Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune downpipe eternal backorder

Has anyone else been waiting on a mountune downpipe for an unreasonable amount of time? I ordered one back in December and it's still a no-show. Mountune seems to have an excuse every month, and then pushes the ETA back another month. Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this.

Has anyone else been waiting on a mountune downpipe for an unreasonable amount of time? I ordered one back in December and it's still a no-show. Mountune seems to have an excuse every month, and then pushes the ETA back another month. Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this.
I ordered my mountune downpipe in March of this year, I'm still waiting too. I'm not going to install till next spring anyways. Maybe there waiting till they get enough on order then they place the order. I did talk to them and they told me these are made in the UK and the high flow CAT is special version with a long lead time. Will continue to wait, definitely won't get a Cobb one considering I've seen it break in half.

I ordered my mountune downpipe in March of this year, I'm still waiting too. I'm not going to install till next spring anyways. Maybe there waiting till they get enough on order then they place the order. I did talk to them and they told me these are made in the UK and the high flow CAT is special version with a long lead time. Will continue to wait, definitely won't get a Cobb one considering I've seen it break in half.
I'll sell mine to you when I get my catless, easy since we are both in Canada haha

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #9
Yeah, they told me something similar a few months ago. Something about how they changed suppliers for the cats and that they were going to to be welded up that month. I believe that was around February or March. Obviously that didn't happen. Unfortunately I bought it as part of a larger kit, so the DP itself isn't itemized on the invoice, which makes doing a chargeback somewhat difficult, as they've actually removed the DP from their website . I would prefer not to go that route, but they haven't responded to the last couple of emails I've sent, their "live chat", or their phone. Needless to say, I don't really feel like dealing with them any longer. I'm actually planning to remove some of their other parts off of my vehicle and replace them with something else.

I've also pretty much decided that I'm not going to bother with a DP unless I upgrade the turbo anyways. I'm just going to sell the mountune DP as NIB, if it ever shows up.

Yeah, they told me something similar a few months ago. Something about how they changed suppliers for the cats and that they were going to to be welded up that month. I believe that was around February or March. Obviously that didn't happen. Unfortunately I bought it as part of a larger kit, so the DP itself isn't itemized on the invoice, which makes doing a chargeback somewhat difficult, as they've actually removed the DP from their website . I would prefer not to go that route, but they haven't responded to the last couple of emails I've sent, their "live chat", or their phone. Needless to say, I don't really feel like dealing with them any longer. I'm actually planning to remove some of their other parts off of my vehicle and replace them with something else.

I've also pretty much decided that I'm not going to bother with a DP unless I upgrade the turbo anyways. I'm just going to sell the mountune DP as NIB, if it ever shows up.
I too bought it as part of the full turbo back exhaust and used a 10% off code so getting money back would be minimal at best. Have to hope they will fill the existing orders since some of these manufactured would be for the EU market. They must have recently removed from their website, it was on a couple of weeks ago, I seem to troll their website too much. But their customer service has been rather crappy lately will have to admit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they have removed it off their website

"
This page is currently unavailable, please contact our customer service team for details.

usa@mountune.com

PH 714 424 940"

Looks like they have removed it off their website

"
This page is currently unavailable, please contact our customer service team for details.

usa@mountune.com

PH 714 424 940"
Chatting with mountune today they say they expect to receive these downpipe in 3-4 weeks and fulfill existing orders. Let’s just hope they come through sooner than later

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #14
Chatting with mountune today they say they expect to receive these downpipe in 3-4 weeks and fulfill existing orders. Let’s just hope they come through sooner than later

Yeah, that's the same answer that I've gotten pretty much every month since February.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #15
For anyone following this, I spoke with them today and they do not have any status or ETA on the DP. Just wanted to let anyone know that's waiting on one of these.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lets just Face it ...Its on INTERGALACTIC BACK ORDER....Just like the Driveshafts for the AWD Dodge and Chrysler Minivans of the early 2000s....Sounds like everyone just needs to cancel their Orders and hit up Ron at Whoosh....great guy...always delivers and is honest about it if they are on Order.[rockon]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Lets just Face it ...Its on INTERGALACTIC BACK ORDER....Just like the Driveshafts for the AWD Dodge and Chrysler Minivans of the early 2000s....Sounds like everyone just needs to cancel their Orders and hit up Ron at Whoosh....great guy...always delivers and is honest about it if they are on Order.[rockon]
we have just been notified our catted DP's just got out of welding yesterday
that means about a week until orders ship
after pending orders are filled we will have just shy of 20 left which won't last once we announce they are in stock

thanks for the post [shakehands]