Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLE: TOP TIER Gas Station Preference

What is your preferred TOP TIER Gas Station?

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Aloha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amoco

• ARCO

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Beacon

• BP

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Breakaway

• Break Time

• Cenex

• Chevron

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • CITGO

• Conoco

• Costco

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • CountryMark

• Diamond Shamrock

• Esso

• Express Mart

• Exxon

• Fast Fuel

• Fast Stop

• Hele

• Hawaii Fueling Network

• Holiday

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Irving Oil

• Kirkland Signature

• Kwik Star

• Kwik Trip

• Mahalo

• Marathon

• Metro Petro

• MFA

• Mobil

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • OAAI

• Ohana Fuels

• Phillips 66

• QT

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • QuikTrip

• Ranger

• Reeder's

• Shamrock

• Shell

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Sinclair

• Sunoco

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • SuperAmerica

• SuperFuels

• Tempo

• Texaco

• Tri-Par Qwik Stop

• Valero

• Win Win

• Total voters
I would consider BP and Shell the only top tier gas stations.
And Chevron the bottom of the line.
I'm surprised it still gets such a high rating for selling 20% water and ethanol.
Then again, you might not notice much on a turbo car. But on a regular car, Chevron gas sucks. It drains the car by almost 10% of MPG and HP.

As far as BP and Shell, their standard blends are about the same as any other gas station. Like Racetrack, Valero, or other.
It's only their premium blends that are 'better' than the rest.
On some vehicles, Shell gets between 5 to 7.5% better fuel economy, while BP premium gets me 10% better economy.

I can't speak for costco gas. I know it's very popular here. But since I get my .03ct off per gallon at Shell, I usually go there.
Or, local E15/85 gas stations serving a cheap E15 blend.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would consider BP and Shell the only top tier gas stations.
And Chevron the bottom of the line.
I'm surprised it still gets such a high rating for selling 20% water and ethanol.
Then again, you might not notice much on a turbo car. But on a regular car, Chevron gas sucks. It drains the car by almost 10% of MPG and HP.

As far as BP and Shell, their standard blends are about the same as any other gas station. Like Racetrack, Valero, or other.
It's only their premium blends that are 'better' than the rest.
On some vehicles, Shell gets between 5 to 7.5% better fuel economy, while BP premium gets me 10% better economy.

I can't speak for costco gas. I know it's very popular here. But since I get my .03ct off per gallon at Shell, I usually go there.
Or, local E15/85 gas stations serving a cheap E15 blend.
Racetrack is a southern/western/maybe mid-western?? only thing, as we have a "Raceway" gas brand here in the general northeast.

I get .10/gallon off with my Shell rewards card (sometimes even .15/gallon if there is a promotion running).

In case you're wondering,
Chevron serves the worst gas in Florida.
One of my cars actually broke fueling up there. Reason: water in the fuel.
Overall it has very low MPG results.
Fueling up with Chevron, means your MPG drops by almost 10% for NA cars. Not sure how it translates to a turbo car.

Chevron always has been serving at the top of the 10% ethanol levels, which is why you could often see water coming out of the exhaust from cars departing from a red light, you know they fueled up with Chevron fuel.
Shell always has been closer to 2% of Ethanol. By law, they only needed to fuel up some ethanol (even 0.25% would be enough) to abide by govt regulations.

In South Florida, Chevron was also the company that was always open.
If you ever pass through after midnight, chances are you won't find many gas stations open, save for Chevron.
I figure, someone got to pay for that, and that would be via their lower quality gasoline.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
In case you're wondering,
Chevron serves the worst gas in Florida.
One of my cars actually broke fueling up there. Reason: water in the fuel.
Overall it has very low MPG results.
Fueling up with Chevron, means your MPG drops by almost 10% for NA cars. Not sure how it translates to a turbo car.

Chevron always has been serving at the top of the 10% ethanol levels, which is why you could often see water coming out of the exhaust from cars departing from a red light, you know they fueled up with Chevron fuel.
Shell always has been closer to 2% of Ethanol. By law, they only needed to fuel up some ethanol (even 0.25% would be enough) to abide by govt regulations.

In South Florida, Chevron was also the company that was always open.
If you ever pass through after midnight, chances are you won't find many gas stations open, save for Chevron.
I figure, someone got to pay for that, and that would be via their lower quality gasoline.
You do know that H20 is a by product of combustion? Have you sampled all Chevrons or just the one example?

You do know that H20 is a by product of combustion?
Exactly. To suggest that water pouring out of a tailpipe is a result limited to using Chevron fuel is incorrect. The water happens everywhere, and is not limited in any way to Chevron. We all see it every day. Chevron has no stations where I live.

XanRules

I've never had issues with Costco gas. They're also the closest to my house and consistently 30-50 cents cheaper per gallon than other nearby stations. I don't remember if I'd already posted in here or not.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've never had issues with Costco gas. They're also the closest to my house and consistently 30-50 cents cheaper per gallon than other nearby stations. I don't remember if I'd already posted in here or not.
Totally agree, Costco makes very little on gas, they have it mainly to drive more memberships, where 80% of their profits to come from, so Costco is the best value gas in the world, period... BUT, they aren't close to Jay's so I'm stuck with Shell V-Power, LOL... maybe I'll try to leave a little room for the e85 or the reverse, I dunno, but I don't want to go back to "only" a 93 tune now! :)