit simular to yours. I also got a decent deal on it. Lol Another thing that will get you closer to that sound is a Tune. Get a Cobb Accessport and get a custom tune, alot of tuners have crackle and pop tunes that not only give you extra perfeormance but that sound you want.
Word up to that...just need to scrounge $500 out of my butt ;_;