Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's Everyone Using?

Jerickson88

Turtle wax Zipwash, soft bristle brush for paint. Purple Power on the wheels, then new bucket of suds to scrub wheels. Purple power under the hood when I have the pressure washer out.

I'm gonna take it to a local guy before the winter to have it fully detailed. I detailed for a few years, and loathe it now entirely. I have found new bad habits.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got this Bitch in my repatoire .....Best wash bucket ever.

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-67255CSTBUC-Ultimate-Bucket/dp/B00469HOOG/ref=asc_df_B00469HOOG/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207577488828&psc=1

First detail on it 2 weeks into ownership went like this
- Foam cannon spray clean with wash mit (had to remove the caked on dirt it already got from thrashing it on some back roads with my buddy)
- AMMO hydrate drying aid. Stuff is amazing.
- Removed any coatings with a 20% isopropyl alcohol mix
- One coating of power lock plus
- Two coatings of Collinite 845

This is the most obsessive I've ever gotten about detailing. It was amazing starting off on a new car with a clean slate. Also kind of overwhelming. I got a lot of my advice from https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/jescar-power-lock-plus-polymer-paint-sealant. The end result was honestly incredible. It shines way more now than it did brand new from the dealership.

Last edited:
download.jpg
I've since switched to this stuff. AMAZING results, super easy to use once you've established a good base layer (watch the Meguiars youtube video) and it's kinda fun to use too. You basically wax the car while giving it a second rinse. It's okay on glass but I still go over the glass with Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner for best results.

Reading through this thread, am I the only knucklehead that uses a leaf blower to dry off my car? The neighbors probably think I'm nuts.

Last time I used Blackfire topped with their wax and it's been holding up well so far. I've yet to break out the Porter Cable DA as I need to grab some new pads dedicated for this car. I also have some other on-hand products, such as Chemical Bros EZ creme glaze and such that I'll get around to trying. When the weather gets better I'll clay bar it for this car's first time.

Seems a lot of people use Collinite here...seemed to get great reviews on Autogeek, etc also - may have to give that a try next time.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
For car wash I like duragloss it is a small company and is made in Burlington North Carolina. Very concentrated cleans well and adds gloss. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095ZLGFO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I recently bought a dual action polisher I have used it on three cars now. The product I like using with it is 3D speed all in one polish. It is a fantastic one step polish it will remove the swirls that you see in paint from washing over time especially the people that go through the drive-through car washes. Super easy to use with a dual action polisher I don't think it could ever do any damage to your paint and it doesn't stain plastic. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081KXJO0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Collinite 845 is a great wax. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JK2D06?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

For a quick detailer I like chemical guys vo7. I buy it by the gallon and I cut it in half with distilled water. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UPZXI0/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_MI4KEbVDZCBJT

When it comes to Clay barring a car I find that individual clay bars give the best results but can be very time-consuming. I do have a chemical guys clay mitt and it does work well much faster than a bar.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Reading through this thread, am I the only knucklehead that uses a leaf blower to dry off my car? The neighbors probably think I'm nuts.

Last time I used Blackfire topped with their wax and it's been holding up well so far. I've yet to break out the Porter Cable DA as I need to grab some new pads dedicated for this car. I also have some other on-hand products, such as Chemical Bros EZ creme glaze and such that I'll get around to trying. When the weather gets better I'll clay bar it for this car's first time.

Seems a lot of people use Collinite here...seemed to get great reviews on Autogeek, etc also - may have to give that a try next time.
Nope, I use a cheap leaf blower that I use specifically just for drying my car off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, Ive been using one for years. Does a fantastic job. Yeah, the neighbors give me the oddest looks

I park in the street and my yard has sprinklers so the car gets bad water spots, I didnā€™t wash my car for a month and I was scared the spots were etched into the clear coat but with some elbow grease and some 3D Erased Water Spot Remover it took care of it wonderfully. Then I washed it with chemical guys honeydew soap and used turtle wax wet wax ceramic coat. I probably will be switching to turtle wax ice spray wax soon

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I park in the street and my yard has sprinklers so the car gets bad water spots, I didnā€™t wash my car for a month and I was scared the spots were etched into the clear coat but with some elbow grease and some 3D Erased Water Spot Remover it took care of it wonderfully. Then I washed it with chemical guys honeydew soap and used turtle wax wet wax ceramic coat. I probably will be switching to turtle wax ice spray wax soon
Ice spray wax....I have had a poor EXP with it. just an FYI. Their ceramic specific stuff though is very good!

Last edited:

Fiestig

Reading through this thread, am I the only knucklehead that uses a leaf blower to dry off my car?
Nope, you are not alone. 95% of my drying is leaf blower and finish up with a fine microfiber cloth. But still proudly 100% knucklehead(y) And as a bonus my neighbors are completely aware that I am in fact, quite nuts.:LOL:

Collinite is the best finisher by far. Just have to make sure to warm the bottle before use and have an understanding that it doesn't last too awful long. But it is great while it lasts

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Their 476 paste does last a bit longer than the liquid 845, but yeah, it's also 10x harder to apply and remove, even if done a small section at a time. [:(]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Nope, you are not alone. 95% of my drying is leaf blower and finish up with a fine microfiber cloth. But still proudly 100% knucklehead(y) And as a bonus my neighbors are completely aware that I am in fact, quite nuts.:LOL:

Collinite is the best finisher by far. Just have to make sure to warm the bottle before use and have an understanding that it doesn't last too awful long. But it is great while it lasts
I always felt 845 lasted waaayyy longer than other waxes I've used personally. I always do 2 coats w/ 12h cure between