Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrading from GT2560R to GTX2860R Gen 2, which V-Band housing was used by DHM?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have the whole DHM setup with the GT2560R but want to swap to the GTX Gen 2.
Turbokits.com has these to offer:
T25, .63ar, V-Band, $269
T25, .84ar, V-Band, $269
Tial Stainless V-Band, .64ar, $339
Tial Stainless V-band, .84ar, $339

I was told by Russ when I got the GT2560R the GTX2860R(1st gen) was a direct swap but did not ask about AR, what housing they used, etc....

No idea if the new G series turbo would fit and it is a bit over my budget, just getting the car up and running with a bigger turbo before selling so if somebody is interested in the car I can work with them to put whatever they want on it.

I will have a 2k mile GT2560R, V-band available when done, have to swap a 2016 engine in first.

Rick
775-515-5355

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the whole DHM setup with the GT2560R but want to swap to the GTX Gen 2.
Turbokits.com has these to offer:
T25, .63ar, V-Band, $269
T25, .84ar, V-Band, $269
Tial Stainless V-Band, .64ar, $339
Tial Stainless V-band, .84ar, $339

I was told by Russ when I got the GT2560R the GTX2860R(1st gen) was a direct swap but did not ask about AR, what housing they used, etc....

No idea if the new G series turbo would fit and it is a bit over my budget, just getting the car up and running with a bigger turbo before selling so if somebody is interested in the car I can work with them to put whatever they want on it.

I will have a 2k mile GT2560R, V-band available when done, have to swap a 2016 engine in first.

Rick
775-515-5355
How much?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thanks:) For some reason the .52 was at the bottom of their list, a long one, had to scroll down to find it.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Whatever an appropriate price should be on the GT with a stainless steel V-band housing and Turbosdirect billet compressor wheel.
I took it to Turbosdirect when brand new to have it upgraded since it was just a few miles from where I was working on the car.
Normally the wheel is only available from the company in the link below as a pair of turbos setup for the V6 Nissan engines at $2895 but not the same housing, etc.....
PM, etc what you think is a good price for us both, please:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I just took another look at the G25-550 price, it comes with a .74 AR V-band housing so not that much more money, I am going to find out if it is a bolt on option as well.

If I lived in an area where I could actually use the car as I built it for I might end up keeping it, still may do so once up and running...

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I just took another look at the G25-550 price, it comes with a .72 AR V-band housing at $1779 so not that much more money, I am going to find out if it is a bolt on option as well.

koozy

3000 Post Club
The G25 is not interchangeable with the GT/GTX series and will not bolt on to your DHM manifold. The V-Band sizes are significantly different.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Thanks, much appreciated, your info is helping me a great deal:)

The results I have seen with the Gen 2 GTX over the GT I have makes the added cost worth it and barely any more work to be done since pulling the engine anyway. I will probably have mount it up on a stand and all the lines I can, etc....much easier to clock it that way, DP will be much easier to line up but do not think I can drop the engine with it on.

I have a quote for $1400 for the GTX with Vband housing, not bad at all. I always ask for a military discount since retired Navy and working on a disability claim now as well which is going to be a high percentage once all sorted out.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks, much appreciated, your info is helping me a great deal:)

The results I have seen with the Gen 2 GTX over the GT I have makes the added cost worth it and barely any more work to be done since pulling the engine anyway. I will probably have mount it up on a stand and all the lines I can, etc....much easier to clock it that way, DP will be much easier to line up but do not think I can drop the engine with it on.

I have a quote for $1400 for the GTX with Vband housing, not bad at all.
Why another engine? Did yours go boom?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Big radiator, Setrab oil cooler, opened up grill, well ducted airflow to coolers, 80 mile road trip in 60 degree weather, temp gauge right in the middle, AP oil temp showed around 200 degrees, $3 hose clamp on water line to WG failed, no warning, blown head gasket and I am sure warped/cracked head. 2014 car, easier to swap in a low mileage 2016(not sure if all 2015's have the better head) than to fix it, found a 12k mile engine for $1100 they will ship to the local yard.

I have gauges but had not installed them:(

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Big radiator, Setrab oil cooler, opened up grill, well ducted airflow to coolers, 80 mile road trip in 60 degree weather, temp gauge right in the middle, AP oil temp showed around 200 degrees, $3 hose clamp on water line to WG failed, no warning, blown head gasket and I am sure warped/cracked head. 2014 car, easier to swap in a low mileage 2016(not sure if all 2015's have the better head) than to fix it, found a 12k mile engine for $1100 they will ship to the local yard.

I have gauges but had not installed them:(
I have found no really good definite answer if The Gen2 GTX2860R kit from ATP comes with boost taps for the inlet and outlet hoses or do they need to be bought separate? Does anyone have pics of where they Used them on the hoses and what was the best tool to put the 5/16/8mm hole to fit the boost taps into the hoses? I've seen hole puncher so far...possible drill? Thoughts...anyone?[thumb]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have found no really good definite answer if The Gen2 GTX2860R kit from ATP comes with boost taps for the inlet and outlet hoses or do they need to be bought separate? Does anyone have pics of where they Used them on the hoses and what was the best tool to put the 5/16/8mm hole to fit the boost taps into the hoses? I've seen hole puncher so far...possible drill? Thoughts...anyone?[thumb]
Spoke with ATP....found them buried in the box within a bag....within another bag! So the answer is yes