Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traction Control Preference for Driving on the Street

Traction Control Preference for Driving on the Street

• Traction Control On (I do not press the ESC button)

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Sport Mode (Press ESC Button)

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Traction Control Off (Hold ESC Button for 4 seconds)

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
When you get in your car and the first thing you do after starting it is disabling the stability control, you know you're going to drive like an ass. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you get in your car and the first thing you do after starting it is disabling the stability control, you know you're going to drive like an ass. Just saying.

Possibly for most who do this, but I do that ritual, even when just going to the local supermarket, and driving like a granny past the LEOs who are ALWAYS out on that road, moving AND 'speed trapping' hidden. [wink]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
This is entirely speculation. Don't forget that turning ESC off significantly reduces brake wear. I pretty much drive the same with or without ESC.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
ESC has saved my ass at least once. I just don't like looking at that damn yellow light on my Dash when anything is turned off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I bet you never exceed the posted speed limit. Riiiiiight...?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Driving 5 over is a lot different than hooning on the street and you know it. You can drive a FiST very aggressive without Stability Control kicking in and you know this too. You have to be way past aggressive to need to turn it off. And the one guy mentioned it reduces brake wear...give me a break.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
How about you give us a break with this ESC on street is unsafe already. Assuming everyone with ESC off drives like a maniac is dumb. Say that to the other drivers of cars that have no traction control at all. I guess in your eyes they drive like maniacs too because it is basically the same thing as ESC off...

You need to quit the nonsense already.
Driving 5 over is a lot different than hooning on the street and you know it. You can drive a FiST very aggressive without Stability Control kicking in and you know this too. You have to be way past aggressive to need to turn it off. And the one guy mentioned it reduces brake wear...give me a break.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
How about you give us a break with this ESC on street is unsafe already. Assuming everyone with ESC off drives like a maniac is dumb. Say that to the other drivers of cars that have no traction control at all. I guess in your eyes they drive like maniacs too because it is basically the same thing as ESC off...

You need to quit the nonsense already.

It's like arguing with kids...please read what I said. I never said unsafe. You can't even understand my arguement yet you comment.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
That's why there are race tracks. It'll be too late if you end up injuring or killing someone else but I digress...falling on deaf ears.

Looks like you can't understand your own comments then...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Since you're probably too old to be a kid, troll is probably more appropriate for you.
Yeah that's it. Kids these days...jeez!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Since you're probably too old to be a kid, troll is probably more appropriate for you.

Someone with way more track, performance vehicle testing and high performance driver training than you'll ever have in your lifetime. I used to test 300-400 vehicles at a track every year...I know how to drive and got paid nicely to do so.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
If you say so...
Someone with way more track, performance vehicle testing and high performance driver training than you'll ever have in your lifetime. I used to test 300-400 vehicles at a track every year...I know how to drive and got paid nicely to do so.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
He buys a Fiesta ST to go 5 over and never hoons it on the street. But has never taken it to a track either. I call BS on one of them.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
He buys a Fiesta ST to go 5 over and never hoons it on the street. But has never taken it to a track either. I call BS on one of them.
No track here on Maui, Hawaii. Before I moved here I lived in Southern California for 22 years and was Motor Trend magazine's Road Test Editor. I've taught high performance driving at many different venues across the U.S. and spent at least 1 day a week at a track somewhere either racing, testing or teaching for years. I have the experience and expertise to know what I'm talking about, but if you want to call b.s. tell me about your professional driving resume and knowledge.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Jamie Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, Davide Cironi, and Savage geese are the only Automotive journalist I care about. You have a big ass chip on your shoulder.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
No track here on Maui, Hawaii. Before I moved here I lived in Southern California for 22 years and was Motor Trend magazine's Road Test Editor. I've taught high performance driving at many different venues across the U.S. and spent at least 1 day a week at a track somewhere either racing, testing or teaching for years. I have the experience and expertise to know what I'm talking about, but if you want to call b.s. tell me about your professional driving resume and knowledge.

I know you're FOS and we don't care what you think.