Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's Everyone Using?

Hi All,

Curious to know what you're all using and what you've had the most success with. I recently just upgraded my inventory thanks to chemical guys 25% off 4th of July sale. Just recently I detailed my molten orange FiSt using their v36 compound, v38 polish, wet mirror glaze, sealed with Jet Seal, and then a layer of their buttery wet wax. All products were applied using a TorqX DA polisher with their hexlogic pads (orange, white, and black).

I used Sonax Perfect Finish on a Rupes 21 w/ 7" Lake Country pads when I first got the car. Haven't polished since, but it will probably be time to do a touch-up polish next spring.

I've maintained w/ Lusso Auto Bath car soap, 3 bucket method (2 paint/1 wheel bucket) and Collonite #845 w/ Kenotek Showroom Shine to help remove the wax.

Wash once a week, wax every other.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Chemical guys gloss works wash. Is my go-to car wash. I have black light, white light, butter wax, jet seal and many more chemical guy products. I have never truly polished before I just don't have the time or energy right now. I wash my car to keep it clean. I use some type of wax twice a year. When I feel like there's a need I clay bar.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
So far I love the chemical guys products. The only think I may switch to is the Lake Country Pads. I've heard great things about them and really wasn't impressed by the Orange Hexlogic Cutting Pad. I'm also considering going to a microfiber pad for cutting, mostly to save time. All of what I did the other day took a solid 8 hours, not counting interior.

XanRules

McKee's 37 Extreme Foam with a foam gun + two-bucket wash with Poorboy's World Natty's Blue wax. Car has been well enough maintained that I haven't needed harder polishes or anything.

Just got a bottle of chem guys VRP and am impressed by its performance in reviving VRP things like all the plastic trim bits and even tire sidewalls

anticon

I use the Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam with a foam gun and two bucket wash with grit guards and microfiber mits. After Iron-X and a clay mitt, I used Klasse All-in-one, then a couple layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze spaced a week or two apart. Then three layers of Collinite 845 spaced a week or two apart. I obviously rewashed thoroughly before each application of sealant glaze and wax.

Now I just mostly foam cannon and two bucket wash to maintain, I throw on another layer of collinite every other month or so. At some point I may strip it and reapply, but so far so good.

Here was my process;

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16382-I-thought-I-knew-how-to-wash-a-car?p=286589&viewfull=1#post286589

I've used quite an assortment on my car throughout the years. This year I got it profesionally detailed and ceramic coated. I use adam's car shampoo to wash it and chemical guys carbon quick detailer to maintain the paint.

Glass gets meguiar's glass cleaner, trim gets Adam's VRT, tires get meguiar's tire shine.

I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my recaros, adam's eco interior cleaner for the trim panels.

Anything Adamā€™s or Griots. I really canā€™t wait to try out Griots new Surface Foaming and Poly Gloss.

Iā€™ve slowly been giving away my Chemical guys stuff for free over the past couple months. Think all I have left is a bottle of their wax and a bottle of slick shine, and donā€™t want either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just stick to the 'old school' Collinite 845 ~twice a month, (and the Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant once a year).

303, or Megs Natural Shine for the interior, and Gummi Pflege for the weather seals.

Last edited:

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
My car has been paint corrected and sealed with Ceramic coating.

That was a year ago when it was new and had 58k less miles. Last week I finally did a Iron X and CG ceramic coating booster. Feel in love with the paint again

My maintenance washes are bad lol. Just foam it down and use one mit then rinse it off. No buckets or anything lol. I stopped caring so much. But the paint and coating is so strong that after 58k there are hardly any swirls still

Oh and for soap I use CG ceramic coating soap

OP
K
Thread Starter #19
Good to hear all the responses! I'm really wanting to try some of the Mckee's 37 products. I'm hoping to maintain the car very well now that I have all the corrections I wanted to do out of the way. I'll still probably seal and wax every couple months, however I'll probably move towards an all-in-one product. I have plans to do some local detailing and want to offer a show appearance paint on my personal vehicles.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
When I am in a hurry and can't wait for the dirt to fall off.
I just go to my special place.

Dave