Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Local FiST crash
12 Likes

  1. #1
    Member 108 Rep Points Business6's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8028
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    South Jordan
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    108


    1 Likes

    Local FiST crash

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Lot of motorcyclists have died this summer around here and unfortunately a FiST was involved in this one:

    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46366110&ni...ision-in-sandy

    I know it's easy to place blame on either the person in the car or the guy on the bike but just watch out. Don't want that hanging over your head for the rest of your life along with potential charges.
    Stop using Photobucket to host your images!
    Now: 2014 Molten Orange
    Then: 04 Miata, 00 Miata, 91 Miata, etc etc

  2. #2
    New Member 10 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9100
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Roseville
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    10


    Quote Originally Posted by Business6 View Post
    Lot of motorcyclists have died this summer around here and unfortunately a FiST was involved in this one:

    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46366110&ni...ision-in-sandy

    I know it's easy to place blame on either the person in the car or the guy on the bike but just watch out. Don't want that hanging over your head for the rest of your life along with potential charges.
    How awful.

    I've seen it happen before - it's much more difficult to judge the distance and speed of oncoming cars in the dark, with traffic. People think they have time to make that left turn, and the motorcycles have no choice but to t-bone the car.

    Once drove past two corpses around the corner from my house. Two guys were riding pretty fast (way over the limit) down the street aside from one another and the old lady misjudged pulling a left in to her driveway. They both smashed right into her.

    If you ride, assume these things are ALWAYS about to happen and ride accordingly. Happens way too often.

  3. #3
    Senior Member 879 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    235
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    879


    2 Likes

    As someone who also rides motorcycles I find the general cage driving population are boneheads and oblivious to riders and what the inherent dangers are for a motorcyclist. If one doesn't ride, then they simply don't know what it's like to straddle a machine between your legs. Whether the driver or the rider is right or wrong, the rider usually always gets hurt or loses their life, many cage drivers don't care or seem to understand that.

  4. #4
    Member 161 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    2876
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vienna
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    161


    3 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    As someone who also rides motorcycles I find the general cage driving population are boneheads and oblivious to riders and what the inherent dangers are for a motorcyclist. If one doesn't ride, then they simply don't know what it's like to straddle a machine between your legs. Whether the driver or the rider is right or wrong, the rider usually always gets hurt or loses their life, many cage drivers don't care or seem to understand that.
    Eh, that's a bit of a stretch. What makes you think other drivers aren't aware of the dangers of riding a motorcycle? There's a reason most people don't ride motorcycles. It's fucking dangerous. If you accept that risk, more power to you. Regardless of what may have happened in this individual accident, you can't blame drivers for the vulnerability inherent to riding a motorcycle. Some of these kinds of accidents are the fault of the car driver, some the rider, and some both. You're right that the motorcyclist is going to 'lose' in these collisions, but to me that is just an argument for being a cautious rider and being aware that you are harder for others to see. Drivers can't avoid what they can't see (or what they see when it's too late). Even in the FiST I assume anyone in a truck or big SUV can't see me and act accordingly.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 879 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    235
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    879


    Quote Originally Posted by Joker328 View Post
    Eh, that's a bit of a stretch. What makes you think other drivers aren't aware of the dangers of riding a motorcycle? There's a reason most people don't ride motorcycles. It's fucking dangerous. If you accept that risk, more power to you. Regardless of what may have happened in this individual accident, you can't blame drivers for the vulnerability inherent to riding a motorcycle. Some of these kinds of accidents are the fault of the car driver, some the rider, and some both. You're right that the motorcyclist is going to 'lose' in these collisions, but to me that is just an argument for being a cautious rider and being aware that you are harder for others to see. Drivers can't avoid what they can't see (or what they see when it's too late). Even in the FiST I assume anyone in a truck or big SUV can't see me and act accordingly.
    it's an opinion, it's my opinion based on my own experiences and wisdom.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 538 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8838
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    538


