Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Was he just messing with me?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I test drove a Tesla, they’re everywhere here, and it’s fast but it just... I dunno, no soul? Really fast when mashing the gas, but I’m the sort to point the car at the opposite coast and just take off for a week or two on an adventure. Can’t do that in an electric, you have to plan it out. I’d like to see Tesla come up with inductive charting grids embedded in the freeway though, if interstates and major Howard were charge-neutral that would be a game changer.
Check this car out...very interesting ...IMO....THE ASPARK OWL

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8AFA8A31B496110B0D4B8AFA8A31B496110&FORM=VIRE

This has been said here a lot, but it is worth keeping in mind. The FiST 0-60 time is utterly destroyed by the fact that we have to shift twice, or in the case of a tune with a higher redline, we have to wind it out to redline in second gear to reach 60 mph, where the OEM turbo is way past the rpm where it is meant to operate. As an earlier poster noted, from a 45 mph rolling start, our cars might do a lot better. And yes, I know on the YouTube video the Euro 2018 spanked a 2017 even with a rolling start, but put that stock 2018 against a Mk. 7 with an E30 tune and things might have changed. One more thing, just to reiterate another oft-made point, if you are tuned but not running an E30 tune, you can tell yourself there is not much difference but you know not what you are missing. Just for the sake of it I went back to Shell 93 on a recent fill-up and went into my Stratifed 93 slot, and I thought I was in a different car. A much tamer car. I couldn’t wait to drive about 75 miles so I could put in 3.1 gallons of E85. The difference is very evident.

This has been said here a lot, but it is worth keeping in mind. The FiST 0-60 time is utterly destroyed by the fact that we have to shift twice, or in the case of a tune with a higher redline, we have to wind it out to redline in second gear to reach 60 mph, where the OEM turbo is way past the rpm where it is meant to operate. As an earlier poster noted, from a 45 mph rolling start, our cars might do a lot better. And yes, I know on the YouTube video the Euro 2018 spanked a 2017 even with a rolling start, but put that stock 2018 against a Mk. 7 with an E30 tune and things might have changed. One more thing, just to reiterate another oft-made point, if you are tuned but not running an E30 tune, you can tell yourself there is not much difference but you know not what you are missing. Just for the sake of it I went back to Shell 93 on a recent fill-up and went into my Stratifed 93 slot, and I thought I was in a different car. A much tamer car. I couldn’t wait to drive about 75 miles so I could put in 3.1 gallons of E85. The difference is very evident.
These are all good points. The MK8 vs MK7 race would be pretty equal even if the MK7 had a basic 93 octane tune on it, I hate to say stuff like that since it's no longer stock vs stock but in any case, doesn't even matter for us in North America since we can't even get our hands on the new one.

I'm dreading when my drum of E85 runs out and I have to go back to 93 octane, going to suck :(

I'm dreading when my drum of E85 runs out and I have to go back to 93 octane, going to suck :(
The roads where I live in Central Ohio are boringly straight and flat, there is little in the way of natural beauty, winters are long and tons of salt is used on the roads, and the Ohio State Patrol is merciless. But, all that said, Ohio has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the U.S., and I can pump E85 at the local grocery store. So at least there is that [thumb]