Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Dilemna

Hey Guys,

First real time posting here so forgive me, but I've been lurking and following a bit so I'm not completely out of the loop. Anyways here's my problem, I placed my order for a Orange Spice ST, with everything but a sunroof April 27th,2018. NBD was told 6-8weeks as is the norm probably, a week after that I got onto the Ford private offer in hopes I would be able to use it with my order once it arrived combined with current rebates.

So 6-8 weeks rolls around no car, was told not gonna be here til July-Aug. again kind of the norm I've seen. So I ask last week when I found out the rebate would expire the 9th, to my dealer if it was possible to protect the rebate itself, sales manager says he will look into it and get back to me. This was July 3rd, obviously people have days off for the Fourth, but I hear nothing from this guy all the way into the following week Monday. Contact again on Monday in regards to it and was told he went on vacation and that they'd try to get ahold of him to get more information. Wait a day, still no info. Well it turns out today my F*^k1ng car showed up at the Dealer....3 days after my extra $2k "expired" My question is what if anything have any of you all done if placed in this situation and what should I do. I've talked to the salesman in regards to the car and stated this is a big deal for me $2k is a decent chunk of change to lose out on for 3 days of difference, he said he would work on it and get back to me. But as of right now I'm not super hopeful, I'm not above walking away from the car for leverage as honestly the general apathy I've gotten in regards to this has been rather off putting. But obviously...I don't want to do that.

If you all have any opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hey Guys,

First real time posting here so forgive me, but I've been lurking and following a bit so I'm not completely out of the loop. Anyways here's my problem, I placed my order for a Orange Spice ST, with everything but a sunroof April 27th,2018. NBD was told 6-8weeks as is the norm probably, a week after that I got onto the Ford private offer in hopes I would be able to use it with my order once it arrived combined with current rebates.

So 6-8 weeks rolls around no car, was told not gonna be here til July-Aug. again kind of the norm I've seen. So I ask last week when I found out the rebate would expire the 9th, to my dealer if it was possible to protect the rebate itself, sales manager says he will look into it and get back to me. This was July 3rd, obviously people have days off for the Fourth, but I hear nothing from this guy all the way into the following week Monday. Contact again on Monday in regards to it and was told he went on vacation and that they'd try to get ahold of him to get more information. Wait a day, still no info. Well it turns out today my F*^k1ng car showed up at the Dealer....3 days after my extra $2k "expired" My question is what if anything have any of you all done if placed in this situation and what should I do. I've talked to the salesman in regards to the car and stated this is a big deal for me $2k is a decent chunk of change to lose out on for 3 days of difference, he said he would work on it and get back to me. But as of right now I'm not super hopeful, I'm not above walking away from the car for leverage as honestly the general apathy I've gotten in regards to this has been rather off putting. But obviously...I don't want to do that.

If you all have any opinions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Its now on th dealer wether or not they honor it. It ran out at the end of the day monday. Your car acrually arrived faster than mine. I ordered mine mid march got my build date in April for a end of May buid

Went to to the dealer and processed my paperwork and loan on monday knowing it was the last day for private cash. I ordered an Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros and Ebony wheels. $19678 with the 2 private cash.
We are expecting it any day now.

Anyeays the dealer kinda screwed you. I knew the private cash did not roll over which is why my guy had me close the deal monday and do the paper work. Your dealer was not acting in your best interest i.e. care wise. IMO

Hopefully they will give you the 2k discount anyways but it will be out of their pocket not Fords. The private cash deal was a deal where Ford reimburses the dealer for giving you the discount.

anticon

That sucks. If they didn't honor it I feel like I would walk away out of spite as long as I didn't have a deposit to lose or something.

DangerMouse

I too would walk away. If they want the sale bad enough they will call. I went to one dealer and test drove a Fiesta st. I was ready to buy that day with no trade in. He wanted to to dick me around on price so we left.

Went for lunch and then to another dealership. Told them what I wanted and I bought the car. First dealership called me asking if I was still interested, I told them no I already bought one elsewhere the same day. They sat on that Fiesta for 6-8 more months.

I too would walk away. If they want the sale bad enough they will call. I went to one dealer and test drove a Fiesta st. I was ready to buy that day with no trade in. He wanted to to dick me around on price so we left.

Went for lunch and then to another dealership. Told them what I wanted and I bought the car. First dealership called me asking if I was still interested, I told them no I already bought one elsewhere the same day. They sat on that Fiesta for 6-8 more months.
I agree, it is the principle of the matter. What kind of communication do you expect going forward? For repairs? Recalls? Get out while you still can unless they swing you a crazy deal.

This is why I didn't go to just any dealer when I bought my car. I drove over an hour from the DFW metroplex that is saturated with Ford dealers to buy my car at a small dealer and I had a great experience. I probably wouldn't walk away myself. My dealer had me put $1k down on my car to order it so i would have lost on that anyway. But I'd leave bad reviews on the dealer if they won't honor it. Businesses don't like bad reviews.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is why I didn't go to just any dealer when I bought my car. I drove over an hour from the DFW metroplex that is saturated with Ford dealers to buy my car at a small dealer and I had a great experience. I probably wouldn't walk away myself. My dealer had me put $1k down on my car to order it so i would have lost on that anyway. But I'd leave bad reviews on the dealer if they won't honor it. Businesses don't like bad reviews.
Ya I wound up at a dealer 45 minutes from here without traffic. There were 4 delaers that were closer. My dealer did not make me put a down on the order. He kept me advised and when the deadline came up he said come in and close the deal to get your private cash.
If he had not done that I might have walked on him. Thing is around here and especially now finding an Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros or Recaros period is becoming impossible. Many dealers are no longer ordering these cars.
Its up to the OP like I said earlier in his shoes I would push real hard for them to honor the 2k however they can.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
But I'd leave bad reviews on the dealer if they won't honor it. Businesses don't like bad reviews.
I can testify to this, especially their review which YOU give them on the Ford Corporate survey!

I LAMBASTED my purchase dealer on that survey with a TOTALLY NEGATIVE review, and they contacted me asking what they could do to "make it right with me" in order to have me change my survey results the second time around in their favor!

Serves them right for NOT treating me as a deserving customer (which I guess to them was ONLY the $85K+ loaded Lariat King Ranch dually Powerstroke F-350 buyer) in the FIRST PLACE!! [mad]

service and sales thrive on customer service scores. if they get bad scores, they lose out on incentives from ford. hence the contact back. a bad score will change things quick

It sounds like you rolled the dice, ordering a new car hoping it would arrive before a promotion with an expiration date ended. It would be cool if it had arrived on time, but I'm not sure there is anyone to blame. Would the promotion have applied if you had bought a car from dealer stock? That said, nothing excuses the crap lack of responses by your dealer. I don't really see what the incentive would be for the dealer to sell the car to you at a loss by eating the $2000.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It sounds like you rolled the dice, ordering a new car hoping it would arrive before a promotion with an expiration date ended. It would be cool if it had arrived on time, but I'm not sure there is anyone to blame. Would the promotion have applied if you had bought a car from dealer stock? That said, nothing excuses the crap lack of responses by your dealer. I don't really see what the incentive would be for the dealer to sell the car to you at a loss by eating the $2000.
I did not want to say this earlier but it what you are saying is true . It takes two too tango and the OP was aware of the possibililty of the private cash offer running out on the 9th.

He should have been at the dealer on the 9th like I was closing his deal. His car arrived only 3 days later .

I am still scratching my head about that one as he ordered some two weeks after I ordered mine and still manged to see it arrive this week.

Mine has not even arrived yet. Though its completely sold to me now with $5400 in discounts amd rebates and shoudl be here any day now.

I urged him to push the dealer out of good faith on their part whether or not they are likely to do that is probably not high unfortunately for him.

oh and ya I just recieved my customer satisfacrion survey in email from Ford tonight.

Couple things:
The dealers do not control the rebates, it is Ford Motor Company. The will vary slightly from location to location.

This means the $2k comes from the Ford and not the dealer. The dealer really has no choice unless they want to lose $2k on one vehicle sale.

If the dealer did anything to keep from recieving the car during the last week of the rebates, yes that’s piss poor relations. If it was out if their control, the dealer has done nothing wrong.

