Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Reversing Rear View Camera Kit On 2018 MK8 - ST Line - Sync 3?

NicklasAPJ

Hello.

I got a Ford Fiesta MK8 2018 ST-Line.

One of the thing I did not option when I bought it was Reversing Rear View Camera. I would like to have it now, and found this:

Ford Fiesta Reversing Rear View Camera Kit
https://www.carcommunications.co.uk...d-fiesta-reversing-rear-view-camera-kit-sync3

It said it works with Sync 3? So if I bring this kit to my Ford Dealer, do you think they gonna update the Sync 3 Software so I can see the Camera on the screen?

//NicklasAPJ!

That’s a whole lot of money for a reverse camera when you put on what Ford will charge you to install.

I would use either Forscan if you are computer savvy and if not, pick up a 4d Tech Canopener with wiring harness (make sure good for UK use since it’s USA) and install that. $200 usd for the kid and pick up a camera off of amazon.

I went to Ford and asked them to update my WiFi bc the download for Sync 3 didn’t work. They tried charging me $75 to update it and I made a stink and got it for free. Much cheaper than the kit you wanted to buy !

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask ! I have posted some pictures in a different thread of the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

NicklasAPJ

Thread Starter #3
That’s a whole lot of money for a reverse camera when you put on what Ford will charge you to install.

I would use either Forscan if you are computer savvy and if not, pick up a 4d Tech Canopener with wiring harness (make sure good for UK use since it’s USA) and install that. $200 usd for the kid and pick up a camera off of amazon.

I went to Ford and asked them to update my WiFi bc the download for Sync 3 didn’t work. They tried charging me $75 to update it and I made a stink and got it for free. Much cheaper than the kit you wanted to buy !

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask ! I have posted some pictures in a different thread of the install.

Thanks alot! Can you link to a Camara that would work on my car?

This is the exact one I have. It’s great and gives you guidelines for parking. However, it is really large and doesn’t allow you to run a plate cover in the rear. Maybe if you get some longer screws and modify it can work

These two I’ve heard from other users works great. Haven’t tried it myself though. All depends on personal preference !

Forgot to add, my camera mounts to the license plate bracket.

The other two in order of post are 1. Plate light camera mount above the plate and 2. Trunk handle camera replacement.

OP
N

NicklasAPJ

Thread Starter #6
Forgot to add, my camera mounts to the license plate bracket.

The other two in order of post are 1. Plate light camera mount above the plate and 2. Trunk handle camera replacement.

It needs to be small, as I nneed to have cover on my plates in Denmark.