Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Still Sticking and Engaging when clutch petal fully pressed after replacing slave and clutch

Hey guys, a month a go my clutch petal started sticking to the floor but i would pop it back up. That last a week until i could no longer pop it back up and could no longer start the car. A small repair shop has replace the slave and the actual clutch but the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated. Im outside of the bumper to bumper warranty. But since its not the slave or the clutch maybe I can still get it covered under powertrain.

TIA

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, a month a go my clutch petal started sticking to the floor but i would pop it back up. That last a week until i could no longer pop it back up and could no longer start the car. A small repair shop has replace the slave and the actual clutch but the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated. Im outside of the bumper to bumper warranty. But since its not the slave or the clutch maybe I can still get it covered under powertrain.

TIA
Clutch/shift cables? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Before it went to the shop it started leaking a little brake fluid onto the clutch petal

Before it went to the shop it started leaking a little brake fluid onto the clutch petal
How do the brakes feel? If the seal on the pushrod is going bad, you could be leaking brake fluid into the vacuum booster. Seeing as the vacuum booster/master cylinder are located in the vicinity of the clutch pedal (engine side, obviously) maybe have a look at that.

Isn't there also a pedal return spring on the pedal assembly? If so, is the spring still there? Does it look nice and tight, or worn and loose? Are the mounting points broken?

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
Brakes feel normal. The spring should be there it returns just fine in shifting gears 3-6. I'm going to try and replace the clutch master cylinder myself and bleed the system again and see if that works. The only ford dealership in 50 miles is booked up for 3 weeks.

Brakes feel normal. The spring should be there it returns just fine in shifting gears 3-6. I'm going to try and replace the clutch master cylinder myself and bleed the system again and see if that works. The only ford dealership in 50 miles is booked up for 3 weeks.
Barf. Good luck, keep us posted with your findings!

OP
R
Thread Starter #7
Bleed the clutch. Fluid has white flakes in it. Bleed to clean fluid but still losing pressure when holding the clutch in for longer then 10 seconds. New clutch master cylinder next hopefully that's not to bad