Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wing risers fading.

Trader history for DAPR (0)

Jerickson88

Anodized parts just don’t last in the sun. I don’t care what they do to it in the process, it just doesn’t last. At all. They should be made with a high impact poly, possibly a brass or stainless insert. UHMW is the specific product I’m thinking.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #22
I'm overly upset with Boomba, especially since they said this issue had been fixed. I fell for their whole (we made it first and don't have money to patent guilt trip.)

The $75 Amazon ones probably hold up better at half the price. I don't have first hand evidence of this yet.

Jerickson88

I'm overly upset with Boomba, especially since they said this issue had been fixed. I fell for their whole (we made it first and don't have money to patent guilt trip.)

The $75 Amazon ones probably hold up better at half the price. I don't have first hand evidence of this yet.
This is partially why I don’t get into appearance mods. I’m so frickin picky that any little knock or ding is gonna set me off. Tire shop didn’t get why I was upset over handling marks on my wheels. I hand dry them and brush out the lug nut pockets when I wash my car. Every time.

I just leave appearance stuff to the wayside. I feel like it won’t meet my standard anyways why bother.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Have you ever changed a set of tires in your life? You kind of have to handle the wheels to change the tires. You're starting to sound kind of prickish. I'm very picky about my stuff but I'm definitely not going to get upset over fingerprints on wheels from a tire change.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Have you ever changed a set of tires in your life? You kind of have to handle the wheels to change the tires. You're starting to sound kind of prickish. I'm very picky about my stuff but I'm definitely not going to get upset over fingerprints on wheels from a tire change.

Yes, I’m a former tire technician. Pardon me for sounding prickish. It’s the first car I’ve ever bought new. It’s shitty for someone to take 3 hours mounting tires, scuff a side skirt because they can’t rack a car, and render my lugnuts useless so that I have to hammer the correct socket on every single lug nut.

So as a prick that paid $150 to have tires mounted, I’m seriously bothered. And handing marks? Not HAND marks. There’s scratches on the spokes from where the douchebag let the bar ride across the face of the wheel, not the edge.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I got it now my bad. You definitely have a right to be upset then. $150 what the hell. Discount Tire charges $64 a set.

OP
D
Thread Starter #28
Yes, I’m a former tire technician. Pardon me for sounding prickish. It’s the first car I’ve ever bought new. It’s shitty for someone to take 3 hours mounting tires, scuff a side skirt because they can’t rack a car, and render my lugnuts useless so that I have to hammer the correct socket on every single lug nut.

So as a prick that paid $150 to have tires mounted, I’m seriously bothered. And handing marks? Not HAND marks. There’s scratches on the spokes from where the douchebag let the bar ride across the face of the wheel, not the edge.
I can relate, just had tires swapped over to my new to me used wheels. One stuck to the hub. I asked them to lower the car to brake them loose. Stood in horror as the tire lady took a sledge to the inside of my Team Dynamics.

Jerickson88

I got it now. You definitely have a right to be upset handle marks sound like fingerprints, not they scratched your wheels and your car. $150 what the hell. Discount Tire charges $64 a set.

Chain tire shop mounted my internet tires. I’m sure had it been a set from them I would have been handled differently. They wanted photo evidence of before to prove the condition. So I should distrust everyone and expect them to fail? That’s why I just can’t get into appearance mods. I’m on the fence about the Cobb Knob.

Jerickson88

I can relate, just had tires swapped over to my new to me used wheels. One stuck to the hub. I asked them to lower the car to brake them loose. Stood in horror as the tire lady took a sledge to the inside of my Team Dynamics.
I wasn’t allowed to watch them mount my tires. Consider yourself privileged. Looking back, I’m sure this is why they didn’t want me to see it, that way I’d have a case.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I wasn’t allowed to watch them mount my tires. Consider yourself privileged. Looking back, I’m sure this is why they didn’t want me to see it, that way I’d have a case.
That is some bull I would have lost my shit. Do you have a Discount Tire in your area?

Jerickson88

That is some bull I would have lost my shit. Do you have a Discount Tire in your area?

Nah. Our largest chain is Pep Boys and NTB (Tire kingdom) and they are usually slammed. Went to a local chain Tire Engineers. Will probably just stick to the independent stores.

OP
D
Thread Starter #33

Honestly Costco is amazing for tires but they won't mount a lower speed rating than what's on the door. A problem if you go to 15s.

Back to topic. Anyone try the Amazon risers?

OP
D
Thread Starter #34
Also, I'm officially not buying anything else from Boomba. I like their brake ducts but they don't stand behind their products.

Jerickson88

Also, I'm officially not buying anything else from Boomba. I like their brake ducts but they don't stand behind their products.

Simply put if they were that beneficial, Mountune, Cobb, or some other major player would be marketing a similar product.

That being said, I am not saying their products aren’t any good. I bet you got a bad run.

OP
D
Thread Starter #36
OH and back to the risers, they also informed me people have painted them with good results.

Seriously...

At $141 gold plate them. Or I don't know if you're aware your anodization sucks, sell them... painted? You know like you are recommending your customers do.

dmb

Just bought the $15 ebay 3D set with out the hard ware the holes in the pic are off center so i'll wait and see. are they a pain to install?

OP
D
Thread Starter #38
Just bought the $15 ebay 3D set with out the hard ware the holes in the pic are off center so i'll wait and see. are they a pain to install?
Not really, a friend to help with placement would make things easier. I did mine solo and put a small scratch or 2 in my clear coat.

OP
D
Thread Starter #39
I've had no contact with Boomba since I stated that I was unhappy with all their options despite them having activity on the forum.

Not what you would expect from a company with good customer service.

dmb

They got your money, You already bought it, Never give it up, plenty of fish in the sea. Snobs, back in the old day's someone would end up with a bloody nose. now you go to jail? backward's for sure.