Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Electronic gremlins or PCM fail?-codes included

2014 FiST 58k Miles. E30 X37 FBO

While driving from the airport and merging on a side street the electronics cut out. I’m talking about everything. Once, I was on the side of the road, I saw a message on the sync stating something along the lines of powering car down to save battery. The engine was still running but had no throttle. I was unable to shut the car off till the message went away. I cycled the car again and got a wrench and all the electronics came back to life. No throttle. I cycled the car again and everything was back to normal. No wrench light and no strange issues after. Was able to drive the car 100%

Has anyone ever heard of this? Possible solutions.

Battery and alternator tested fine. Battery terminals are tight. I’m worried about driving the car. I’m not sure if this is covered under warranty (PCM)

Finally, if the PCM is bad. What do I do? Unmarry the AP when I get to the dealership and lose all the codes? If a new PCM comes I assume my AP would be worthless? I was told that I can’t run a stock tune anymore on the X37.

Codes:
P0504
P060D
P193F
P2127
P2138
U012D
U1007

Thanks.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hard to diagnose if it isn't in the failed mode at this time. Next time it happens, leave it and tow it to your favorite Ford dealer for diagnosis, when it's in fail mode, otherwise it's almost impossible to diagnose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
I had it tested for free at advanced auto parts. I had some weird flickering of the TC/ABS. This was a couple of weeks ago. It was a split second flash that would happen sporadically.

koozy

3000 Post Club
For intermittent anomalies I'd recommend checking all of the grounds on the chassis, trans, etc. Make sure the battery terminals and any in-line fuse are not showing signs of corrosion, if so clean them. I have yet to read or hear about someone having to replace a control module or PCM, it's usually been a bad ground, fuses, or sensors. One guy had weird issues and codes showing up, it turned out to be a bad ECU harness connection, so try reconnecting the ECU harness, disconnect the battery first of course.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
check your fuses under the hood. this happened to my buddy with an X47R a few weeks ago. he got the same codes as you. there was a popped "emissions" fuse.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions. I gave the dealer the codes and your suggestions. I’m waiting on what they find.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
I got impatient. They couldn’t locate the source of my issue. No more codes were thrown. I decided to pick the car up. They did the recall for the coolan. Installed a new tank, hose, and thermostat. I told them not to flash the car at the juncture. How can I tell if they flashed the car? Would the AP not work?