    Quote Originally Posted by Joker328 View Post
    Eh, that's a bit of a stretch. What makes you think other drivers aren't aware of the dangers of riding a motorcycle? There's a reason most people don't ride motorcycles. It's fucking dangerous. If you accept that risk, more power to you. Regardless of what may have happened in this individual accident, you can't blame drivers for the vulnerability inherent to riding a motorcycle. Some of these kinds of accidents are the fault of the car driver, some the rider, and some both. You're right that the motorcyclist is going to 'lose' in these collisions, but to me that is just an argument for being a cautious rider and being aware that you are harder for others to see. Drivers can't avoid what they can't see (or what they see when it's too late). Even in the FiST I assume anyone in a truck or big SUV can't see me and act accordingly.
    Your argument has its merits except most drivers don’t even look for motorcylists. I lost one of my best friends for this very reason. He was coming down a street and a women pulled a u trun in from of him without looking . He swerved to avoid her she saw after the turn and shut the door on him by moving across into his path he went into a slide and his bike high sided. He got tossed against a park car and died of internal injuries at the scene. Had she been paying attention and watching she would have seen him coming before causing the accident.

    Fact is I have seen this kind of stuff way to much. Most drivers just don’t watch and whats worse is no one is ever instructed to in drivers ed courses. I know no one taught me. I learned because I had friends that rode in high school.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

  7. #7
    Senior Member 982 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    3563
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rich-fizzield
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,411
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    982


    2 Likes

    In the end....It doesn't matter how good of a motorcyclist you are or how long you have been riding. Its the Idiots on their phones....not checking mirrors or just plain inattentive driving. This is why I will not OWN a motor cycle and hesitate to ride in a non controlled environment if I wanna ride one. Its unfortunate that someone lost their life and the FiST driver will most likely be traumatized for their life. Even driving a car these days you must be defensive and aggressive due to the Morons driving....Drinking their Brawndo and on their devices..reading books...shaving...putting makeup on. All that shit can wait till you stop. Its a vicious cycle and its most likely never going to stop.
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

  8. #8
    Member 98 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    6043
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chesapeake
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    98


    2 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    As someone who also rides motorcycles I find the general cage driving population are boneheads and oblivious to riders and what the inherent dangers are for a motorcyclist. If one doesn't ride, then they simply don't know what it's like to straddle a machine between your legs. Whether the driver or the rider is right or wrong, the rider usually always gets hurt or loses their life, many cage drivers don't care or seem to understand that.
    I agree with you in most aspects here, but I think it also needs to be clarified that this doesn't just apply to the general population not paying attention to motorcycles, it's paying attention to anyone else on the road in general. I love my technology as much as the next person, but drivers in general have become a nightmare. People aren't paying attention, they aren't using turn signals and they seem completely oblivious to the world around them. The worst part is, we have laws that say "no text and driving" or "no talking on the phone and driving" etc... but manufacturers just keep adding more tech into vehicles that provide more sources for distraction.

    I've been riding for 10+ years now and I have finally decided to sell my current bike and give it up. I just haven't even felt safe on my last couple rides and have almost been hit from the rear and the side, almost run off the road, or had to take drastic evasion to avoid hitting cars pulling out in front of me. 90% of the time it's someone with phone in hand, swerving around, doing their makeup, etc. Hell I almost go merged into by a guy trying to eat a breakfast sandwich while driving with his elbow and holding his cup in the other hand, no blinker just came on over then honked at me like it was my fault for being in my land cruising in a straight line.

    I used to think the guys on bikes who acted like assholes and went in and out of traffic at crazy speeds or white lined, or went around everyone were the problem as they gave the rest of us on sport bikes a bad rap, but slowly my opinion has shifted and I know in my current living area I feel like I'm on borrowed time everytime I ride.

  9. #9
    Member 70 Rep Points captainmorbid's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8472
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Edmonton
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    70


    1 Likes

    Easy solution for distracted drivers, take away the airbags, collapsable steering columns, ABS, stability control, radial tires, safety glass, stop stitch welding and go back to nuts and bolts. Raise speed limits 20%(solves the distracted pedestrian issue), dispose of ALL the traffic control signage and lights. Supply free wi-fi, with unlimited data plans.

    That would solve all the things, plus no need for expensive driverless tech, the first 3 days would have everyone driving like death is their co-pilot.

    Yes, I also ride motorcycle, and should be allowed to carry a .50 Desert Eagle while riding... ap rounds..


    Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

  10. #10
    Member 161 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    2876
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Vienna
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    161


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    That escalated quickly.

    Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •