Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Senior Member 538 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotman2 View Post
    True enough. But, most people do not monitor coolant levels in their late model cars. They also don't have any experience in devising fixes for failing O.E. components.
    I'm not placing blame on the head gasket. I would guess that it is a combination of the high engine bay temps and a bad material spec decision for fittings and connectors. The end result will be a steadily withering supply of 1.0 EB fiesta.

Ya but its not like Ford sold a lot here stateside. Taking that position the percentages could be skewed quite possibly making it look like it is larger problem than it really is. We don’t know.

I just have not heard much in the press about the European 1liter Fiesta’s having problems like was cited here. Also like I said before Ford has sold a record number of them over there.

So it stands to reason Ford of Europe has things pretty well sorted for the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder ST engine.

One has to realize something about manufacturing there is no such thing as 100% perfect on assembly line manufacturing. Its about QC and when because even with good QC some defects do slip through how the situation is handled by the manufacturer.

Now granted most manufacturers want to see a decent number of failures before issuing a recall. Though most stuff is covered by warranty and is why the warranty exists.
    There are outsie circumstances that can come into play of course with say in the case of cars shitty dealerships that screw up. Owners negligence that can contribute.
    Its why manufacters have service schedlues on new cars. Don’t think they don’t know some owners are just dumb and pretty much just get in their car and drive it. Expecting it to just last by just putting gas in it. Lol

I would also hazard to say on that note that most Americans who buy a base Fiesta or the Ecoboost may be prone to being quite Naive about cars in general.
    Granted there was a cadre of Ecoboost purchasers that were enthusiasts but its not like Ford was even attemting to market to them with the whole Eco concept. Lol
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They still put 1.0's in Ecosports here in the states.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Olephart View Post
    It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.
    Funny. I was arguing with some guy online, and he called my FiST a "girl's car."

He was sorta right. http://www.womensworldcoty.com/media...the-year-award

He said real men drive trucks. I told him a real man drives whatever he likes, and doesn't care what other people think.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need proof of 1.0 issues , just head over to fiesta faction forum.

It seemed like every 1.0 with 30k miles was popping heads. Some were on the 3rd head in 60k miles.

Member 81 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    Funny. I was arguing with some guy online, and he called my FiST a "girl's car."

He was sorta right. http://www.womensworldcoty.com/media...the-year-award

He said real men drive trucks. I told him a real man drives whatever he likes, and doesn't care what other people think.
    That's the greatest part about getting older, you really don't care what people think. It's liberating.

Senior Member 258 Rep Points me32's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That new 3cylinder is very impressive. It smoked the prior gen. Just so many improvements over all make it a better performance car out of the box.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olephart View Post
    It's just a result of Ford's new policy to not sell any cars other than Mustangs (meeeh) and Lincolns (narcolepsy), because what Americans want is SUVs and trucks. If you want to vent, go up the street and poke the guy with the Navigator and no kids in the eye, and round the corner to the guy with the F150 that never hauls anything and kick him in the spheres.
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This cloud might have a bit of a silver lining, at least for a while. We have very stout aftermarket support for our cars, and that will take time to build for the new generation. Plus, as others have pointed our above, the 1.5 is unproven. Our 1.6 motor has proven to be very stout. I was talking with Stratified the other day because I was concerned that the version 4.0 E30 tune has bumped peak boost to around 27.8 psi, a number that had me worried. I was assured that the 1.6 is very strong and was told not to worry about the safety of touching such a high boost number. Will the 1.5 be able to survive long-term with an aftermarket tune that has peak boost numbers around 6 psi higher than the stock overboost number? Only time will tell. And that doesn't even touch on the tons of other aftermarket stuff available for our cars.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada S
    1971 Vespa 150 Super
    2017 Honda CB1100 EX

Member 81 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    This cloud might have a bit of a silver lining, at least for a while. We have very stout aftermarket support for our cars, and that will take time to build for the new generation. Plus, as others have pointed our above, the 1.5 is unproven. Our 1.6 motor has proven to be very stout. I was talking with Stratified the other day because I was concerned that the version 4.0 E30 tune has bumped peak boost to around 27.8 psi, a number that had me worried. I was assured that the 1.6 is very strong and was told not to worry about the safety of touching such a high boost number. Will the 1.5 be able to survive long-term with an aftermarket tune that has peak boost numbers around 6 psi higher than the stock overboost number? Only time will tell. And that doesn't even touch on the tons of other aftermarket stuff available for our cars.
    When I purchased my '16 FIST, the stock performance wasn't that critical to me as I knew I'd be modifying it. I just needed to know that the engine was strong and the rest of the car was up to snuff, which it is. It's really a moot point as we can't get this gen FIST anyway, at least for now.

New Member 28 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    [QUOTE=Olephart;311399]
    Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post

OK, you've got to humor me here, I'm 65 years old.......................BAU?
    I believe they meant "bow" as in nautical, maritime lingo, there daddy-o.
    - from another old guy.

I did notice the 2019 has a lighter! Can't tell you how many times I tried to plug a charger in my 2015, and wondered what it would be like to have a lighter. Oh, it weighs less? Oh. Never mind.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast