Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17x7.5 wheel users, I could use your advice!

I've got a set of Fifteen52 Chicanes coming in the mail. That was the easy part. The hard part is finding tires that look AND perform great on that size wheel. I'm eyeballing Michelin PS4 in 205/40r17 and Advan Fleva V701 in 215/40r17. I'm aware the Michelin is a better tire, but I'm worried about fitting a 205 on a 7.5'' wheel. I can't find a straight answer on tread width online.

Has anyone bought tires for this particular size wheel? What did you go with?

Pictures would help immensely!

Thanks.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I ran the factory 205/40s RE71s on 7.5-wide wheels. They had a slight stretch to them but nothing drastic.

I’ve been running 215/40s now for the last two sets of tires I’ve purchased. Those have a more square appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Volta
Thread Starter #3
I ran the factory 205/40s RE71s on 7.5-wide wheels. They had a slight stretch to them but nothing drastic.

I’ve been running 215/40s now for the last two sets of tires I’ve purchased. Those have a more square appearance.

Thanks Ruben,

Would you say the slight increase in tire width hurt turn in response or steering feel at all? What tires have you been running and do you recommend them? Thanks for any help.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I chose to “downgrade” to all-season high performance 215/40 tires. They ride softer (taller sidewall) and turn in does suffer some compared to the factory 205/40 RE71s, but it’s not as big as an issue as you might believe.

I purchased Federal SS 595s which were grippy and long lasting. I currently am trying out some Nankang NS25 hi-performance all seasons. I haven’t taken them up to the canyons to compare them to stock RE71s or the Federals, but I am finding them plenty grippy.

These are the 205/40/17s RE71 on 17x7.5 wheels

215/40/17 Federal SS595s on 17x7.5 wheels

dk334

I have BC coil’s on mine and the same rims as you. I went to stock tire size.