Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else excited for the Veloster N / i30 N?

Turbo 4 2.0, 275HP, 6sp, small hatch, 3,000lbs. And should be well under $30k. With Fiesta gone from the US market, and Focus ST being kind of "meh," this seems like an excellent alternative.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dont even get me going on the latest forbidden fruit the Fastback....but this looks promising. Stupid SUV market in America.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

“Well under 30K” that’s a crazy standard you bought a 20K car. Auto prices are getting out of control. 7+ years on a car loan is irresponsible. Auto loan financing is going to be the next financial bubble to burst.
I will get off my soap box. I like what I’ve read about the i30N but the new Veloster is so big is doesn’t look like it would be agile at all.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
“Well under 30K” that’s a crazy standard you bought a 20K car. Auto prices are getting out of control. 7+ years on a car loan is irresponsible. Auto loan financing is going to be the next financial bubble to burst.
I will get off my soap box. I like what I’ve read about the i30N but the new Veloster is so big is doesn’t look like it would be agile at all.
Yep anything over 5 years is just dumb. My first car I financed for 6 years and I was like does this ever end. I think it will be much more Focus ST like. Think about that price range you have a WRX, GTI, SI.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

It does look a little silly, but the first impressions I've seen/read sound pretty positive. I think I would take it over a current gen FoST, but we'll see what the future holds (if anything). I'm sure it offers a bit more space and performance than the FiST, but it wouldn't really be worth the (expected) price difference to me. I'm guessing it will slot in between a FoST and a GTI price-wise. I'm sure that will be attractive for some people. With the FiST disappearing in NA, I could see myself getting one of these used in a few years for under 20K. Or maybe I'll keep the FiST forever. [rockon]

I like it, even the way it looks. Do I like it enough to get rid of my Fist, probably not. We'll see how things are in a year or two, maybe a lightly used one is in my future because Ford doesn't want my business.

I’m interested to see how it performs when it arrives.

I would expect the quality and refinement to be a step above our current FiST/FoST. Without a doubt I would pick it over the FoST even at a $5k+ premium.

A relative recently purchased a Stinger and its impressive for Kia’s first shot at the German sport sedan segment.

It’s a shame Ford won’t bring the new FiST stateside. I bet it’s a nice overall improvement even with 3 cylinders.

zanethan

We will have to see about the price point but I'm very excited about the N. Also very excited about the Genesis G70 which should start around $35k.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Never liked the Velosters, truthfully outside of the Focus RS and the Fiesta ST there no hot hatches I like or care about. That also goes for FWD. Everything else I am interested in or like is RWD or AWD as it should be. Lol

It is unlikely that the i30N will be sold in US. The Veloster N is a heavy girl and more closely in the Focus ST and RS cat.. Hyundai has done some great things with the N series, however, if you would invest half of how much more the cost would be for an i30n, you could modify your FiST to a level that would outperform ANY Hyundai, any VW, maybe any Honda. Ford held back on the FiST and there is so much more it can be. Also, anybody who chooses that piss blue i30N color doesn't deserve the honor of being punched in the face for making a poor decision, but rather a slap in the back of the head, as if a child has said something disrespectful to his mother. Hate that color.
The
Indeed I am very interested in the N series. It looks very promising. Lets see how the first generation holds up. The Veloster is a good looking car in my opinion. I am looking forward to the 2nd or 3rd generation.

So I actually just sold my Fiesta ST and I am saving up for a large downpayment on one.

Reviewers seem to love it. With the loss of the Fiesta ST, it is really the only other small hatchback in the market and beyond that it checks all the enthusiast boxes:

-Mechanical LSD - Check!
-Pop and bangs + Valved exhaust as standard - Check!
-235mm tires with spring rates designed to work with track tires (source: EE) - Check!
-Selectable on/off rev matching with button on steering wheel - Check!
-Very tunable (European tuners are pumping out 300+ whp with no hardware just a tune) - Check!
-MANUAL - Check!
-Will literally warranty track work - Check!

That is why I will be spending my money on it (if it's priced reasonably). Because those are the things that matter, and with Ford phasing out cars, my support will go to a company that still promotes the things I like.

What was the price you sold your FiST? What are you driving now while waiting for your new Hyundai ( Veloster N, I presume) What is the cost of your new Hyundai? You can easily have installed all the things you have listed as things that come standard with your Hyundai onto, into your Fist. What was it about the FiST that made you want to sell it? So many questions......

What was the price you sold your FiST? What are you driving now while waiting for your new Hyundai ( Veloster N, I presume) What is the cost of your new Hyundai? You can easily have installed all the things you have listed as things that come standard with your Hyundai onto, into your Fist. What was it about the FiST that made you want to sell it? So many questions......
1. I drive a 17' Canyon that I use to tow my 330 whp Miata Time Attack car. I had this before I sold the fiesta.
2. I sold it for $13,695. I bought it for $14,200 2 and a half years ago. I've since put ~20K miles on it.
3. The cost to install those parts (Not sure how you can install Multi-link rear suspension, OEM calibration the rev matches on downshifting, and an electronically controlled mechanical LSD) is unknown because those are things no Fiesta ST has. (Please research the LSD before replying).
4. I loved my Fiesta, but a after while the cheap paint, rusty underside, plastic interior, lackluster infotainment screen and above all else, simply wanting something new led me to make the choice.

Don't kid yourself into thinking I didn't like the Fiesta; however, it appears the N will be a lot of things the Fiesta never was or never will be. The Fiesta is a great car, but people here have a tendency to think it's the second coming...

The post was is reference to the new N series that Hyundai introduced. I responded with honest critique. And you chimed in with a bunch of shite about how bad the Fist is and that you sold yours to buy a new Hyundai. You gave no quotes with respect to the cost of the Hyundai you are striving for. You have not specified what package you have chosen for your new Veloster N ( there are a few). Give facts, respond to the posters question.

The post was is reference to the new N series that Hyundai introduced. I responded with honest critique. And you chimed in with a bunch of shite about how bad the Fist is and that you sold yours to buy a new Hyundai. You gave no quotes with respect to the cost of the Hyundai you are striving for. You have not specified what package you have chosen for your new Veloster N ( there are a few). Give facts, respond to the posters question.
So couple of errors.

1. Me criticizing the ownership of my Fiesta (which I really liked) does not mean I hate it or think it's a bad car. You can criticize something without hating it...

2. You realize we don't yet know how much the Hyundai N costs yet right? So there's physically no way I'll be able to answer that. In fact, depending on the pricing I may go completely a different direction or just hold off all together.

3. None of the packages are out for the Veloster N. Again, I'm not sure where the disconnect is here.

You said that you sold your FiST in order to purchase an N series Hyundai. Correct? I assumed you had knowledge of the cost of the new Veloster N. Maybe you have not driven one considering that your basis for the hype was from reviewers. Have you driven the new Veloster N? Did you get a quote on what the cost would be? Did you consider the multiple packages? Seems to me that your main point in responding to this thread was to bash the FiST. Give answers to what the poster has asked. If you don't have anything that would enlighten anybody, then, well, I am getting tired of this shut with you. I am very impressed with Hyundai N and want to learn more about it. Please post your impressions if you purchase the Veloster......