Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wing risers fading.

Trader history for DAPR (0)

DAPR

Had my red risers on for a few weeks and they are turning pink and looking gross. I purchased from Boomba to support the company that designed the part. I think I made a mistake, other companies powercoat and their products are probably more durable. My shift knob still looks fine, I'm nervous to open my hood and check my battery hold down.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Where did you buy it from? Reputable vendor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dude, tape it all off and use a high quality spray paint to fix it. That's $5 and will take 30 minutes as opposed to removing the entire assembly for a replacement. Easy fix.

Boomba is top notch, you might have gotten a lemon, but it should hold structurally.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Take off the spoiler and the trunk so you can spray paint it? LMAO yeah, that is so much easier than just removing it and spray painting it while uninstalled.

Sam4

Take off the spoiler and the trunk so you can spray paint it? LMAO yeah, that is so much easier than just removing it and spray painting it while uninstalled.

Yeah, my boomba black are now purplish, but no way would I uninstall to paint - forget painting in place.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Painting stuff in place isn't that hard. Get a roll of 3" masking tape and some newspaper, a little careful prep work and you're good. I've done it a jillion times, if the piece in question is easy to remove that's one thing, but in the case of the Fiesta rear wing it would be far quicker to paint the risers with the wing on.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #9
I'd take them off to paint. But spending $140 on these I expected to quality. That's not what I got. I should not be responsible for painting them or doing QC for the company.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Agreed. I'm surprised they're not anodized.

Jerickson88

I'd take them off to paint. But spending $140 on these I expected to quality. That's not what I got. I should not be responsible for painting them or doing QC for the company.

Anodized parts fade in the sun. Powder coated will as well if you arenā€™t using a UV rated paint.

Jerickson88

Anodized parts fade in the sun. Powdercoated will as well if you arenā€™t using a UV rated paint.

https://www.anoplate.com/news-and-events/why-does-anodize-fade/

Not defending the company. Call them and give them a chance to make it right. Thereā€™s also nowhere that states they will or will not fade in UV exposure.

Do you mind posting pictures? Try tinypic.com if you have issues with the forums attachment tool.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #13
People in the first run had issues like this as well. I just think the anodized parts were not properly sealed. I really wanted to order the cheaper ones from another vendor and was torn on the issue. I wanted to support a company that supports the community. Looks like I may have chosen poorly this time. I called them and they asked for pictures so hopefully I can get that to them shortly. If I'm not satisfied with their resolution I'll buy a set from another vendor, paint the Boomba ones and sell them to someone else. It's sad because I really like their offerings.

I'll hold further judgement until I see their resolution.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #14
Anodized parts fade in the sun. Powdercoated will as well if you arenā€™t using a UV rated paint.

https://www.anoplate.com/news-and-events/why-does-anodize-fade/

Not defending the company. Call them and give them a chance to make it right. Thereā€™s also nowhere that states they will or will not fade in UV exposure.

Do you mind posting pictures? Try tinypic.com if you have issues with the forums attachment tool.
They started in a previous thread that fading was not an issue.

To quote Boomba directly:
"The first batch of wing risers had a fading issue only in the black and red color. The anodizer we used failed to properly seal the risers, resulting in them fading very quickly. Since then, we have switched anodizers and the issue no longer persists."

Jerickson88

They started in a previous thread that fading was not an issue.

To quote Boomba directly:
"The first batch of wing risers had a fading issue only in the black and red color. The anodizer we used failed to properly seal the risers, resulting in them fading very quickly. Since then, we have switched anodizers and the issue no longer persists."

10-4. I donā€™t use anything of theirs, but have handled their parts, itā€™s quality. Things happen. Iā€™m sure they will make it right.

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
"1-You can send the risers back to us and we will have them re-anodized for you.

OR
2-We can offer you a discount on your next Boomba purchase.
OR
3-We can send you a Boomba T-shirt in your choice of size or a Boomba beanie."

Boomba just lost a customer.

OP
D
Thread Starter #17
The T-shirt offer feels like a slap in the face. Why would I want to advertise for your company after getting a bad product. Makes me want to remove all my Boomba part's. I had recommended their shift knob to someone. Hope that doesn't bite me.

Here's what they look like in under 4 weeks.

You should see mine, way worse than that. Black is now silver. It is what it is - doesn't bother me

OP
D
Thread Starter #19
You should see mine, way worse than that. Black is now silver. It is what it is - doesn't bother me
Welp seems like they never fixed the issue. Did yours turn in under a month. It hasn't even been 4 weeks. Should of just bought the ones on Amazon.

Welp seems like they never fixed the issue. Did yours turn in under a month. It hasn't even been 4 weeks. Should of just bought the ones on Amazon.
I've had them over 2 years now, pretty sure by mid summer (I Bought them in May 2016) they had already turned