Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension Overhaul

O'Heyyy,

So I am looking at upgrading my FiST's suspension a tad, in order to handle around 290hp and not spin out while doing the twisties around my house. I also do some autocross and would like to get some opinions on a solid Suspension set-up.

Side Note, my passenger side rear suspension creaks when I get in and out of the car? Do you think I just need to lube some of the rear joints?

I really appreciate any help this fantastic forum can give me.

Thanks,
Poodles

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
14 FiST, almost 80k miles, and I'm running the stock Wheels on Bridgestone Eagle F1s.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

Don't lift off the throttle mid corner.

All jokes aside. How low are you willing to go? What's your budget? Do you daily the car or is it an aggressive driving toy for hooning only? Definitely will affect your recommendations.

Daily I'd recommend springs, front and rear chasis bracing and better tires.

Hoon/toy I'd recommend coilovers/koni yellows full stiff, chasis bracing and extreme performance tires

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
Budget is relatively limitless #VADisability (lol). Also I'm not going to be driving it while I'm in Grad School up in Boston, so I have a year to purchase/accumulate parts for a major install.

End State - A DD that destroys the gratuitous amount of twisties back home, and I don't get a concussion from driving on the highway/in PA.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

Are you really spinning out on canyon runs? The back end pushes but I've never experienced any snap oversteer outside of driver error. Or do you mean spinning the tires(burnout)?

Tires will make the biggest difference in traction. Re-71r, direzza zIII, rs-r, 615k+. Lightweight wheels also help.

As for suspension, Bc coils or koni yellows on swift springs. And definitely some chasis bracing in front and back or sway bars. Most of us get the chasis bracing as it's cheaper, easier install, similar/same results as sway bars and the front bracing helps with traction and torque steer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk