Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's Everyone Using?

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I've got lots of stuff for mine. I've got two different buffers one Rotary, one da, depends on where/what I'm working on which one is used. Multiple different compounds/polishes. Pretty much everything I need to make my car look perfect, buutttt I'm too lazy to take the time to detail it. I was finally able to wash it 3 weeks ago for the first time in months.

If o my I wasn't so lazy, and we'll, the fact I detail cars for work doesn't help either.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #24
I think the next time I restock I'm going to try some of his products. He seems to have the most knowledge regarding detailing that I've ever seen and 100% trust his products.

CSM

1000 Post Club
My Process:
  • Two Bucket Wash with Chemical Guys CWS_101 for heavy washes, or Two Bucket Wash (w/ grit guards) with Optimum No Rinse for Maintenance wash. I use Costco brand microfibers.
  • Full towel dry and inspection. Re-wash sections with ONR if needed.
  • Meguiars Clay bar with Optimum No Rinse as lubricant
  • If polishing, I prefer Meguiars M205 with Lake Country Hex Pads (two applications, orange then gray). I have M105 on hand too but its too aggressive for my FiST. Orange pad +M205 is easy to work with and gets rid of 90+% of swirls.
  • Finish with Griots red wax pad + Collinite 845, one coat if maintenance wax or 2 coats if annual polish

My DA is a harbor freight. Its cheap and has worked just fine for me. I use 6" pads.

Yesterday I did:

-Chemical Guys Clean Slate soap
-V36 polish + green pad
-Blacklight glaze + white pad
-Butter Wet Wax + black pad
Meguiars Quik Detailer

I watched a youtube video a while back where a dude who uses V07 detailer religiously, compared it to Meguiars. Meguiars to his surprise, and surprisingly showed on video, a deeper richer black. It's also way cheaper so I'm gona stick with that and occasionally the Quik Wax.

I'm not super worried about sealant since I'm glazing AND waxing, and most glazes are also sealants in a sense anyway. Also the Butter Wet Wax is so stupid easy, the next few times I use it will be on a wet car right after a wash. I dig that, i can skip most of the drying process.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Yesterday I did:

-Chemical Guys Clean Slate soap
-V36 polish + green pad
-Blacklight glaze + white pad
-Butter Wet Wax + black pad
Meguiars Quik Detailer

I watched a youtube video a while back where a dude who uses V07 detailer religiously, compared it to Meguiars. Meguiars to his surprise, and surprisingly showed on video, a deeper richer black. It's also way cheaper so I'm gona stick with that and occasionally the Quik Wax.

I'm not super worried about sealant since I'm glazing AND waxing, and most glazes are also sealants in a sense anyway. Also the Butter Wet Wax is so stupid easy, the next few times I use it will be on a wet car right after a wash. I dig that, i can skip most of the drying process.

Awesome! got any results photos?

Awesome! got any results photos?
Unfortunately no, i was really pooped afterwards, also there wasn't any real improvement visually, it just felt much slicker after the polish.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Unfortunately no, i was really pooped afterwards, also there wasn't any real improvement visually, it just felt much slicker after the polish.

V07 is great I buy it by the gallon, and it can be diluted as well. Blacklight is great also. It really cleaned up my dad's old Ford ranger.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I really like V07 as well, and i extra like that they now have a whole line of stuff; soap, wax AND detailer [emoji4]. But, here's that video i mentioned:

https://youtu.be/hIr683nvkGc

I don't wana burst anyone's Chemical Guys bubble, because I'm in one too, but even this dedicated user was shocked!

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
V07 is great I buy it by the gallon, and it can be diluted as well. Blacklight is great also. It really cleaned up my dad's old Ford ranger.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Blacklight has got to be one of the easiest detailing products I've ever used. I've never had anything go on so easy and come off so easy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

XanRules

I've been using Natty's Blue Paste wax for a long time and I love the sheen, but the durability just doesn't stand up to the Pacific Northwest rains. Was recommended Collinite 835 instead, will report with results when it's not 30 out.

Blacklight has got to be one of the easiest detailing products I've ever used. I've never had anything go on so easy and come off so easy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Same with the Butter Wet Wax---and it's such a forgiving product, i use it straight after a wash, right onto a wet car!

Zormecteon

I've been using Griots's products for years. ... .. and Collinite for the past couple as well. This Fall I put Griot's Polywax on the Fiesta and Collinite 476 on the Miata for a winter comparison test. .. I started using Griot's WASH and WAX this summer and like the results, but during winter I use Griots' Waterless car wash. I've been looking at Chemical Guys' Waterless Wash and Wax and had it in my Amazon cart when I ran across .. William's Racing Waterless Wash and Wax. .. Some is only available shipped from Europe from (from Fuugo as far as I can tell ) but shipping is nearly the cost of the product itself. Amazon does have ONE of their products, still shipped from Europe but at least shipping isn't a killer. . We'll see if it's any good. ..

CSM

1000 Post Club
Did a quick polish/wax sesh this weekend:
  • Two bucket wash with Chemical Guys CWS_101
  • Meguairs Clay Bar using Optimum No Rinse as lubricant
  • Quick spray and wipe with Optimum No Rinse as a Quick Detailer....Towel Dry
  • Meguiars M205 + Orange Lake Country CCS Pad - Single Pass using Harbor Freight DA at full speed
  • ISP Spray and Wipe
  • Collinite 845 + Griots Red Wax Pad - Single coat with Harbor Freight DA set to speed 2

Happy with the results! Still some swirls left but most are gone. I think next time I am going to do a single pass with M105 (heavier cutting compound) with Orange Pads, followed by M205 polish with White pads. Then several coats of 845 to seal.

Looking to pick up some products for a full detail on my car. I’m completely new to this but I’m interested in doing it myself.

Anyone have a link to a video or more information that breaks down the different stages of the detail process and which products to use?

I’ve looked up a lot of the products mentioned in the reply’s so far but can’t decide which to go with.

I have a black FIST

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Looking to pick up some products for a full detail on my car. I’m completely new to this but I’m interested in doing it myself.

Anyone have a link to a video or more information that breaks down the different stages of the detail process and which products to use?

I’ve looked up a lot of the products mentioned in the reply’s so far but can’t decide which to go with.

I have a black FIST

Thanks!!
Lots of videos on the Chemical Guys' site

ROCKYFiestta

advance auto has a deal on griots products buy one get one half off I may just get the complete set also if you buy 2 items you get the synthetic clay bar for free it was 25 bucks too [like]

I've been using Griot's products for over 20 years. I don't mind supporting a good, local company. I typically use Griot's wash/clay/polish and carnuba wax with a bundle of microfiber mitts and towels on all of my cars. I also polish and wax the wheels. Very happy with the results and protection. I even use their products on Jet Skis, boat and stand-up paddle boards.[thumb]

20190328_131758.jpg