Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports Crossover Pipe Install and Review

Trader history for pirite (0)

So to start off, the fitment is on point as always. The quality is awesome, and the price is even better!
Buy it HERE
Spool times seem faster, Peak boost was .4 psi higher than my normal and charge temps were completely unaffected.
Skip to Step 9 for pictures of the part

Install Difficulty: Easy (keep in mind I'm a full time mechanic, if it takes you longer then it takes a little longer)
Install Time: 45 Min
Tools needed: 1/4" ratchet, 7mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, Screwdriver/panel tool, T30, phillips screw driver.

Step 1:
Remove engine cover.

Step 2:
Unclip breather tube.
Squeeze both sides and wiggle out.

Step 3:
Remove wipers
Pull the covers off the nuts, remove the 15mm nuts, give em a jiggle and remove.

Step 4:
Remove upper section of wiper cowl
Remove the 6 clips using the screw driver or panel tool

Step 5:
Remove the headlights (been covered many times so no pictures) with the T30 torex bit and phillips screw driver.

Step 6:
Remove the lower section of the wiper cowl
Four 10mm bolts
Two are hidden under the headlights

Two are visible when the top section of the cowl is removed

Un-clip the EVAP hose from its holder and remove the cowl by pulling towards the front of the car

Step 7:
Remove the 10mm nut and the 12mm stud from the valve cover

Use the 7mm to loosed the clamps at either end of the stock crossover pipe.
Pull up after removing the stock intake tube from the air box.

Step 8:
Transfer the bushings out of the old pipe into the new pipe.
Push the metal sleeves out and the pull them out, install them in the new pipe.

Step 9:
Look at the glorious part you are about to install on your car

Step 10:
Install the pipe, start with both clamps just tight enough to hold themselves in place on the coupler, start by pressing the coupler onto the turbo intake elbow (or upgrade yours with the Whoosh Turbo Inlet) and line up the one bushing over the stud on the valve cover.
Keep the intake tube from the air box out of your way for now till you get the pipe firmly seated onto the stud.
Install the stud and the nut to hold the pipe in its correct location, slide the intake from the air box onto the pipe and tighten that clamp with the 7mm socket.

Step 11:
The fun part. Tighten both clamps on the coupler with the 7mm socket.
Superman across your engine bay and do this with your left hand while holding the clamps in place with your right hand, I promise there's room to do this.
Note: marks on pipe are from me, i received it well packaged with no marks or scuffs at all.

Step 12:
Click the breather tube into the new cross over pipe. It will take some force, and push until it clicks.
If you're having some issues, use some intake cleaner to lubricate the o-ring, it'll help it slide in.

Step 13:
Re-install all removed parts in reverse order.
Look closely at the windshield and you'll see marks in the glass to line the wipers back up to their original location.

Step 14:
Enjoy!

Fitment on this is on point, no rubbing, no twisting, and no modification needed

Any questions on the install, or any other issues post em up and I'll be glad to help you out!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Is the spooling faster just placebo effect? Or are crossovers actually proven to help spool speed?

Also, the 0.4psi could just be random. There are some days my car will hit peak boost at 23.03psi then the next day hit 23.53psi. Not knocking the product by any means just curious.

OP
pirite
Thread Starter #5
Is the spooling faster just placebo effect? Or are crossovers actually proven to help spool speed?

Also, the 0.4psi could just be random. There are some days my car will hit peak boost at 23.03psi then the next day hit 23.53psi. Not knocking the product by any means just curious.
The faster spool time wasn’t really noticed by feel, I saw my normal boost numbers faster on my AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
absolutely awesome write up as usual!

This pipe is a great affordable upgrade over the stock plastic crossover pipe for just $99
2.75" aluminum tubing throughout !
As you can see from the write up this will fit perfectly with the OEM induction hose or any aftermarket silicone induction hose / short ram intake kit!

Link to purchase>>>https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/copy-of-ramair-ford-fiesta-st-2014-2017-crossover-pipe-kit

Bluedrank

I might have to consider this for the future. I bought one of the first batches of the ramair crossover pipe from whoosh but it was the design that didn't fit the pcv fitting properly. I ended up grinding it down and cutting a bit but still never felt like it was properly fitting after that. so I got rid of it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I might have to consider this for the future. I bought one of the first batches of the ramair crossover pipe from whoosh but it was the design that didn't fit the pcv fitting properly. I ended up grinding it down and cutting a bit but still never felt like it was properly fitting after that. so I got rid of it.
the typical crossover fitment issues have been addressed, clearances and the fitting for the PCV "click" really nice

OP
pirite
Thread Starter #13
Damn dude, you took apart WAY more stuff than I did to install!!
Nice write up!
i like to make my life easier if at all possible.
and under an hour doing it that way with room to get the clamps positioned how i wanted was worth it alone.

Might have to get this since it looks like all the kinks have been worked out from the ramair one. What year was this installed on?

felopr

dizzy from dizzy tunes proved at the dyno that a crossover pipe does have a performance increase.

felopr

Might have to get this since it looks like all the kinks have been worked out from the ramair one. What year was this installed on?
I have the updated version of the ramair crossover pipe and fitted like a glove.
I could have sworn if this wasn't the whoosh branded one, it be the ramair one since they look the same

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've left the labor day special in place for a little longer......probably until the end of this weekend

grab them while you can at this price!
it's a great deal!
[hihi]