Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should i get an AP through Mountune, Stratified, or Cobb

Been considering getting an AP lately and just don't which route I want to go yet. Pro's and Con's from people that actually have it. Bought the FiST for the wife but still want it go fast even if I drive it just two times out of the week. She still doesn't understand performance and why I want this, this and this for the FiST. We have access to 93 with up 30% ethanol. 91 with up to 10% ethanol and E85 if that matters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anticon

I got mine used, but I'm pretty sure I got a really good deal. I figure with a used one you can always just buy a separate tune from stratified, jst, or dizzy, etc or use the stock cobb tunes. I got mine for $300 for a well maintained AP with all the original packaging (even stickers), and an A-pillar mount. It even came with a Stratified Stage 1 tune (RMM and Panel Filter). The guy was a motivated seller I guess. He even set it up in my car and waited for the ECU to flash and showed me how to use it and set up the gauges. We chatted for a while about our FiST's, he had a nice one but had to swap for a truck.

I will say if you want to sell it to your wife, you can tell her that you can now monitor the engine better with the gauge options, e.g. ignition correction, turbo pressure, oil temp, charge air temp, etc.

HBEcoBeaST

I got my AP from stratified with their E30 tune. If you can get e85 do it! The power difference between 93 and E30 on a stock FiST is insane.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Been considering getting an AP lately and just don't which route I want to go yet. Pro's and Con's from people that actually have it. Bought the FiST for the wife but still want it go fast even if I drive it just two times out of the week. She still doesn't understand performance and why I want this, this and this for the FiST. We have access to 93 with up 30% ethanol. 91 with up to 10% ethanol and E85 if that matters.

If you can get one with a bundled deal from a tuner with a Flash tune other than Cobbs OTC id say roll out....Anything is better than stock...anyone tells you otherwise they have been hitting the pipe too much lately. When I bought mine I thought it was a lot to spend but when I look back it was a necessary piece of the puzzle to get where I needed to be today anyways ...plus it was a night and day Improvement.....NOT just a Butt Dyno either! [rockon]

I had a used one for a while with Cobb OTS tunes. Once I had some more money available, I sold that one and bought a new one from Mountune that came with a custom tune and filter included in the price (I was buying some other Mountune things at the time). I didn't research too much on the other tuners, but I'm happy with my current tune. It might be cheaper for you if you find a used AP for $300 and just buy a custom tune from your choice of tuner.

The tuner I bought my AP from gave me a discount on dyno time since I bought the device through them. This would of course depend on your area and what you have available to you.

zanethan

Ordered mine through Mountune. Code winning gets you $50 off right now. Although I ordered almost 2 weeks ago and it's still "processing".

HBEcoBeaST

Ordered mine through Mountune. Code winning gets you $50 off right now. Although I ordered almost 2 weeks ago and it's still "processing".
Good luck. Took them 2 weeks to contact me just to say they were out of stock. This is after repeated emails and calls.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I ship AP's at that price all the time
in 24-48 hours max
message me

Mine took a while, also. Keep in mind that they actually set up each one before they get sent out (update the software, load your custom base tune based on your selections, etc.). It's not as simple as "pull off shelf and put in box". I don't know how many they go thru a day, but I'm sure it adds up.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Good luck. Took them 2 weeks to contact me just to say they were out of stock. This is after repeated emails and calls.

Mountune customer service is nonexistent. Get the AP from Stratified. Their tune is much better than Mountune anyway.

OP
purityracer316
Thread Starter #12
Mountune customer service is nonexistent. Get the AP from Stratified. Their tune is much better than Mountune anyway.

That's what I've been leaning towards recently after watching the tunes that are out there. But videos you can't really tell. Or I'll just get all my supported ups first then get the accessport. So i only have to get a custom tune once.

OP
purityracer316
Thread Starter #13
I ordered through Stratified. Does it come with Cobb ots also?

Ordered through Mountune and approx 2 weeks received unit. I’m also on the east coast. I have contacted them on a couple of occasions and have yet to have an issue.

Ordered through mountune as well, took about 9 working days to get it. Loading your map is the delay.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Bought mine through Mountune as well. Bought in a pacakge on sale with discounts on top. Saved a good amount of money on it. Took about a week or so to get it. Running Randys tunes right now. Will probably go to Dizzy for a E30.

I got my ap from mountune as well. It's the best deal imo as I got the rmm, air filter, and ap combo. Also Randy has been great even post tune answering any emails I send him. I trust getting a tune from Mountune the most as they are pretty much ford performance oem.

I ordered through Stratified. Does it come with Cobb ots also?

Yes the Cobb OTS maps will come preloaded.

The stratified flash tunes you receive through email after you’ve installed the AP3 on your FiST, verified the serial number, and filled out and returned the tuning form to them.

Then you load the flash tune onto the AP3 through your PC, hook up to your car, and flash the ecu.

Maybe you knew all that but I did not before I purchased and went through the process.

After that it’s WOT and all smiles.

One thing with Stratified. I’m pretty sure I had to pay an import tariff on top of standard taxes because they are located in Canada. So it got a bit pricey with all that and adding the e30 tune. Still totally worth it.