Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm sure someone on the forum can do a quick photoshop of what it might look like w/ the tape removed...someone?
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Member 91 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    If you remove the tape, you have your body color underneath. In my opinion, it does not look good - think base model Corolla from about 10 years ago.
    I had a fluke accident in my garage, and spilled a chemical on one of my doors that etched the tape and the beltline molding (rubber part that goes along the bottom edge of the window, and I replaced both myself. It's a chore, but if you're careful it's easily done. I peeled off the tape on the affected door, and looked at it for a few minutes to decide if I wanted to just rip the tape off of all of the other doors on my white car. My immediate impression was that it would not look good.

On my first attempt, the tape wrinkled at the bottom where it meets the molding. Having done a lot of vinyl graphics, it occurred to me that when the molding pushes on the freshly installed tape, the tape's adhesive has not yet cured, allowing the molding to push on it, making the wrinkles that are common on this car. I bought and installed another set of window tape, and let the tape cure for a week before I put the molding back on. No wrinkles. Sucky part is that you have to destroy the molding to remove it, can't be reused.
    Last edited by Gone in 60; 07-20-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12