Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TB Performance Torsion Brace install...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I haven't seen this yet....but maybe I missed it. Here is my step by step DIY TB Performance Rear Torsion Bar install.

First step....Proper Tools

Both 19mm deep socket...Wrench & ratchet and a bottle of Anti-seize. Preferably a decade old bottle like mine that never seems to end.

Second step more tools....You can do this on the ground but it would be tight...very tight. I have my Jack and JACKSTAND....I CANT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF A JACKSTAND(S) To properly hold up the vehicle....NEVER...EVER EVER EVER TRUST A HYDRAULIC JACK By Itself! A creeper helps also if you wanna slide instead of slither around and get dirty on your back!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Third step....take the nuts...washers and bolts off the Torsion bar. Slather the bolt up with Anti-seize to help with Corrosion...especially if you live in the salt belt like me. Anything helps in my environment!

Forth step....Install Time! Take just the bolts and one washer on each bolt and put then through from the top on the torsion beam and let them Hang in the holes. Next step install the Bar onto the bolts and put on the washer onto the bolt followed up by the Nylok nut and get the started by hand so the bar will hang. Next step is to Tighten the nut onto the bolt. This nut will have a hard time coming off due to the Nylon insert on it. TIGHTEN them up good....by hand. Not with a power tool as to avoid stripping or cross threading the nut and bolt.

Fifth step....Go out and test it out....come home Crack open a beer and marvel at your accomplishment of Installing The TB performance Rear Torsion Bar. It took me 15 minutes to accomplish this by the way! And I end it with a Gif!

Last edited:
Going to add this to the list of things I"m doing to my car after my "show parts" are done.

As for the write up...

joesiris

Very easy....nicely made product also!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
cool, ill have to check out "TB" I had originally found one I like on CEUK.com (some of the youtube channels I watch use this site a lot) but unfortunately this European based company doesn't seem to ship to the U.S. at least I couldn't get it to. thanks

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
This should pair nicely with the whiteline rear sway I have installed. Gonna also pick up a 4 point front brace aswell as front and rear strut bars.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This should pair nicely with the whiteline rear sway I have installed. Gonna also pick up a 4 point front brace aswell as front and rear strut bars.

I understood that it was either sway bar or torsion bar? I thought that too much rigidity would make the car oversteer.

Pierce Motorsport also makes a torsion bar with a slightly different design.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I agree. I would not run a rear torsion bar and a rear sway bar. The car rotates well enough without any sort of rear stiffener, I certainly wouldn't add two of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Once I get it on an auto course or a track with just the 22 mm whiteline bar, I may get the toraion bar to see if it is too much. It isn't a whole lot of outlay so if it does end up being too much, we'll all know.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Whats up Aaron......congrats nice to see you getting some parts out of storage and on the car! Tighten those up in a week, I had to a few times, they get loose after driving and need to be re-torqued or they will clunk!

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
Whats up Aaron......congrats nice to see you getting some parts out of storage and on the car! Tighten those up in a week, I had to a few times, they get loose after driving and need to be re-torqued or they will clunk!
Nah...Jeff....this was a part I ordered a week ago and installed it.....[wrenchin].....thought id take some initiative and get something installed. I will check those Bolts and Nuts again.....Never had much of a problem with Nylok nuts coming loose...but I will check them at your Rec.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've heard those bolts are to be torqued to 100 ft/lbs? I know a lot of times torqueing to a spec is overkill, but probably worth it in this case.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I know this TB Performance Traction Bar is by design better than just the Pierce 2 pt. but Pierce has 4 and 6 pt as well, that 4 pt. looks pretty nice and would be a step up from this Traction Bar probably... I want to reduce torque steer badly, I just wish I know how well each option helps. With an e30 tune that steering wheel loves to jerk back and forth even in 3rd gear accelerations, can anyone say how much that improved with the Traction Bar vs. a Pierce 4 pt or at least how much it's reduced with this Traction Bar? Is it a 25, 50% reduction? hmmm

Nah...Jeff....this was a part I ordered a week ago and installed it.....[wrenchin].....thought id take some initiative and get something installed. I will check those Bolts and Nuts again.....Never had much of a problem with Nylok nuts coming loose...but I will check them at your Rec.
I know this thread was from awhile ago but a friend of mine just gave me a TB two point brace and it came with 2 bolts. Do you know what size washers I need for this? Or even what size bolt I should pick up incase I screw something up? This will be my 2nd attempt at working on my car so my knowledge is poo poo right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
I know this thread was from awhile ago but a friend of mine just gave me a TB two point brace and it came with 2 bolts. Do you know what size washers I need for this? Or even what size bolt I should pick up incase I screw something up? This will be my 2nd attempt at working on my car so my knowledge is poo poo right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bring the Bolts to the hardware store....preferably a smaller family store as Washers are easier to find along with Help. I'm sure you will find them.....not a special washer or anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Bring the Bolts to the hardware store....preferably a smaller family store as Washers are easier to find along with Help. I'm sure you will find them.....not a special washer or anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Awesome 👍 I'm about to head out and bring it thanks man.