You ordered the car, which means you get whatever incentives are on the car at time of delivery. That’s your choice. It’s also your choice to walk away if price is too high or above what dealer quoted.

What did the dealer say about new incentives? This what you need to be shown or ask to speak with the dealer rep for more info.

As far as locking in old incentives the only ways I know to do that is to complete the sale and payment of vehicle before it arrives. Never a good idea. And back dating sales which I’m sure that Ford could pull the dealership if they are caught doing this.

Axnandy said his incentives did not change at all as of 7/11/18. So I would verify current 18 st incentives.

Current incentives for KC area 18 FiST is a $3k rebate.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Couple things:
The dealers do not control the rebates, it is Ford Motor Company. The will vary slightly from location to location.

This means the $2k comes from the Ford and not the dealer. The dealer really has no choice unless they want to lose $2k on one vehicle sale.

If the dealer did anything to keep from recieving the car during the last week of the rebates, yes that’s piss poor relations. If it was out if their control, the dealer has done nothing wrong.

You ordered the car, which means you get whatever incentives are on the car at time of delivery. That’s your choice. It’s also your choice to walk away if price is too high or above what dealer quoted.

What did the dealer say about new incentives? This what you need to be shown or ask to speak with the dealer rep for more info.

As far as locking in old incentives the only ways I know to do that is to complete the sale and payment of vehicle before it arrives. Never a good idea. And back dating sales which I’m sure that Ford could pull the dealership if they are caught doing this.
I am not sure why you say closing the deal on a new car before its delivered or picked up is never a good idea?

I paid for my car on the last day of the Private cash offer to lock the 2k private cash offer in. The private cash offer the OP was talking about losing is the same one I got.

My car arrived four days ago. I paid for it on the 9th. The 3k rebate rolled over but the private cash offers did not.

Following your advice above I would have lost my deal as well.lol
A lot of people these days close deals over the internet travel to where the car is pick up the keys and go.

My deal was close to the same way I did the financing over the phone. Drove up to the dealership signed papaer paid sales tax and lic and deposit and left.

Went back on wed and picked up my car when it arrived a little over a week after closing the deal.

Its not backordering the car and Ford has no problem with it. Fleef sales get done this way all the time.

Yes the guy blew it by not making a point to lock in his deal by the 9th . Yes the Ford dealer did not do him any favors by not making him aware he did have to close the deal by the 9th.

Both parties made mistakes here. In the end though it does not change the situation.

Having ordered the car like he did the way he wanted it I can’t blame him. For being upset though.Orders take 3-4 months minimum to process and deliver. It sucks to lose 2k of the deal you thought you would get.
Truth be told wheh I placed my order and he placed his order the private cash offer was not on the table . It came up a little over a month ago and was only avaliable to claim for a week to two weeks. Then it went away.
A bunch of us jumped and got it. Others missed it. Coo dealer will try amd compensate . Dealers that don’t care will say tough luck.

Last edited:

A7xogg

If they don't honor it, I would walk away and talk with another dealership. It sucks cause I know you want the fist but you should walk away if they don't honor it

It’s not a good idea: If the car is in any way damaged before it gets to the dealer it is now your car and your responsibility.

This is different from buying it sight unseen to have the dealer verify that it’s good to go because it’s on their lot currently.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It’s not a good idea: If the car is in any way damaged before it gets to the dealer it is now your car and your responsibility.

This is different from buying it sight unseen to have the dealer verify that it’s good to go because it’s on their lot currently.
Ya but any dealer worth a damn is going to honor correcting any damge plus Most states have a 15 day return law and Calfiornia is 30. Though if you have qualified foe the financing and been able to close the deal then most dealers will fix damage either straigt out or under warranty.

Sure if you get the car and look it over when picking it up amd then discover cosmetic damge afer taking it off the lot you it might be put on you becuase you have taken physical possesion. Though if you ffind damge at the dealer before driving off the lot well like I said above any dealer worth a damn is going to take care of that.

Plus if a dealer is that scummy then you should not have been dealing with them in the first place. Your logic for your opinion, while could be considered good is slightly flawed for certain situations.